1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 02:25
    League looking into report of Packers players' 'bounty' offers
    By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
    November 19, 2007

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- NFL officials are investigating whether Green Bay Packers players offered payments to teammates for achieving specific defensive goals. League rules prohibit teams and players "from offering or accepting bonuses to a player for his or his team's performance against a particular team, a particular opposing player or players, or a particular group of an opposing team." League spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the investigation Monday. ESPN reported that Packers defensive backs offered to pay the team's defensive linemen $500 each if there were able to hold Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson under 100 yards rushing two weeks ago...Peterson was held to 45 yards rushing before he left the Vikings' Nov. 11 loss to the Packers with knee injury in the third quarter after being tackled by Packer's cornerback Al Harris.

(Rumors that Al Harris was shouting "Save me the money!" as he made his way to the sideline after knocking the NFL's leading rusher from the game have not been confirmed)
  2. USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 04:31
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    League looking into report of Packers players' 'bounty' offers
    By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
    November 19, 2007

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- NFL officials are investigating whether Green Bay Packers players offered payments to teammates for achieving specific defensive goals. League rules prohibit teams and players "from offering or accepting bonuses ...[text shortened]... eline after knocking the NFL's leading rusher from the game have not been confirmed)
    Who are the NFL officials?, I think that it'll be pretty hard to uncover anything abou this case...
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 15:10
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Who are the NFL officials?, I think that it'll be pretty hard to uncover anything abou this case...
    Yeah, I don't think it's anything serious like a real "bounty" being placed on Peterson's head or anything. It probably just started out as someone making a joke in the locker room like,

Defensive Backs: "Hey, are you guys on the front line gonna tackle this kid Peterson this week, or are you gonna make all us defensive backs do your work for you?"

Defensive Line: "Don't worry about us, we'll do our job, you do yours."

DBs: "They say he's the next Gayle Sayers, and you guys were looking kind of slow in practice today. You should cut back on the pasta."

OL: "Put up or shut up!"

DBs: "Oh yeah?"

OL: "Yeah!"

DBs: "Ok, here's what we'll do, you hold Peterson to under 100 yards, and we'll give you guys 500 dollars each. Deal?"

OL: "You're on!"

I'm hoping that's all it was and this whole incident blows over.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 15:32
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Yeah, I don't think it's anything serious like a real "bounty" being placed on Peterson's head or anything. It probably just started out as someone making a joke in the locker room like,

Defensive Backs: "Hey, are you guys on the front line gonna tackle this kid Peterson this week, or are you gonna make all us defensive backs do your work for you?"
    ...[text shortened]...
    I'm hoping that's all it was and this whole incident blows over.
    If they had been the Patriots, then the entire real conversation would have been on video tape. Its to bad the Vikings are not cheaters.
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 17:52
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    If they had been the Patriots, then the entire real conversation would have been on video tape. Its to bad the Vikings are not cheaters.
    It's hard for the Vikings to cheat ever since owner Zygi Wilf hired a private security firm to monitor the players and coach after the fallout from head coach Mike Tice's Super Bowl ticket-scalping and the convictions of Vikings players Fred Smoot and Bryant McKinnie for the Party Boat scandal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree