1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 18:43
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I often wonder if they practice the "grimaced face of ultimate pain" in the mirror as part of their training regimen. Maybe even some saline tears?
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 19:281 edit
    And Formula One racing. That stuff's so exciting I can barely hold back the snores.
    Yeah that NASCAR is so much more exciting. 🙄

And that spinoff from snooker called pool [which isn't played anywhere near a swimming pool btw] that the yanks play [because snooker is obviously too complicated for them] is another one. pah! 😀
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 19:37
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Yeah that NASCAR is so much more exciting. 🙄

And that spinoff from snooker called pool [which isn't played anywhere near a swimming pool btw] that the yanks play [because snooker is obviously too complicated for them] is another one. pah! 😀
    Yeah, NASCAR certainly is DUM. Pool, on the other hand, is played in the bars for money, not followed on the "telly". That's Poker! PAH!
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:291 edit
    Dear World,

Will you please submit to the United States' narcissism (and inability to understand what a "foot" is)?

Many thanks,

A Canadian
    For shame...
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 20:15
    The game is much, much more than just throwing and catching. If they renamed it "catch" or "throw the egg" as you recommend, that would be no more descriptive than the term football. To summarize the intricate sport of Football in one word is simply impossible - unless you use the word "brilliant".
    Crap ??
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 20:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Soccer players don't need pads, but having a stretcher strapped to their back would save them some time getting these babies off the field when they get 'tackled'.

Enjoy your jerry-curls and orange slices. Do the airplane, super cool knee slide, it's a GOAL!

P-
    You've obviously never seen Arsenal v Man U, or Celtic V Rangers.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 20:35
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    You've obviously never seen Arsenal v Man U, or Celtic V Rangers.
    Celtics and Rangers? I don't follow NBA either.

P-
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 21:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Celtics and Rangers? I don't follow NBA either.

P-
    Sorry, i guess it's easy to get confused when your Countries historical artifact include a twinky wrapper, and a statue built by the French.

I meant the Original Celtic and Rangers, the ones that were playing sport while you immigrants were still fighting over texas, and complaining that you couldn't whip blacks.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 21:52
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Sorry, i guess it's easy to get confused when your Countries historical artifact include a twinky wrapper, and a statue built by the French.

I meant the Original Celtic and Rangers, the ones that were playing sport while you immigrants were still fighting over texas, and complaining that you couldn't whip blacks.
    Actually, the Chicago White Sox of baseball are an older oganization then Celtic FC. Just a little FYI. The Boston Red Sox were founded only 5 years after Celtic.
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 22:34
    The game is much, much more than just throwing and catching. If they renamed it "catch" or "throw the egg" as you recommend, that would be no more descriptive than the term football.
    Plus, there is already a sport called Throw the Egg. I should know, because I invented it, and won the inaugural world championship in the late 1990s.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 12:04
    Actually, the Chicago White Sox of baseball are an older oganization then Celtic FC. Just a little FYI. The Boston Red Sox were founded only 5 years after Celtic.
    Thanx Canada, I knew we kept you around for a reason.

P-
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 13:43
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Plus, there is already a sport called Throw the Egg. I should know, because I invented it, and won the inaugural world championship in the late 1990s.
    Are you thinking of Throw the Egg or Hide the Hamster?
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 13:55
    Are you thinking of Throw the Egg or Hide the Hamster?
    You're right, I was thinking of Hide the Hamster. I usually am.
  14. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 06:212 edits
    Are you sure? Celtic first played Rangers in 1888 but were founded in 1887 I didn't think the White Sox went back that far what year was their first game?

I did find this which seems to indicate they were founded in 1893:

About. The White Sox have roots going back to 1893. They started off as the Sioux City, Iowa franchise. They moved Minnesota, then again to Chicago where they have settled since 1900. They won the World Series in 1901, 1919 and in 2005. Sox is short for 'Stockings'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree