19 May '11 07:07
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    19 May '11 08:21
    To be honest they also have this guy:
    YouTube

For me there's no reason to keep flaming Barca (here). We all know they cheat. We all know the refs let them. We all know UEFA wont do anything about it.

Wenger knew it and commented on it. Mourinho knew it and made allegations. And soon we'll hear Ferguson say it.
  3. Standard memberdoctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    Moves
    28 May '11 07:37
    Originally posted by Seitse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0
    They'll stand for nowt once the mighty reds get at em.....come on you reds.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '11 10:44
    Originally posted by doctor rhythm
    They'll stand for nowt once the mighty reds get at em.....come on you reds.
    In all my years of watching football i have always rooted for British clubs playing in europe . Ipswich ,Aberdeen ,Nottingham Forest ,Aston Villa etc ,etc
    This time i hope Barcelona beat Man utd , what with the phoney ,jump on the band wagon fans .The arrogant Ferguson and the arrogant players such as Rooney and Ferdinand ,and now a player who thinks he is above the law ,Giggs !
    I remember the 70,s and 80,s when Liverpool dominated English and eropean football ,no arrogance from players or fans there !
  5. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    28 May '11 13:58
    Originally posted by phil3000
    In all my years of watching football i have always rooted for British clubs playing in europe . Ipswich ,Aberdeen ,Nottingham Forest ,Aston Villa etc ,etc
    This time i hope Barcelona beat Man utd , what with the phoney ,jump on the band wagon fans .The arrogant Ferguson and the arrogant players such as Rooney and Ferdinand ,and now a player who thinks he is ...[text shortened]... when Liverpool dominated English and eropean football ,no arrogance from players or fans there !
    Bitter much?
  6. Shanghai
    Moves
    28 May '11 14:36
    Originally posted by phil3000
    This time i hope Barcelona beat Man utd , what with the phoney ,jump on the band wagon fans .The arrogant Ferguson and the arrogant players such as Rooney and Ferdinand ,and now a player who thinks he is ...[text shortened]... when Liverpool dominated English and eropean football ,no arrogance from players or fans there !
    I dont want either of them to win. Hate UEFA too. The best result for me would be a 22 man punch up on the pitch resulting in the abondoning of the game.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 May '11 15:58
    Originally posted by deriver69
    I dont want either of them to win. Hate UEFA too. The best result for me would be a 22 man punch up on the pitch resulting in the abondoning of the game.
    but rio might break a nail 🙁
  8. In your face
    Moves
    28 May '11 16:06
    Originally posted by deriver69
    How about an Atletico Madras - Inter MaLager final?
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '11 16:39
    Originally posted by trev33
    but rio might break a nail 🙁
    Trip over his top lip !
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '11 16:41
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Bitter much?
    John Smith's and a few real ale's most nights 😵
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 May '11 20:41
    A shame, Barca could've scored six tonight...certainly they were a class apart and the 3-1 result is of no consequence really. The best club in the world meant business tonight...
  12. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 May '11 21:33
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    A shame, Barca could've scored six tonight...certainly they were a class apart and the 3-1 result is of no consequence really. The best club in the world meant business tonight...
    Interesting post.

Why do you think Barcelona had such an easy time of it?

Did United do anything right?

In retrospect do you think United could of played differently in some way, changed tactics or personel to make the game more competitive?

Or do you think Barcelona with this team are always going to walk all over united?
  13. In your face
    Moves
    28 May '11 23:41
    Originally posted by Steven Anthony

Or do you think Barcelona with this team are always going to walk all over united?
    Or any other club in the world? Clearly the best by a country mile.
  14. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    28 May '11 23:50
    .................😲............😛............😀
  15. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 May '11 01:25
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Or any other club in the world? Clearly the best by a country mile.
    Yes I agree Barcelona are the best club in the world but they are beatable on a given day.

I think the Liverpool team of 5 or 6 years ago had a team and the tactics to beat Barcelona of today. Pack the midfield with real quality and patiently wait for a break. Boring to watch but effective.

United today kept Messi fairly contained, its not like there were 10 times i thought here we go.

The problem United had was in midfield, totally outclassed, out passed and no connection with defence or strikers and a great big hole infront of Vidic and Ferdinand the entire game.

It was embarassing, United played the wrong team and tactics.
    At half time they should of moved Valencia to RB, off with Fabio and Hernandez, on Scholes and Nani.

Almost play 4-5-1-0, United could have frustrated Barcelona, got into the game by gaining confidence from passing the ball a little more and atleast had a chance.

I'm not saying they would of won, just made more of a game of it if they had changed formation IMO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree