1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    But they didn't have winning records before they played, the key point here and the only one likely to have a winning record at the end of the season is Green Bay.

You know what my point is. They have one quality win. The hawks have at least 2 since you're not going to want to count the GB game even though the refs gave both teams a TD.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets, Bills and Lions all finish with a better record than Dallas. And Seattle.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets, Bills and Lions all finish with a better record than Dallas.
    I would be. They have lost to the Bears and the Ravens who are both top five in the power rankings and then to the Hawks who average about 8th in the power rankings right now and that was at Century Link. Their season softens up in the second half.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:32
    Dropped passes... thats all I can say.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:32
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think SF wins this game by a TD at home with the real referees back on the job.
    I think both of the defenses are very good, but I think SF's offense is quite a bit better
    and SF is playing at home and not in the dome.
    Excellent prediction. SF beats the hawks by a touchdown.

*smiles at the hawk lovers*
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:361 edit
    If we didn't drop two touchdown passes it probably would have been a repeat of last week.

Edit: And they were definitely not schooled. Dumb miscues. I have to blame something so I'll blame it on not working hard enough after the comeback win against the pats.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:45
    If we didn't drop two touchdown passes it probably would have been a repeat of last week.

Edit: And they were definitely not schooled. Dumb miscues. I have to blame something so I'll blame it on not working hard enough after the comeback win against the pats.
    Did you score more than your opponent?..... NO
    Did SF play flawlessly?......... NO
    There were no referee saves this time..... THANK GOD!!!!
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:482 edits
    Did you score more than your opponent?..... NO
    Did SF play flawlessly?......... NO
    There were no referee saves this time..... THANK GOD!!!!
    The "not schooled" was a reference to what noone said. You made a grand prediction however. Still... NFL players paid millions to catch it gets frustrating to watch so many drops.

Edit: and if you actually bet on this game you gotta admit you were worried at the half. 😛

Edit2: The game felt more like the Seahawks lost it rather than the 49ers winnings it... still a loss is a loss and a win is a win. We probably aren't going to make the playoffs this year now but all hope isn't lost. Its ok since I wasn't expecting even this from the team before the year started. Next year we should be a force to reckon with when we pick up some better recievers and the rest of our game should be more cohesive with a lot of our starters first and second year players.
  8. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 12:45
    The "not schooled" was a reference to what noone said. You made a grand prediction however. Still... NFL players paid millions to catch it gets frustrating to watch so many drops.

Edit: and if you actually bet on this game you gotta admit you were worried at the half. 😛

Edit2: The game felt more like the Seahawks lost it rather than the 49ers winnin ...[text shortened]... our game should be more cohesive with a lot of our starters first and second year players.
    Earlier you thought they could go 13 and 3 if they won the game. Now you are saying they won't make the playoffs after 1 loss?
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Earlier you thought they could go 13 and 3 if they won the game. Now you are saying they won't make the playoffs after 1 loss?
    All I know is that if the Hawks take this one I don't see a game on their schedule where they'll be the underdogs and I see them having good chances of going on a run and winning 13 games. This would make me very happy since I only had them pegged at 9-7 or 10-6 with an at most of 11-5 if they beat the pats and packers.

This was the post you were referring to I believe.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 17:281 edit
    Yes because even an 11-5 or 12-4 doesn't guarantee a wild card in the NFC this year with so many good teams. I still think we can post a good record but if we don't win the division it will be tough. We just need everybody else in the division to split wins and go 3-3 in the division and win all of our home games to go 3-3 in the division so that a tie breaker isn't based on division record.... which is hoping for a lot.
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 20:391 edit
    Yes because even an 11-5 or 12-4 doesn't guarantee a wild card in the NFC this year with so many good teams. I still think we can post a good record but if we don't win the division it will be tough. We just need everybody else in the division to split wins and go 3-3 in the division and win all of our home games to go 3-3 in the division so that a tie breaker isn't based on division record.... which is hoping for a lot.
    I think (just my opinion) 11-5 would be good enough to secure a playoff spot this year regardless of your division record. Parity is the name of the game. By the end of the season I'll bet 9-7 would secure a spot.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 21:47
    I think (just my opinion) 11-5 would be good enough to secure a playoff spot this year regardless of your division record. Parity is the name of the game. By the end of the season I'll bet 9-7 would secure a spot.
    Parity in the AFC maybe but in just our division 3 teams have 4+ wins... see what I'm getting at.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 02:17
    Parity in the AFC maybe but in just our division 3 teams have 4+ wins... see what I'm getting at.
    They all have to play each other twice within the same division each year.
    Everyone won't win at that clip if by attrition alone.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 02:25
    They all have to play each other twice within the same division each year.
    Everyone won't win at that clip if by attrition alone.
    Yes, but it will be tougher down the stretch when games starting become "must win" since this game was already a "must win" and we came out dudding up the field.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 22:47
    Want a sure thing to win money on a pro football wager against the spread?

Ask me who I pick for the Thursday night game, and bet the opposite.
    I am picking at a 56% rate against the spread betting the full roster of games each week.

I have yet to pick correctly on the Thursday night game.
    I had not missed a Monday night game until this week when Chicago failed to cover by 1/2 point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree