1. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 21:57
    Assuming Lance settles this recent issue with the French anti-doping agency (AFLD). What are your thoughts about an eighth win?

If you don't believe Lance will win, which team's rider will?
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 01:13
    Originally posted by MrMartin
    Assuming Lance settles this recent issue with the French anti-doping agency (AFLD). What are your thoughts about an eighth win?

the one with newest way to beat the doping tests
  3. England
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 09:37
    Originally posted by uzless
    the one with newest way to beat the doping tests
    That'll be Armstrong then.
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by Caba
    That'll be Armstrong then.
    Cr*p about the doping. I am sick and tired of innuendoes. I haven't a clue about who will win but it won't be Armstrong. He's too old.
  5. England
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Cr*p about the doping. I am sick and tired of innuendoes. I haven't a clue about who will win but it won't be Armstrong. He's too old.
    It wasn't an innuendo. I was making a statement that he's (in my belief) a cheat.
    And no he won't win. Probably won't even be allowed to race.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 01:25
    little likelyhood that Lance will win an 8th tour..too old,still healing from broken collarbone and the 3 yrs absence from cycling too long...Alberto Contrador with powerful team Astana is the most likely to win.
  7. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 01:55
    if armstrong wasn't tested to be clean as often as he is then speculation against him wouldn't sound so ridiculous.
  8. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 03:51
    Originally posted by dustycat
    little likelyhood that Lance will win an 8th tour..too old,still healing from broken collarbone and the 3 yrs absence from cycling too long...Alberto Contrador with powerful team Astana is the most likely to win.
    when I die and come back I want to be cantador - dude is by far the best climber i've ever seen. I mean the acceleration at 15% + is freakin amazin. later.
  9. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 07:54
    i like to watch the tour de france when they get in the mountains.
    anyone know if there will be a rabobank team?
  10. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 15:19
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    i like to watch the tour de france when they get in the mountains.
    anyone know if there will be a rabobank team?
    Oh yeah! As you may or may not know Rabbobank almost won the Tour a couple of years ago with Michael Rasmussen, but we don't talk about that now. They might not win the yellow jersey, but they've got a very strong team. Denis Menchov got third at the Tour and fifth at the Giro in 08'. Oscar Freire still wins grand tour sprints for fun, Juan Antonio Flecha (who had a good result in the recent paris-roubaix) is one of the best flanders/roubaix riders in the world and Robert Gesink is almost ready to make the leap from spindly minor stage race contender to spindly major stage race contender. Nick Nuyens, second in flanders last year will also add firepower. Keep your eye on Team Columbia, Cervelo (received invite, Caisse D'epargne!! and rabbo. Of course, it will be very disappointing not to see silence lotto win a stage. This is by far the best line up for the tour this year. should be very interesting. Of course Astana is a favorite (not because of Lance but Levi/alberto.
  11. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 17:45
    Oh yeah! As you may or may not know Rabbobank almost won the Tour a couple of years ago with Michael Rasmussen, but we don't talk about that now. They might not win the yellow jersey, but they've got a very strong team. Denis Menchov got third at the Tour and fifth at the Giro in 08'. Oscar Freire still wins grand tour sprints for fun, Juan Antonio Flec ...[text shortened]... be very interesting. Of course Astana is a favorite (not because of Lance but Levi/alberto.
    can u link me to a site with those new teams and players?
    i was looking but was all 2008:/
  12. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 19:18
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    can u link me to a site with those new teams and players?
    i was looking but was all 2008:/
    I receive hard copy in mail at beginning of each season.

You may want to try cyclingnews.com

cheers
  13. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 20:41
    Oh yeah! As you may or may not know Rabbobank almost won the Tour a couple of years ago with Michael Rasmussen, but we don't talk about that now.
    Wonder why? The guy was never found guilty in anything other than lying about his whereabouts. Lots of cyclists do it. I'm not saying the guy was clean, but lots and lots of tests were made and they never caught him, and as far as I know you are innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.
  14. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 20:43

Lance wont win. He's too old and don't have the same preparation he's used to.

It'll hopefully be contest of Contador, Basso and the Schleck brothers. I say hopefully because Contador and Basso are probably too strong for the rest of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree