1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 22:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I think you guys are being too hard on the cowbosos. Did you watch the games or are you just plucking out stats? Watch the differences in the Hawks from weeks 1 & 2 then look at the differences in the Cowboys from weeks 1 & 2.... Seattles O-line completely manhandled the Cowboys D-line... this wasn't a question of player ability this was superior coaching. ...[text shortened]... s, you could tell they were awed by the tenacious, physical, and overall suffocating defense.
    NO doubt the Seahawks played an excellent game, but the Cowboys also played a terrible, listless game completely unsurprising given they thought they actually had won something after beating the NYG's. Impressive O-line and d-line for Seattle. Certainly better coached than Dallas. You know Dallas is poorly coached if they don't get rid of Dez Bryant and Felix Jones and instead promote Dunbar to back up role from practice squad.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 01:45
    I think you guys are being too hard on the cowbosos. Did you watch the games or are you just plucking out stats? Watch the differences in the Hawks from weeks 1 & 2 then look at the differences in the Cowboys from weeks 1 & 2.... Seattles O-line completely manhandled the Cowboys D-line... this wasn't a question of player ability this was superior coaching. ...[text shortened]... s, you could tell they were awed by the tenacious, physical, and overall suffocating defense.
    We'll see how the Seattle defense does against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers on Monday.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 02:00
    We'll see how good they are when they play a really good team.
    The Packers should give them a test.

If you want to see some serious "D"...look at Houston.
    Baltimore is another great defense.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 11:32
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    We'll see how good they are when they play a really good team.
    The Packers should give them a test.

If you want to see some serious "D"...look at Houston.
    Baltimore is another great defense.
    Ravens looked tired and winded at the end of Eagles game. They are nowhere near as good as the Texans defense! As far as how Seahawks may perform against Packers I really think they might give the Packers fits if only because Packers have no running game of any merit. Just look at how they stopped Murray.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 12:36
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Ravens looked tired and winded at the end of Eagles game. They are nowhere near as good as the Texans defense! As far as how Seahawks may perform against Packers I really think they might give the Packers fits if only because Packers have no running game of any merit. Just look at how they stopped Murray.
    Murray is not much of a running game, to be truthful. I realize that is Dallas' running game.

A running game is Arian Foster and Ben Tate.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 22:04
    Murray is not much of a running game, to be truthful. I realize that is Dallas' running game.

A running game is Arian Foster and Ben Tate.
    Undoubtedly Texans are substantially more well rounded team and present no weaknesses except for QB whereby Matt Schaub may or not fully recovered although he's playing well. I was shocked Broncos are favored even by a meager 1.5 points. For now I see 49'ers are looking even better than Texans, but season too early!

Dallas' running game was smoke and mirrors as evidenced by 2nd game against what proved to be a stouter than expected defense.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 23:14
    Undoubtedly Texans are substantially more well rounded team and present no weaknesses except for QB whereby Matt Schaub may or not fully recovered although he's playing well. I was shocked Broncos are favored even by a meager 1.5 points. For now I see 49'ers are looking even better than Texans, but season too early!

Dallas' running game was smoke and mirrors as evidenced by 2nd game against what proved to be a stouter than expected defense.
    Most of the experts that I have heard think the Texans or Ravens go to the Super Bowl
    from the AFC and either SF or GB going from the NFC.

Of course, it is waaaay too early to get into final predictions, I I believe those are the
    four best teams right now.

New Orleans has imploded for the moment, the Giants have sputtered, New England
    has sputtered as well.

I am shocked Denver is favored against the Texans. Granted, they have never beaten
    Peyton Manning, but Peyton isn't the Peyton of old, and Denver is not clicking on offense.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 23:32
    Most of the experts that I have heard think the Texans or Ravens go to the Super Bowl

Of course, it is waaaay too early to get into final predictions, I I believe those are the

has spu ...[text shortened]... ten
    Peyton Manning, but Peyton isn't the Peyton of old, and Denver is not clicking on offense.
    I see Cardinals as better than the Ravens right now because of their much better defense. Ravens allowed over 500 yards to a turnover happy offense and still lost despite having such gifts wrapped and ready. Certainly not the Ravens of old.

Indeed too early for any kind of prediction. Many of the sputtering teams have excellent coaching and the NYG's showed some life and spunk. Look at how much better Martellus Bennet is playing under Coughlin. He may yet get the thing turned around!

Seattle is looking rather stout on defense and Chargers are fast out of the gate unlike other years.

I picked Texans to beat Denver and their awesome defense should give Manning fits!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 23:54

has spu ...[text shortened]... ten
    Denver's played pretty well against two teams expected to make the playoffs. The Texans have looked great but against two weak teams (though Miami might be better than expected). Denver's always been tough at home. A small spread is to be expected.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 03:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Denver's played pretty well against two teams expected to make the playoffs. The Texans have looked great but against two weak teams (though Miami might be better than expected). Denver's always been tough at home. A small spread is to be expected.
    Perhaps you're right. We'll learn on Sunday. Denver does have a very decent D as well so we'll see, although I think Manning was rattled.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 14:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Texans are favored by 2, which is closer to reality.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 16:25
    Texans are favored by 2, which is closer to reality.
    I agree that's a more convincing line since Broncos should be a clear home dog.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 19:49
    Romo is my QB for the new fantasy season... that's a bottom 4 finish 🙁
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:40
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Romo is my QB for the new fantasy season... that's a bottom 4 finish 🙁
    Not really. Fantasy points are based on numbers and Romo always puts up gawdy numbers. He can't win the big games, but still has a pretty high QB rating.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 22:02
    Not really. Fantasy points are based on numbers and Romo always puts up gawdy numbers. He can't win the big games, but still has a pretty high QB rating.
    Quality performance today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree