1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 23:33
    Originally posted by rob39
    Forget Wiggo, he's just crashed, potential broken collar bone. Race over for him
    sad, as he couldv'e made this more than a two horse race Contador or either of the schlecks ( as they will obviously decide between themselves who is in better form)
  2. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 06:28
    Its a pity Wiggens is out just before the mountain stages , and ive done my money lol
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 07:00
    I'm rootin for cadel evans then frank or andy. I don't think ac is in his 2009 form since he did the giro too this yr...go thor!
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 11:25
    Originally posted by dustycat
    I'm rootin for cadel evans then frank or andy. I don't think ac is in his 2009 form since he did the giro too this yr...go thor!
    It would be great to see Evans win - but his team just doesnt seem to have the strength of Schlecks etc. and l fear he will get isolated and shredded like 2 years ago. But!, l will be staying up late to watch.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 15:14
    Great to see Cavendish take the green with a brilliant sprint to win the stage a few minutes ago...after the disappointment for him yesterday, the best sprinter in the world is now in green, they both complement each other nicely 🙂
    Amazed that he lost his footing on the peddle with only 500 to go yet still wins, Renshaw is just a class lead out man...
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 17:27
    Originally posted by Lundos
    So another year and another Contador vs Schleck battle. Is Andy ready for the throne and is Contador too tired after the Giro? Or will it be business as usual for the Spanish cycling machine?

At least there are a few things different this year. Both Andy and Contador changed teams. Andy now rides for the new Leopold Trek team and will fight against his old ...[text shortened]... tegy give an extra edge?

And who will win the green, mountain and youth jerseys this year?
    who's tested positive so far?
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 19:20
    Originally posted by uzless
    who's tested positive so far?
    Just the one guy...Russian national champion and Olympic bronze medallist Alexandar Kolobnev, forced to retire by his team Katusha.. testing positive for a diuretic, he has the right to race on and wait for the B sample but his team gave him the heave ho....
    Remember that you'd get a ban for taking many over the counter preparations, so the tour and UCI and taking no shyte !!
  8. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 23:07
    Great year for the Belgians so far. Gilbert in the opening stage and today Vanendert in probably the toughest mountain stage of this tour. Of course we all know he'd never have been allowed to drive off like that if he was anywhere near the top of the standings, but still a very strong performance, could he even bring the climbers jersey home to the low countries ?

Too bad Van den Broeck went down in one of the early crashes so we've got no chance for a top-5 finish, but we can't complain.
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 16:32
    FANTASTIC race to the Alpe D'Huez today, it killed me just watching the finish at the summit of the Col du Galibier..the gutsy Voeckler lost his jersey but Rolland made up for it pinching the victory from Contador, Contador was brilliant.. Evans, the Schlecks...too many to mention, this years Tour is the best for 20yrs, easy !! STILL waiting to hear if Cav' will be allowed to stay in tomorrow given he was 30secs outside the timelimit, then again his nearest rival Rojas was in the same group...
    Chapeau, Le Tour !!
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 02:12
    Originally posted by Lundos
    So another year and another Contador vs Schleck battle. Is Andy ready for the throne and is Contador too tired after the Giro? Or will it be business as usual for the Spanish cycling machine?

At least there are a few things different this year. Both Andy and Contador changed teams. Andy now rides for the new Leopold Trek team and will fight against his old ...[text shortened]... tegy give an extra edge?

And who will win the green, mountain and youth jerseys this year?
    As long as has nothing to do with Lance Armstrong, I'm a happy camper.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 16:44
    Cadel !!
  12. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 10:39
    Awesome tour.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree