1. Shanghai
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:44
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage

Double edit: Wasn't Torres offsid by like, 20 yards? 😕
    he was very much onside, you cannot be offside in your own half.
  2. In your face
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 16:28
    Originally posted by deriver69
    he was very much onside, you cannot be offside in your own half.
    Aye, I looked it up later. I was not previously aware of this rule. You learn something new every day. After I looked iot up though, I didn't get chance to see the replay again so I still wasn't sure. I take it he was in his own half then...
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 17:59
    The "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll" didn't matter anyway.

Quote courtesy of Argentinian commentators.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 19:57
    An amazing night of football. Fancy Munich to pull this off tonight after all.

robbie carrobie you could be right!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 00:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    An amazing night of football. Fancy Munich to pull this off tonight after all.

robbie carrobie you could be right!
    Hats off the Carrobie for a spot on prediction! Not a great game, but eminently watchable. I favor Bayern in the final simply because of all the missing Chelsea pieces! I cannot believe a top flight team like RM could shoot PK's so very poorly!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 04:55
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Hats off the Carrobie for a spot on prediction! Not a great game, but eminently watchable. I favor Bayern in the final simply because of all the missing Chelsea pieces! I cannot believe a top flight team like RM could shoot PK's so very poorly!
    BM are missing a group of first teamers too!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 11:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    BM are missing a group of first teamers too!
    NO argument there, but look at who Chelsea are missing and compare. Plus the home field advantage goes to Bayen. Chelsea, however, have been written off before, including me, and pulled off stunning upsets!
  8. e4
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:23
    Picking up my winnings today from an armchair chump who took my £3.00
    at 20-1 that it would be a Chelsea - Bayern Munich final.

He believed in the Sky hype over Barelona and Lionel Messi ( a great player
    but not in the Maradona Class.)

Sky have to sell a product and hype these teams and players like they are
    something incredible and never been seen before. They lost millions in it
    not being a Barcelone - Real Maddrid Final.

The 'best club team' in the world were knocked out over two legs by a
    team playing the long ball game with Messi missing a penalty.

Bayern Munich should win it. It's a home game without the away leg.
    3-1 is what I'm dropping £10.00 on though would not mind one bit if Chelsea won it.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 21:28
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Picking up my winnings today from an armchair chump who took my £3.00
    at 20-1 that it would be a Chelsea - Bayern Munich final.

He believed in the Sky hype over Barelona and Lionel Messi ( a great player
    but not in the Maradona Class.)

Sky have to sell a product and hype these teams and players like they are
    something incredible and never been ...[text shortened]... ay leg.
    3-1 is what I'm dropping £10.00 on though would not mind one bit if Chelsea won it.
    Undoubtedly at this point the more "whole" team and with the definite home advantage is Bayern Munich, but Chelsea is a scrappy team with no quit in it! They have consistently proven me wrong all season long!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 07:592 edits
    Undoubtedly at this point the more "whole" team and with the definite home advantage is Bayern Munich, but Chelsea is a scrappy team with no quit in it! They have consistently proven me wrong all season long!
    Munich will be without Badstuber, Chelsea without Terry, should make for a really
    interesting game of football.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 11:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Munich will be without Badstuber, Chelsea without Terry, should make for a really
    interesting game of football.
    I am rooting for Chelsea all the way! I wish soccer had a better way than these silly yellow card suspensions. I'd love a powerplay style rule like hockey rather than hampering a team so much and ruining a player's dream of playing in a final. Or at least a review of the yellows via video to see if these were good yellows. Some are silly. Why should arguing with a ref be as bad as a bad tackle, for example?
  12. Utrecht
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:29
    I am rooting for Chelsea all the way! I wish soccer had a better way than these silly yellow card suspensions. I'd love a powerplay style rule like hockey rather than hampering a team so much and ruining a player's dream of playing in a final. Or at least a review of the yellows via video to see if these were good yellows. Some are silly. Why should arguing with a ref be as bad as a bad tackle, for example?
    The right to play the final despite the cards one took, is a 'carte blanche' to hit anything that moves in the semi's and then the final as a reward for that......no.
    Accidents with a card as a result can happen, but be a gent any given moment, tough but fair.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 12:362 edits
    I laughed at the English commentator who said of Terry's knee in the back, 'meh it was
    marginal'. Now when I watch Bruce Lee chop up some baddies with nanchucks, Ill be
    thinking, that's really marginal Mr. Lee! Get John Terry, he knows a thing or two about
    martial arts 😛
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 14:01
    Originally posted by Sake
    The right to play the final despite the cards one took, is a 'carte blanche' to hit anything that moves in the semi's and then the final as a reward for that......no.
    Accidents with a card as a result can happen, but be a gent any given moment, tough but fair.
    I don't argue with good yellows, but yellows for arguing are absurd! Too authoritarian. I would much rather see a power play style rule than outright ejections, especially for silly stuff like being last player and committing a foul. PK and ejection seems too much!I would also love for the tip of the elbow offsides to not eb called and offense given benefit of the doubt! Offsides should be reserved for a player being fully ahead of defense just like a goal is scored only upon full ball entering goal and out of play called only when ball fully out. Football si a strange sport indeed!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 17:37
    Originally posted by Sake
    A compromise could be to disregard yellows but not straight reds. Players may be a little less worried about their first yellow in a semi-final but they still won't want to risk being sent off in a game of that importance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree