1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 00:51
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Quality performance today.
    Are you serious?? He threw no TD's threw one pick, and had a QB rating of 75.
    The only redemption was 283 yards passing.

Dallas looked terrible today. If they had been playing a really good team, they would have lost.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:58
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

Dallas looked terrible today. If they had been playing a really good team, they would have lost.
    Sarcasm meet SC... SC meet sarcasm 😛
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 11:51
    Sarcasm meet SC... SC meet sarcasm 😛
    Romo not up to his usual gaudy numbers, but indeed not a terrible performance!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 12:43
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Romo not up to his usual gaudy numbers, but indeed not a terrible performance!
    Did you watch the same game I did???
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 19:191 edit

??? A QBR of 50 is average... he scored 25 points above that and you are calling a terrible performance?

EDIT: Seahawks up to 13th in the power ranking with the first loss coming againts the Cards whom are ranked 7th.... still think the hawks can't handle GB at home?
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 20:54
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    ??? A QBR of 50 is average... he scored 25 points above that and you are calling a terrible performance?

EDIT: Seahawks up to 13th in the power ranking with the first loss coming againts the Cards whom are ranked 7th.... still think the hawks can't handle GB at home?
    I am picking GB to cover the spread against Seattle.
    Does that answer your question.

I watched the game and Romo was the beneficiary of several passing yards after
    the catch, and it was not indicative of a great game. Dallas escaped.

If you want to see a good day, Matt Schaub had one.
    Hell, Peyton Manning's day was better than Romo's in a losing effort.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:14

Not sure where you got the idea a QB rating of 75 was "average"; looking at the QB ratings 75.1 (which is what Romo had yesterday) would rank 27th out of 32 QBs. The average seems to be in the high 80's; 16th is Carson Palmer at 89.3 and 17th is Phillip Rivers at 86.5.http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

I don't think Romo was "terrible" yesterday, however. Dallas couldn't run at all (only 38 yards on 23 carries) and thus Tampa Bay could and did pressure him all day. He wasn't great and the first quarter INT was a bad one but other than that he played OK and Dallas got the win.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Not sure where you got the idea a QB rating of 75 was "average"; looking at the QB ratings 75.1 (which is what Romo had yesterday) would rank 27th out of 32 QBs. The average seems to be in the high 80's; 16th is Carson Palmer at 89.3 and 17th is Phillip Rivers at 86.5.http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/201 first quarter INT was a bad one but other than that he played OK and Dallas got the win.
    Those are all starting QBs... the Total QBR is designed so that an average QB starting a game would score 50... 75 then is definitely not terrible and the fact that it didn't rank last by a large margin shows that he is a Starting QB who underperformed which will happen a few games out of every season for most QBs.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:241 edit
    I am picking GB to cover the spread against Seattle.
    Does that answer your question.

I watched the game and Romo was the beneficiary of several passing yards after
    the catch, and it was not indicative of a great game. Dallas escaped.

If you want to see a good day, Matt Schaub had one.
    Hell, Peyton Manning's day was better than Romo's in a losing effort.
    The Texans won't win the superbowl this year... NEXT! get out of here shorty... you have the least new school sports knowledge in this whole forum you old fart. Go crank your model T up and cruise around somewhere.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:261 edit
    The Texans won't win the superbowl this year... NEXT! get out of here shorty... you have the least new school sports knowledge in this whole forum you old fart. Go crank you're model T up and cruise around somewhere.
    Wanna bet the Texans go farther than your Seahawks???????

And by the way "sonny" Old age and treachery will beat the hell out of youth and vigor
    every day.

Statistics do not prove to be good prognosticators of final results. That is why they play
    the games.

All the "smart money" rode on San Francisco to beat Minnesota yesterday. Didn't
    happen, but it "should have".
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:281 edit
    Wanna bet the Texans go farther than your Seahawks???????
    I'll make that bet after tonights result.

Edit: The only reason the texans won't win the superbowl is because they have a way too easy schedule which doesn't bode well in a playoff matchup.

The funniest thing that could happen would be a Seahawks vs Houston matchup in the superbowl but in all seriousness I don't think either of them will make it that far.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:31
    Those are all starting QBs... the Total QBR is designed so that an average QB starting a game would score 50... 75 then is definitely not terrible and the fact that it didn't rank last by a large margin shows that he is a Starting QB who underperformed which will happen a few games out of every season for most QBs.
    Romo sucked... whatever the stats say... sucked.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:32
    Why do you need tonight's results?

You don't seem convinced.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:33
    Romo sucked... whatever the stats say... sucked.
    Only because he is expected to play so much better... if some rookie QB posted and average of 75 in his first season fans would be content.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:35

Edit: The only reason the texans won't win the superbowl is because they have a way too easy schedule which doesn't bode well in a playoff matchup.

The funniest thing that could happen would be a Seahawks vs Houston matchup in the superbowl but in all seriousness I don't think either of them will make it that far.
    Are you serious on the schedule???

Houston plays NY Jets, Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota and New England.

You call that a soft schedule?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree