1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:11
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    To use your line of reasoning...the riots in London are the fault of the police.
    they are in a way
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 00:04
    Originally posted by trev33
    they are in a way
    That is a crock. This behavior was not fueled by any particular incident.
    It has spiraled out of control due to the drunken stupor of boorish mobs.
    The police should load up the guns and start dropping the looters at will.
    Either that, or allow the property owners to defend their property.
    This is inexcusable behavior and the participants deserve no mercy...ZERO!!!
    As they start to drop, clarity of the gravity of the situation will sink in and
    the rest will take care of itself.
    Those people suffering the losses these idiots are causing are not the enemy
    the rioters/looters claim they are lashing out at.
    How do you ever repair the damages they have had imposed on them by the masses?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 17:33
    That is a crock. This behavior was not fueled by any particular incident.
    It has spiraled out of control due to the drunken stupor of boorish mobs.
    The police should load up the guns and start dropping the looters at will.
    Either that, or allow the property owners to defend their property.
    This is inexcusable behavior and the participants deserve no ...[text shortened]... ashing out at.
    How do you ever repair the damages they have had imposed on them by the masses?
    the protest died a long time ago, what was left was thieves, thugs and petty thief opportunists taking advantage of the weak police stance on the whole thing.

in n.i. there's riot with the police often but it never turns into the looting bs that happened in england, simply because as soon as it starts they get the water cannons, plastic bullets, tear gas etc. out and use them. the police in england had no plans to do any of that, they basically sat back while 10s of millions of pound worth of damage was done on their watch. i'm not saying it's all the polices fault, that's idiotic but it is a bit, they were way too soft at the beginning.
  4. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 03:02
    Tell you what. I'll take Tiger heads up against the Aussie for the next 5 years.
    Tiger was heads and shoulders better than the field, then he re-tooled his swing and
    was even better. Then he blew out a knee and went through a personal disaster that
    would have crushed most people totally. He is still trying to get right from the
    injuries.

Bu ...[text shortened]... , or whatever, it will be fun watching them
    eat their words when Tiger rises from the ashes.
    Tell you what. If todays +7 at the PGA is an indication of the future, you might want to to reconsider your blind dedication to this arrogant PED taking SOB. So many people, like yourself, consider this guy to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. When the final bell tolls (and its getting closer every day for young Eldrick!) he's still going to be playing second fiddle to The Bear, appropriately wearing the badge #2......you know, like the #2 you have the day after too many jalepenos and too many pina coladas.....
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 03:17
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Tell you what. If todays +7 at the PGA is an indication of the future, you might want to to reconsider your blind dedication to this arrogant PED taking SOB. So many people, like yourself, consider this guy to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. When the final bell tolls (and its getting closer every day for young Eldrick!) he's still going to be playin ...[text shortened]... .you know, like the #2 you have the day after too many jalepenos and too many pina coladas.....
    Funny thing about that dimwit!!! If Tiger is wearing the alltime number 2 as you suggest
    he will, then he is still better than EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE TOUR TODAY!!

Get a grip. Tiger will figure it out. He has way too much talent.
    Oh, and were you present when he took the PED's you claim he did?
    You are ignorant as hell and it is really showing here.
    Tiger was amazing at the age of 4. He was amazing as a kid.
    He was amazing as an amateur. He was amazing when he turned pro.
    He is going to be amazing again....bank on it!!
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 03:28
    Funny thing about that dimwit!!! If Tiger is wearing the alltime number 2 as you suggest
    he will, then he is still better than EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE TOUR TODAY!!

Get a grip. Tiger will figure it out. He has way too much talent.
    Oh, and were you present when he took the PED's you claim he did?
    You are ignorant as hell and it is really showing ...[text shortened]... an amateur. He was amazing when he turned pro.
    He is going to be amazing again....bank on it!!
    Sorry, I guess you are right.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 14:56
    To use your line of reasoning...the riots in London are the fault of the police.
    So, it was the police who did all the pillaging and house-burning? No, it wasn't. True, they should have stopped the criminals earlier - but they themselves did not commit the crimes.
    Tiger Woods did commit adultery. He did not merely allow adultery to happen, he himself is the guilty party.

Richard
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 15:44
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    So, it was the police who did all the pillaging and house-burning? No, it wasn't. True, they should have stopped the criminals earlier - but they themselves did not commit the crimes.
    Tiger Woods did commit adultery. He did not merely allow adultery to happen, he himself is the guilty party.

Richard
    Are you dim? Read what the post said.

First of all, if you want to sanctimoniously declare that all adulterers are scum,
    you might be shocked at just how much scum you idolize or socialize with.

I am so sick of haters who look for a reason to dislike someone or to belittle
    their accomplishments.

It is the same BS that keeps Pete Rose out of the HOF. It is the same BS that will
    keep a bunch of suspected PED users out as well.

Funny how the Baseball writers and public are agast at baseball players and their
    reported use of PED's, while the NFL has employed them for years and have
    enshrined many of the users into the HOF.

You slice it any way you want to, and what Tiger Woods has done has never been
    accomplished before....even by Jack. And for the record, Jack Nicklaus is my
    favorite player of all time. But Tiger has done things faster, against better
    competition than Jack faced. I have no idea if Jack ever strayed from Barbara,
    nor do I care.

And how the hell does one "allow" adultery to happen without being "the guilty
    party"?

You are a rocket scientist, no doubt.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 11:07
    Are you dim? Read what the post said.

First of all, if you want to sanctimoniously declare that all adulterers are scum,
    I did not do so. I have not used that word in any of my posts in this thread. All I wrote is that Tiger Woods' marital problems are Tiger Woods's own fault, and he knows it.
    As for his golfing qualities being superior to those of any other golfer in history, I'm not even going there. It's a fruitless debate, much like asking who was the greatest chess genius ever. I intentionally did not express any opinion on that.

Are you dim? You might want to read what my posts said.

Richard
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 13:38
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I did not do so. I have not used that word in any of my posts in this thread. All I wrote is that Tiger Woods' marital problems are Tiger Woods's own fault, and he knows it.
    As for his golfing qualities being superior to those of any other golfer in history, I'm not even going there. It's a fruitless debate, much like asking who was the greatest chess ...[text shortened]... on that.

Are you dim? You might want to read what my posts said.

Richard
    When you quote a previous post and the provide your response, it is generally
    considered that you are, in fact, responding to that post.

If you are just putting your own independent thought, don't attach it to a previous post.
    It will save you from looking silly.
  11. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 04:221 edit
    Will Eldrick ever win again? These young pups look fearless, kind of like Eldrick did 15 years ago. Big difference! They dont gloat after their victories, they didnt get a 100 million dollar jump start from Nike before they won anything either.....talk about taking the pressure away! Mega rich before you win!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 13:49
    Will Eldrick ever win again? These young pups look fearless, kind of like Eldrick did 15 years ago. Big difference! They dont gloat after their victories, they didnt get a 100 million dollar jump start from Nike before they won anything either.....talk about taking the pressure away! Mega rich before you win!
    The reason none of the "young pups" got that much money to start??
    They were not as good....period!!!
    Tiger is a phenomenon like no other before him, including Jack.
    Jack was a great, great player. So was Arnie. So was Hogan and Byron Nelson.
    But, NONE of them did what Tiger did in the short span of time.
    Tiger changed the game of golf, plain and simple.
    Nike saw this greatness in him and smartly jumped on board to make a tom of money.
    They have never regretted their decision either.

Another thing you don't see now.....none of these "young pups" are stringing victories together. The ascent to the top is much easier than being able to maintain it.
    Look at the #1 ranking since Tiger has been displaced. No one has held the #1 ranking
    more than a few weeks before being replaced.
    Tiger held the top spot for how many YEARS????
    Tiger will win again. He is too damn good not to. He has too much will to win.
    You can celebrate his recent fall from the throne if you like, I would just advise
    you to make your words light and digestible, because soon you will be eating them.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 21:13
    talk about taking the pressure away! Mega rich before you win!
    wouldn't that add pressure to succeed?
  14. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 03:02
    The reason none of the "young pups" got that much money to start??
    They were not as good....period!!!
    Tiger is a phenomenon like no other before him, including Jack.
    Jack was a great, great player. So was Arnie. So was Hogan and Byron Nelson.
    But, NONE of them did what Tiger did in the short span of time.
    Tiger changed the game of golf, plain and s ...[text shortened]... advise
    you to make your words light and digestible, because soon you will be eating them.
    Sorry, I guess you are right.
  15. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 03:08
    Originally posted by trev33
    wouldn't that add pressure to succeed?
    Depends on how you look at it trev. I f we lived in a society that gave you 100 mil up front, you did not deliver, and were shot for your failure, then yes, I would say there was pressure. We live in a society that does not do that however, so if he had never won a single event, he would earn 100 million (whoops, before taxes!) and live a life people like you and I can only dream of. To me, thats a removal of pressure.Makes it easier to perform. Don't have to worry where the next old mortgage payment was coming from. Just my opinion though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree