1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 01:50
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Every top program has its dirt. It goes hand in hand with being a winning coach. If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying hard enough.

The older I get, the more I believe this is true. I'd rather play it right than go dirty.
    To win in a corrupt system one must do as the Romans do. Its kinda like politics in that way. Try winning the Presidency and be of good moral character.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 01:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    To win in a corrupt system one must do as the Romans do. Its kinda like politics in that way. Try winning the Presidency and be of good moral character.
    You CAN win the presidency being of good moral character you just have to appear otherwise. So maybe if you appear like you are cheating in the NCAA you can win without really doing so. 😛
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 03:17
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You CAN win the presidency being of good moral character you just have to appear otherwise. So maybe if you appear like you are cheating in the NCAA you can win without really doing so. 😛
    Yea, tell that to Auburn.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 20:02
    If you want to win the big games you've got to be shooting with bullets, not bee bees.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 01:57
    Pryor isn't going to play any more games for Ohio St. He's going to get smacked in a major way.

Like USC, Ohio St. will join the ranks of mediocrity for a period of time. Like USC, they'll be back in the thick of things in about 5 years or so.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 16:04
    Isn't it terrible how tOSU athletes get smacked while they are still in school, but USC athletes get hidden until they go pro?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 19:40
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yep, I guess they are just tooooo clever for Whodey.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 19:41
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Pryor isn't going to play any more games for Ohio St. He's going to get smacked in a major way.

Like USC, Ohio St. will join the ranks of mediocrity for a period of time. Like USC, they'll be back in the thick of things in about 5 years or so.
    Yep. Pryor's career in college is not only over, he shouldn't have much of one in the pro's either.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 20:41
    Yep. Pryor's career in college is not only over, he shouldn't have much of one in the pro's either.
    Isn't that typical of most OSU stars?

Not trying to be funny here.
    Sure there are some that have nice careers, but for every Eddie George, there are a bunch
    of Clarette's and Pryor's
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 03:06
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Isn't that typical of most OSU stars?

Not trying to be funny here.
    Sure there are some that have nice careers, but for every Eddie George, there are a bunch
    of Clarette's and Pryor's
    All I know is that Tressel appeared in a BCS bowl pretty much his entire stay at OSU and they dominated the Big Ten while at OSU and they appeared in 3 title games while at OSU and OSU had the most NFL players drafted of any program in college football.

As far as how many pan out in the NFL, pfft. Who cares if you an OSU fan. Tressel did his job and more.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 04:43
    All I know is that Tressel appeared in a BCS bowl pretty much his entire stay at OSU and they dominated the Big Ten while at OSU and they appeared in 3 title games while at OSU and OSU had the most NFL players drafted of any program in college football.

As far as how many pan out in the NFL, pfft. Who cares if you an OSU fan. Tressel did his job and more.
    It sounds like the "more" cost him his job!!
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 02:371 edit
    Well, well, it looks as if Boise State is now under investigation for both their tennis and football programs.

http://www.idahostateman.com/2011/05/02/1632708/ncaa-investigating-boise-state.html

That should eliminate future delimmas as to what to do with an undefeated Boise State. In addition, no longer will you have to place Ohio State in major BCS bowls ever year.

Is it just me, or does it seem like all the "undesirable" programs are being targeted of late?
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:33
    Well, well, it looks as if Boise State is now under investigation for both their tennis and football programs.

http://www.idahostateman.com/2011/05/02/1632708/ncaa-investigating-boise-state.html

That should eliminate future delimmas as to what to do with an undefeated Boise State. In addition, no longer will you have to place Ohio State in major BCS bo ...[text shortened]... Is it just me, or does it seem like all the "undesirable" programs are being targeted of late?
    Any team with a blue football field has got to be suspect!!

HOHIHO State makes Miami look like choir boys!!
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 20:19
    Yep, I guess they are just tooooo clever for Whodey.
    Hmm... answering posts twice now, eh? I guess you want me to answer you, eh? Well, TOO BAD. 😛
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 02:06
    I called it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636768

The whole thing with The Ohio State players being allowed to play in their BCS bowl, and Cam Newton being suspended for all of a minute and a half (ok, what was it really - 15?) is a joke. I was laughing at the stupidity of it all when Tressel said the players promised to come back next year.

The way the NCAA engages in, and handles, infractions and violations is insane and irrational. It's obvious the only principle being catered to is the one that says making piles of money is the only one that should be rigidly adhered to.

There's a word for that: Corruption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree