1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '11 02:54
    It was a privilege to watch that Barca side, simple, beautiful football.
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    31 May '11 06:15
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I have news for you.

After the match yesterday Ferguson proved himself to be a better man than both you and Mourinho. He may have a reputation for being a grumpy old git, but he showed that he can rise above it. Ferguson, clearly, is a man. Mourinho is not, and neither are you.

Richard
    You have news for me? Ferguson is a man and Mourinho and I aren't. That's your news? I'm impressed. Really. 🙄
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '11 12:34
    Originally posted by phil3000
    After his (Ferguson) team were totally out classed ,what could he say ?
    I doubt it was good grace from Fergie but more eating humble pie !
    Perhaps. It's true, there wasn't much to say. But, unlike some people on this forum, he did have the grace to say it. And he should be given the credit for that. Some other coaches (some Dutch ones as well) would have said less.

Richard
  4. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    31 May '11 16:31
    The Champions of England got totally out played for 80 minutes, Barcelona were awesome.

My immediate thoughts during and after the game were, what could they have done differently? Hindsight is, obviously, a wonderful thing. However, I couldn't see what United could have done differently. Ferguson played his strongest team, the same team that beat Chelsea three times. In a formation he believed would not only stop Barca, but get goals too.

Real Madrid tried the formation of eleven players behind the ball, and lost. In my opinion, if any team could pull off a 4-6 formation, it would be a Jose team. United wouldn't have been able to do it, would have lost by pretty much the same score line.

Hats off to Barcelona, a special team I believe.
  5. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 07:10
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Well when Fergie vacates Old Trafford, please let me know how you get on at the job interview 😛
    Wouldn't take the pay cut mate 🙄
  6. Shanghai
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 13:54
    I have to say Barcelona suprised me. I have to say they totally outplayed Man Utd and did not resort to falling over and surrounding the ref etc. The referee had an excellent game too.

Having said that I felt the defence were at fault for Barca's goals (not closing down quick enough and the 2nd particularly I thought should have been saved). The Man Utd goal I thought was not the fault of the Barca defence, it was a good goal. Maybe though that shows the class Barca have, that you need to score a good goal against them.

I still hate Barcelona but you have to applaud a convincing performance like the one last weekend.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 16:08
    utd played poorly, every time they got the ball they looked for a quick pass to the 'little pea', that's not how they played during the rest of the season. handing the ball back to barce so often and so easily is asking for trouble. like two years ago they looked good for the first 10 mins but when barce got going and they didn't have an early goal they were lost. to many poor performances and absent players cost them.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    utd played poorly, every time they got the ball they looked for a quick pass to the 'little pea', that's not how they played during the rest of the season. handing the ball back to barce so often and so easily is asking for trouble. like two years ago they looked good for the first 10 mins but when barce got going and they didn't have an early goal they were lost. to many poor performances and absent players cost them.
    I think Fergie pissing off Berbatov; probably by not playing him; and by putting Owen on the bench and then not playing him; even at 3-1; and instead subbing on the ginger drop-kicker, for sentimental reasons - had something to do with it.
  9. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 02:41
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Manchester United started the game better and Barcelona actually looked uncomfortable. "Completely wrong" is quite the overstatement, what would you have done?
    I would disagree that Barcelona looked uncomfortable. I would say the game was even in the opening 20 minutes. Certainly, at times Man. Utd. was on the front foot which made Barcelona "uncomfortable" then. But your comment gives me the impression that Man. Utd. had the upper hand.

I agree with your basic point though. I don't know what I would have done differently if I was SAF. Other than I would have played Anderson instead of Carrick. But tactically, that wouldn't have bee any different.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree