1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 10:06
    Originally posted by roma45
    i have not gave you a thumb down YET, as i am convinced you are not serious, saints are playing the potato munchers tomorrow, as a true celyic man i take it you will be following roi at euro 12. 😀
    lol, you will feel the wrath but i genuinely hope yo do well, I have a soft spot for the Saints and Perth in general.

My team is Germany, I have the Germany away kit, black with gold trim and a red
    band around the neck, its beautiful. I stopped short of getting Schweinsteiger printed
    on the back, it might upset some of the Rangers fans who wear the England kit to the
    gym that i am paying for but never go. As usual i will be supporting every team that
    plays against England.
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    02 May '12 10:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, you will feel the wrath but i genuinely hope yo do well, I have a soft spot for the Saints and Perth in general.

My team is Germany, I have the Germany away kit, black with gold trim and a red
    band around the neck, its beautiful. I stopped short of getting Schweinsteiger printed
    on the back, it might upset some of the Rangers fans who ...[text shortened]... paying for but never go. As usual i will be supporting every team that
    plays against England.
    black kit with gold trim and a red band around the neck? and people say glaswedians have no dress sense. 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 12:002 edits
    black kit with gold trim and a red band around the neck? and people say glaswedians have no dress sense. 😀
    no way, i was once driving past asda in Perth and i say a young dude with a pair of
    caterpillar boots on, a navy blue t-shirt and a kilt with like a huge belt holding it up
    strutting about as if it happens every day. Then you get the left over loons from T-in
    the park, strutting about in a daze wondering if the festivals finished or there's another
    one somewhere else that they should be at.
  4. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    02 May '12 15:21
    you are telling me, a Glaswegian from birth, what it means to be a supporter of
    Glasgow Celtic, a Dutchman who has hardly seen the murky waters of the river Clyde,
    nor stood in 'the Jungle', on a European evening before stadiums were all seated,
    whose father used to lift him over the turnstiles, I dont think ill be taking any lessons
    on cultu ...[text shortened]... or directions to the Krasnapolsky
    hotel, Amsterdam ill ask you, otherwise, you know nothing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 15:401 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C.
    so now i need to look up wikipedia to confirm my cultural traditions and heritage, do tell,
    was the article written by a Glaswegian, that is, someone that was born, lived and
    continues to live in Glasgow, do you think they will proffer any advice on what it means
    to be Glaswegian and a supporter of Glasgow Celtic?
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    02 May '12 15:51
    so now i need to look up wikipedia to confirm my cultural traditions and heritage, do tell,
    was the article written by a Glaswegian, that is, someone that was born, lived and
    continues to live in Glasgow, do you think they will proffer any advice on what it means
    to be Glaswegian and a supporter of Glasgow Celtic?
    Well,at least they get the name right.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 19:262 edits
    Well,at least they get the name right.
    sorry i dont see any references to any alternative names do you, let me name some for you,

Rangers are known as, The Gers, The teddy bears, The Huns (by Celtic fans), The Billy
    boys (Rangers fans), Glasgow Rangers, Celtic are known as, The Celts, The Bhoys, The
    Tims, Glasgow Celtic, Never have i heard anyone in Glasgow refer to them as Celtic
    FC, but then again, ive only lived here for most of my life and you, well, you have
    wikipedia. Why dont you type Glasgow Celtic into a search engine, who knows, you
    might actually learn something which will stop you posting silly posts like the above
    and me having to waste my time responding to them.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 May '12 02:49
    Keep up the good work Robbie 😉
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:11
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Keep up the good work Robbie 😉
    flip sake Trev, a Dutchman telling me i dont know the name of a team i supported since
    I was a child simply because he has never heard it termed that way and someone's
    konker needing biffed by citing wikipedia as an authority, its enough to make a man
    pull the back pockets from his jeans in despair.
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:24
    sorry i dont see any references to any alternative names do you, let me name some for you,

Rangers are known as, The Gers, The teddy bears, The Huns (by Celtic fans), The Billy
    boys (Rangers fans), Glasgow Rangers, Celtic are known as, The Celts, The Bhoys, The
    Tims, Glasgow Celtic, Never have i heard anyone in Glasgow refer to them as Celtic ...[text shortened]... stop you posting silly posts like the above
    names for celtic? you missed out tattie munchers, soap dodgers, non poppy wearers and the most recent tainted, title winners. thats what the rest of scotland call celtic, there is more but a banning would occur if i printed them here.😀
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 08:322 edits
    names for celtic? you missed out tattie munchers, soap dodgers, non poppy wearers and the most recent tainted, title winners. thats what the rest of scotland call celtic, there is more but a banning would occur if i printed them here.😀
    awe no! no time for losers cause we are the champions my friends, da da da da!
    tainted title, haha, its not our fault the huns got docked ten points, thats their tax
    dodging, back to paradise again, Lennon da man! Bring on da saints, its gonna be
    roasty toasty for them.
  12. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 May '12 10:09
    awe no! no time for losers cause we are the champions my friends, da da da da!
    tainted title, haha, its not our fault the huns got docked ten points, thats their tax
    dodging, back to paradise again, Lennon da man! Bring on da saints, its gonna be
    roasty toasty for them.
    we are coming tonight in our thousands, tractors ready, kiss our sheep goodnight (said it before you) just hope the ref is wise to your cheating, robbed there last time robbed i say. will you manage to open the title as it has so much "gift wrapping" around it? its going to be easy peasy for us. 😀
  13. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    03 May '12 11:42

Tims, Glasgow Celtic, Never have i heard anyone in Glasgow refer to them as Celtic ...[text shortened]... stop you posting silly posts like the above
    The wiki page is very interesting with a lot of info. They do give a few nicknames as well.One that you did not mention - the hoops.
    I did as you suggested and typed 'Glasgow Celtic' into Google. The first reference to Glasgow Celtic was on page 3.Until then they were all Celtic football club.
    Have you seen the club badge?
    It is interesting that people in Glasgow call them Glasgow Celtic though.One would have thought Celtic (or Rangers) would have been enough.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 14:251 edit
    The wiki page is very interesting with a lot of info. They do give a few nicknames as well.One that you did not mention - the hoops.
    I did as you suggested and typed 'Glasgow Celtic' into Google. The first reference to Glasgow Celtic was on page 3.Until then they were all Celtic football club.
    Have you seen the club badge?
    It is interesting that peo ...[text shortened]... them Glasgow Celtic though.One would have thought Celtic (or Rangers) would have been enough.
    not so, for there are many other Celtics, indeed the first reference on Google is to
    Boston Celtic, a basketball team. Have i seen the club badge? I think a more
    pertinent question to ask is, have i kissed the club badge. You are correct in one
    respect though, the history of both Celtic and Rangers is not just interesting, its
    fascinating.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 14:301 edit
    we are coming tonight in our thousands, tractors ready, kiss our sheep goodnight (said it before you) just hope the ref is wise to your cheating, robbed there last time robbed i say. will you manage to open the title as it has so much "gift wrapping" around it? its going to be easy peasy for us. 😀
    Lol, i genuinely hope the Saints get a turn. Once i was at Pittodrie and we brought a
    blow up sheep to annoy the Aberdeen fans with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree