1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 17:23
    Wonder what's up with that??

Congrats to Darren Clarke, one of the truly nice guys in the game.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 02:43
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

N. Ireland can have him now that he's broke!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 13:28
    rejected... there will be no bringing down of the mood. he can come when he's winning again, we're fickle like that 😉
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 14:461 edit

Maybe Tiger got spooked listening to Obama spout off about wanting to tax the rich. 😛
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 00:23
    ...and now he has sacked his longtime caddy, Steve Williams. The only thing worse than that is Williams is now carrying the bag for an Aussie.

Jesus wept.

skeeter
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 14:36
    Originally posted by skeeter
    ...and now he has sacked his longtime caddy, Steve Williams. The only thing worse than that is Williams is now carrying the bag for an Aussie.

Jesus wept.

skeeter
    Fluff Cowan got over it and so will Stevie.
  7. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 03:55
    The mighty Tiger at +1, the Aussie down under at -12......obviously the "A" game is past as the mighty Canadian doctor of PEDS is no longer available.........and the 4th horse rode to the Hilltop to review the idol,and the idol wad GOOD,, and it was shrouded in mist, and the mist cleared, and it was, as it always had been, The Bear, and it was of gold......
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 04:352 edits
    Originally posted by mudpie
    The mighty Tiger at +1, the Aussie down under at -12......obviously the "A" game is past as the mighty Canadian doctor of PEDS is no longer available.........and the 4th horse rode to the Hilltop to review the idol,and the idol wad GOOD,, and it was shrouded in mist, and the mist cleared, and it was, as it always had been, The Bear, and it was of gold......
    Tell you what. I'll take Tiger heads up against the Aussie for the next 5 years.
    Tiger was heads and shoulders better than the field, then he re-tooled his swing and
    was even better. Then he blew out a knee and went through a personal disaster that
    would have crushed most people totally. He is still trying to get right from the
    injuries.

But, once he does, he will ascend once again to the top. No one....repeat...no one in
    the game today has the grind and mettle of Tiger Woods including the Aussie, Rory,
    or Phil. Everyone thought Tiger screwed up firing Fluff Cowan from the bag after all
    of his success, when he hired Stevie Williams. Now he has fired Stevie and he will do just fine.
    They said he screwed up when he fired Butch Harmon as instructor. Then he won with Hank Haney.
    Odds are he will win with Sean Foley as well.
    Woods is a freak of nature who will own most every record in the book by the time he is done.
    It is actually good for golf that others have risen to challenge for the top. I don't
    see any of them running away and hiding from the pack the way Tiger did.

So many people, like yourself, would love to see him fail. Whether it is jealousy of
    his extreme talent, hatred of his lifestyle, or whatever, it will be fun watching them
    eat their words when Tiger rises from the ashes.
  9. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 18:08
    and went through a personal disaster that
    would have crushed most people totally
    Yes, getting caught playing around was clearly far more crushing than, for instance, Darren Clarke's wife dying of cancer.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 18:26
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Yes, getting caught playing around was clearly far more crushing than, for instance, Darren Clarke's wife dying of cancer.
    Excuse me? Darren Clarke has won, what ONE major, and it that was 5 YEARS after his wife passed?
    I am not trivializing her death, and I know Clarke is well liked, but you are a nut case
    if you think those two scenarios are remotely similar.

Give me a break.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 21:08
    i gave the thumbs down to both of your posts. you can't compare clarke with woods.

lets do what clarke would want and celebrate the fact that he's now the best golf player in the world 😏

with rory and 'g-mack' a close second and third... n.i the world rulers of golf - suck it 😛

lol
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 02:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    i gave the thumbs down to both of your posts. you can't compare clarke with woods.

lets do what clarke would want and celebrate the fact that he's now the best golf player in the world 😏

with rory and 'g-mack' a close second and third... n.i the world rulers of golf - suck it 😛

lol
    Not even close trev. Clarke won a major golf tournament. He is not now, nor will he
    ever be, the best golfer in the world.

Rory hasn't been number one in the world either and he won a major golf tournament.
    Rory might someday reach the pinnacle, but he's not there yet.

Same story for Graham McDowell.

Sorry trev, your statement holds no water. Come back and boast when they win their
    5th major. That means they need to win 4 more....each....then they will have one third
    (actually 5/14...provided Woods doesn't win another before whoever wins 4 more).

Rory gives you your best shot.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 10:08
    {Woods} went through a personal disaster that would have crushed most people totally.
    That's not a disaster, that was entirely his own fault. If he's crushed at all it's not because he is an adulterer, but because he got caught at it.

Richard
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 13:06
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That's not a disaster, that was entirely his own fault. If he's crushed at all it's not because he is an adulterer, but because he got caught at it.

Richard
    To use your line of reasoning...the riots in London are the fault of the police.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:10
    Not even close trev. Clarke won a major golf tournament. He is not now, nor will he
    ever be, the best golfer in the world.

Rory hasn't been number one in the world either and he won a major golf tournament.
    Rory might someday reach the pinnacle, but he's not there yet.

Same story for Graham McDowell.

Sorry trev, your statement holds no wat ...[text shortened]... ided Woods doesn't win another before whoever wins 4 more).

Rory gives you your best shot.
    i was mostly joking... sense the tone 😛

clarke might not be the best golfer in the world but he's certainly the best drinker in the golf world and that's all that matters 😵

on a serious note i agree with you that woods will get back to form, can't see him winning as easliy as before though, as for rory... he'll win a few more majors for sure. will be putting my money on day this week though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree