1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '09 13:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As of today, Boise State has a victory over the #13 ranked team in the nation, while TCU hasn't even beaten a team with a winning record. I fail to see why TCU should be rated higher than Boise now; their future schedule is tougher, true, but for all we know they might lose a bunch of those games.
    The voters would seem to agree.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 19:55
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Try to address the point that Texas has played absolutely no one.
    You can't so you resort to the only things you are able to do
    (1) call it East Coast bias
    (2) complain about last year
    (3) make fun of others.
    You were crowing about Houston after they beat the same Texas Tech team by one point, that Texas manhandled the week before. How did they manage to become nothings? Now Houston gets throttled by a UTEP team that Texas destroyed the week before. Keep your head in the sand for all I care, but Texas is for real. Their best two running backs have barely been on the field. They had one, ONE returning receiver with more than minimal playing time under his belt. They lost half of theirs defensive front four including Brian Arachpo, but his replacement Sam Acho may be even better. The secondary is still a kiddie corp, but with a year of seasoning under their belt. They have the best defensive co-ordinator in the country.

You fault the schedulers, but those shedules are construted years in advance. Texas is not going to agree to play an away game only against a powerhouse. If they can't get a home and home agreement, then why waste the travel expense? Texas played a home and home with Ohio State. USC won't give them a home and home. The fact is, up until this year, the talent in the Big 12 has been tougher than any other conference other than the SEC.

Is that clear enough for you?
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 14:15
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You were crowing about Houston after they beat the same Texas Tech team by one point, that Texas manhandled the week before. How did they manage to become nothings? Now Houston gets throttled by a UTEP team that Texas destroyed the week before. Keep your head in the sand for all I care, but Texas is for real. Their best two running backs have barely bee ...[text shortened]... s been tougher than any other conference other than the SEC.

Very, very good points. That's why games are played. Predictions are like weather forecasts. Texas is likely more for real than Boise St. and least has to play TT, OU, and other top 25 talent. Same for Florida, LSU, Bama. The sleeper this season may be Auburn, quietly climbing in the rankings and so far destroying everything in its path. Can't wait for Auburn-Bama later this year.

I have to admit being shocked by UTEP beating Houston. I think they watched tape of the Texas game and thought it was a W just by showing up. Today's games should be great! Another OD of football day!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 14:42
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Very, very good points. That's why games are played. Predictions are like weather forecasts. Texas is likely more for real than Boise St. and least has to play TT, OU, and other top 25 talent. Same for Florida, LSU, Bama. The sleeper this season may be Auburn, quietly climbing in the rankings and so far destroying everything in its path. Can't wait for ...[text shortened]... ght it was a W just by showing up. Today's games should be great! Another OD of football day!
    "Destroying everything in their path" is a bit of an exaggeration. Auburn had to rally in the 4th to beat West Virginia at home and had a tough game last week at Tennessee. They're not a lock to win today at Arkansas and still have to play LSU and Georgia on the road and Ole Miss at home before they face Alabama. I'm guessing they'll have at least two losses by then.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 15:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You were crowing about Houston after they beat the same Texas Tech team by one point, that Texas manhandled the week before. How did they manage to become nothings? Now Houston gets throttled by a UTEP team that Texas destroyed the week before. Keep your head in the sand for all I care, but Texas is for real. Their best two running backs have barely bee ...[text shortened]... s been tougher than any other conference other than the SEC.

It is clear that Texas has not played anyone and has not learned from last years experience. Your lame excuses that Texas can't get a home and home with USC (Notre Dame can) or they rather take the cash and beat some instate girls school just proves my point: they have not played anyone and are afraid to do so. The arguement is simple: either start playing teams or don't complain when your rivals like Oklahoma actually play teams, end up with the same record and get ranked ahead.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 17:24
    So far, Auburn's getting killed by the Razorbacks.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 19:10
    "Destroying everything in their path" is a bit of an exaggeration. Auburn had to rally in the 4th to beat West Virginia at home and had a tough game last week at Tennessee. They're not a lock to win today at Arkansas and still have to play LSU and Georgia on the road and Ole Miss at home before they face Alabama. I'm guessing they'll have at least two losses by then.
    I stand corrected. My analysis indeed lame! What a lousy excuse for a contending team!
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 02:24
    Mighty Navy drops a 63 spot on Rice while throwing only 3 passes all game. I believe next week they plan to put in the Flying Wedge on every down.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 07:21
    Florida's defense looks very impressive shutting down LSU. Texas struggles with Colorado before getting 3 non-offensive TDs in the 2nd half. With Bradford back, I predict the Sooners will knock off the Longhorns who have been unimpressive so far against weak competition.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 14:222 edits
    Florida's defense looks very impressive shutting down LSU. Texas struggles with Colorado before getting 3 non-offensive TDs in the 2nd half. With Bradford back, I predict the Sooners will knock off the Longhorns who have been unimpressive so far against weak competition.
    Win anyway you can. I disagree about OU knocking off Texas. They get up for this one and OU was unimpressive against a lousy Baylor team. My prediction is Texas 28, OU 17. They wil get knocked off, just not by OU. Perhaps OSU at home in Stillwater or Kansas. Even A&M looms dangerous with their magnificent new QB.

Florida was impressive indeed as was Bama!
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Win anyway you can. I disagree about OU knocking off Texas. They get up for this one and OU was unimpressive against a lousy Baylor team. My prediction is Texas 28, OU 17. They wil get knocked off, just not by OU. Perhaps OSU at home in Stillwater or Kansas. Even A&M looms dangerous with their magnificent new QB.

Florida was impressive indeed as was Bama!
    Not exactly sure how you determined 3-2 Baylor is "lousy". Esp. compared with Texas' opponent, a 1-4 Colorado team, that had been lit up for 54 points by Toledo. And the Buffaloes led the Longhorns by 14-3 at one point and still were ahead 14-10 until midway through the 3rd. By contrast, the Sooners never trailed against the Bears.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 18:06
    Not exactly sure how you determined 3-2 Baylor is "lousy". Esp. compared with Texas' opponent, a 1-4 Colorado team, that had been lit up for 54 points by Toledo. And the Buffaloes led the Longhorns by 14-3 at one point and still were ahead 14-10 until midway through the 3rd. By contrast, the Sooners never trailed against the Bears.
    I actualy think Coolorao is much better than Baylor. Trailing mans nothing. Winning does. VT trailed Nebraska until the very end. No one would say Nebraska was better because of it or VT worse by virtue of trailing. I firmly believe you are right about Texas overall, but wrong about TX-OU. Mark my words. 28-17 TX!
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 22:30
    Boise St. will fall tonight to lowly Tulsa!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree