1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:292 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I am astounded by your boldness. Sure, Michael Schumacher was great but what does that have to with Tiger's ability on the golf course and how does this disprove his clear superiority over all other professional players in the field right now?

You sir are talking utter nonsense and I recommend you desist immediately or else we're gonna have to start calling you Roly Poly Sabbatini.
    Darv, shouldn't you be posting about something you know about, like that figure skating with sticks?

Read sackmunch's post - that was what I was originally referring to. He puts Tiger on some kind of pedestal, making him out to be almost godly in his achievements, which I believe is BS.

Tiger is merely a golfer with lots of talent, who is absolutely fearless, that's all. Where others with the same abilities will lay up, he will try to go over etc. In this regard I like him alot, because that's how I play any sport and this is what I want to see from the professionals. Go big or go home, and I believe many will agree that this makes sport exciting to watch.

I did say that Tiger is the best golf player in our era, no-one can dispute that.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:34
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Darv, shouldn't you be posting about something you know about, like that figure skating with sticks?

Read sackmunch's post - that was what I was originally referring to. He puts Tiger on some kind of pedestal, making him out to be almost godly in his achievements, which I believe is BS.

I did say that Tiger is the best golf player in our era, no-one can dispute that.
    Whadayamean read sackmunch's post??? Of course I read the goddamn post and furthermore I agree with everything he said!

"He's good. He's even amazing at times, but he's not a golf god like you make him out to be."

Pure heresy.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:36
    Whadayamean read sackmunch's post??? Of course I read the goddamn post and furthermore I agree with everything he said!

"He's good. He's even amazing at times, but he's not a golf god like you make him out to be."

Pure heresy.
    Bah! Too much boring baseball surely has stunted your sporting development.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:39
    Tiger is merely a golfer with lots of talent, who is absolutely fearless, that's all. Where others with the same abilities will lay up, he will try to go over etc. In this regard I like him alot, because that's how I play any sport and this is what I want to see from the professionals. Go big or go home, and I believe many will agree that this makes sport exciting to watch.
    Unbelievable. You think he has achieved all that he has because he's not afraid to "go big"? You don't think it has anything to do with the incredbile well-roundedness of his game? The fact that he is the master of his craft and of every golf shot conceived? The fact that he holds himself to incredible standards?

Let's not even begin to discuss the intangibles - what Tiger has done for the sport of Golf and how many people he has influenced with his game.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:401 edit
    By the way, Tiger just won his 14th grand slam five minutes ago.

He is now 11-0 in his career in playoff golf and, more importantly, undefeated in major championships when entering the final round with a lead. Sounds rather dominant to me.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:41
    Crowley, I love ya but stick to bowling. 😉
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:571 edit
    Unbelievable. You think he has achieved all that he has because he's not afraid to "go big"? You don't think it has anything to do with the incredbile well-roundedness of his game? The fact that he is the master of his craft and of every golf shot conceived? The fact that he holds himself to incredible standards?

Let's not even begin to discuss the in ...[text shortened]... t Tiger has done for the sport of Golf and how many people he has influenced with his game.
    Exactly.
    These top guys have all the shots - I've seen them all make amazing shots. Tiger is merely fearless and will always 'go for it'. That's his X-factor.

Look, we'll just agree to disagree, eh? I've had enough 'sport fights' in these forums to know where they lead.
    A dark abyss of misunderstanding and statistics. Ugh.
  8. Porthmadog
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 22:26
    By the way, Tiger just won his 14th grand slam five minutes ago.

He is now 11-0 in his career in playoff golf and, more importantly, undefeated in major championships when entering the final round with a lead. Sounds rather dominant to me.
    Actualy he has won his 14th major, not his 14th grand slam! 😛
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 03:00
    ...Tiger is merely a golfer with lots of talent...
    oh no you didnt
  10. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 12:57

Tiger is merely a golfer with lots of talent, who is absolutely f ...[text shortened]... watch.

The reason why Tiger will take a shot where many other golfers "of the same ability" lay up is because he can make the shot. Surely someone of the same ability would also take that shot. Unless of course, they are not of the same ability.

And I think Tiger dominates Golf, just like Schumacher dominated F1. He will not, cannot, win every tournament, but whenever he plays, he is the man to beat. Period.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:11
    Originally posted by knightwest
    Surely someone of the same ability would also take that shot. Unless of course, they are not of the same ability.
    Bull. The top 20 golfer, at least, have the same range and shot execution that Tiger has. He has the guts to go for it, he seems fearless.

Maybe because he gets paid so much, whether he wins or not... Hmm, interesting. Maybe his sponsorships have made him an even better golfer than he already was?
  12. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 08:56
    Bull. The top 20 golfer, at least, have the same range and shot execution that Tiger has. He has the guts to go for it, he seems fearless.

Maybe because he gets paid so much, whether he wins or not... Hmm, interesting. Maybe his sponsorships have made him an even better golfer than he already was?
    No no no no, Rubbish......... There's not another golfer in the world at the moment that has the same range of shots that Tiger has..... He is without question in a different league to the rest......... But, I don't know if anyone has heard Goosen's comments on his supposed knee pain? I'd lost the will to live after 5 days of listening to Tiger's bleating and grimacing after every bad shot he played.... and as the Goose quite cleverley put it, when he went down on his knees after holing a big putt, all of a sudden the pain and soreness had gone!!!!!!!!
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 15:49
    Originally posted by dicky
    No no no no, Rubbish......... There's not another golfer in the world at the moment that has the same range of shots that Tiger has..... He is without question in a different league to the rest......... But, I don't know if anyone has heard Goosen's comments on his supposed knee pain? I'd lost the will to live after 5 days of listening to Tiger's bleating and ...[text shortened]... n his knees after holing a big putt, all of a sudden the pain and soreness had gone!!!!!!!!
    Retief Goosen should know his role and shut the hell up.

From ESPN today:

Tiger Woods has decided to have surgery on his left knee, which will end his 2008 season, according to a source close to Woods.

A report on the Golf Channel, citing unnamed sources, said Woods would have surgery on his ACL.

The Golf Channel and Associated Press reported that Woods suffered a small stress fracture in his left leg about two weeks before the U.S. Open.

The AP reported that Woods is expect to discuss his future on his Web site later Wednesday.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 22:48
    Originally posted by DrunkKash
    This just in: he is amazing.
    He is a phony.
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 08:50
    Originally posted by dicky
    There's not another golfer in the world at the moment that has the same range of shots that Tiger has.....
    Bull.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree