1. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    03 May '12 15:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not so, for there are many other Celtics, indeed the first reference on Google is to
    Boston Celtic, a basketball team. Have i seen the club badge? I think a more
    pertinent question to ask is, have i kissed the club badge. You are correct in one
    respect though, the history of both Celtic and Rangers is not just interesting, its
    fascinating.
    You said type 'Glasgow Celtic' not just 'Celtic'.That way Boston celtic does not appear at all.But it is not that important anyway. I was only trying to point out that the name of your favourite football club is ' The Celtic Football Club' and NOT ' Glasgow Celtic FC' as you mistakenly insist.After all it could be important in the next pub quiz.
    The history is fascinating though and I am glad that I looked it up on Wiki.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 15:55
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    You said type 'Glasgow Celtic' not just 'Celtic'.That way Boston celtic does not appear at all.But it is not that important anyway. I was only trying to point out that the name of your favourite football club is ' The Celtic Football Club' and NOT ' Glasgow Celtic FC' as you mistakenly insist.After all it could be important in the next pub quiz.
    The history is fascinating though and I am glad that I looked it up on Wiki.
    We call them Glasgow Celtic to differentiate them from other Celtics, i thought this was
    obvious, perhaps i should not assume any level of discernment in future. The Pope is
    also called his most illustrious holy eminence, or the Pontifex Maximus, it hardly
    negates people calling him the Pope, does it. I have not mistakenly insisted anything,
    its not my fault your ignorance of what actually transpires in Glasgow is limited to your
    assimilation of wikipedia articles, that i could stomach, but projecting that ignorance as
    a justification for terming others mistaken is simply unacceptable. The German
    national team are termed Die Manschaft, by your reasoning, that's a mistake, for their
    official title is Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft.
  3. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    03 May '12 16:20
    We call them Glasgow Celtic to differentiate them from other Celtics, i thought this was
    obvious, perhaps i should not assume any level of discernment in future. The Pope is
    also called his most illustrious holy eminence, or the Pontifex Maximus, it hardly
    negates people calling him the Pope, does it. I have not mistakenly insisted anything, ...[text shortened]... soning, that's a mistake, for their
    official title is Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft.
    Oh dear Robbie.Both of your examples are cases where a longer name is made shorter.
    That would make sense if your clubs correct name was 'The Glasgow Celtic FC' and you were just calling them 'Celtic'.
    Are you saying that if you only used Celtic ( as in 'I hope Celtic win on Saturday'😉 people would think that you meant something other than your football team? In Glascow? What other Celtics are there that they would think you were refering to?
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 May '12 18:31
    Lol, i genuinely hope the Saints get a turn. Once i was at Pittodrie and we brought a
    blow up sheep to annoy the Aberdeen fans with.
    what do you call a man from aberdeen that owns 10 sheep? a pimp....😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Oh dear Robbie.Both of your examples are cases where a longer name is made shorter.
    That would make sense if your clubs correct name was 'The Glasgow Celtic FC' and you were just calling them 'Celtic'.
    Are you saying that if you only used Celtic ( as in 'I hope Celtic win on Saturday'😉 people would think that you meant something other than your footb ...[text shortened]... team? In Glascow? What other Celtics are there that they would think you were refering to?
    If i stated I do hope that Celtic football club wins on Saturday then i would be sure to
    get a strange look, why is he talking with marbles in his mouth they might wonder, on
    the other hand, if I stated, Ah hope The Tic win on Saturday people would have no
    trouble understanding who i was referring to. What you read on wikipedia and the
    colloquialisms that people actually use in real life are not one and the same thing!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:41
    Originally posted by roma45
    what do you call a man from aberdeen that owns 10 sheep? a pimp....😀
    😵
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '12 12:12
    not so, for there are many other Celtics, indeed the first reference on Google is to Boston Celtic
    So, it's not just the name of "your" own club you get wrong.

The basketball team is called Celtics.

By the way, there are Glasgows in the USA, as well. Shouldn't you specify that you support Glasgow Scotland Celtic?

Richard
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '12 14:29
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    So, it's not just the name of "your" own club you get wrong.

The basketball team is called Celtics.

By the way, there are Glasgows in the USA, as well. Shouldn't you specify that you support Glasgow Scotland Celtic?

Richard
    if you say so boss, shakin da bush boss, shakin da bush!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree