1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 17:14
    so i'm sitting watching the man utd match on the internet and it's 0-0 after 88 mins and the power goes off for the second time in the match (damn wind) by the time it comes on again and i get my computer up and running they have won 1-0 and the match is just finish.

however i was in time to see the last 4 mins of the chelsea game and had the displeasure of seeing them score in the 94th min to win 2-1 after being 0-1 down until the 88th min.

😠 that i missed the last 5 mins of the utd match
    😀 that they scored and won
    😠 that i mis(t) it
    and
    😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😞😞😞😞😞😞 for seeing chelsea score.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 23:12
    Originally posted by trev33
    so i'm sitting watching the man utd match on the internet and it's 0-0 after 88 mins and the power goes off for the second time in the match (damn wind) by the time it comes on again and i get my computer up and running they have won 1-0 and the match is just finish.

however i was in time to see the last 4 mins of the chelsea game and had the displeasure ...[text shortened]... that i mis(t) it
    and
    Lol, nice post Trev. See my one of what was happening to me at the same time.

PS: Still got a virtual tenner bet on the league with you!

😉
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 00:46

however i was in time to see the last 4 mins of the chelsea game and had the displeasure ...[text shortened]... that i mis(t) it
    and
    And they will tell you that they never nick a match in the last minutes of a game
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 10:19
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    And they will tell you that they never nick a match in the last minutes of a game
    Who?

When?

Got links?

D
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 12:57
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Who?

When?

Got links?

D
    www.absurdandandoutlandishclaims.com
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 13:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Who?

When?

Got links?

D
    Yep by Rooney Once a blue

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?threadid=0&authorname=Rooney+Once+a+Blue&dayfrom=1&monthfrom=2&yearfrom=2001&dayto=0&monthto=0&yearto=0&page=5
  7. LA
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 18:152 edits
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Yep by Rooney Once a blue

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?threadid=0&authorname=Rooney+Once+a+Blue&dayfrom=1&monthfrom=2&yearfrom=2001&dayto=0&monthto=0&yearto=0&page=5
    Yep ok, so lets look at what I said.

Consistent performances win championships.
    With consistent performances the goals arrive to win games in the first minute at times, sometimes in the last minute and sometimes they don't arrive but you still play well.

Only last week at home with 15 minutes to go when it was 11 vs 11 against Wigan you were 1-2 down and it was a fair reflection of the game. Thats not the kind of football that wins championships.

You've also done this on 2, 3 or 4 other occasions this season.

Liverpool have and are continuing to improve.
    I just don't see you going on a run of 20 games playing well and dominating each game.

Chelsea will dominate just about every game they play for the next 2 or 3 months thats what you are competing against.

I'm exactly right here.
    -Liverpool, PLAYING POORLY, getting beat
    -Opposition gets player sent off and in last 15 minutes StevieG probably turns it around on his own and the dipppers win
    - Liverpool had done that 3 or 4 times PLAYED POORLY AND STEAL A RESULT
    - LIKE I SAID, you can't continue to play patchy football all season and maintain the points
    -Look at last week, the draw at Stoke, POOR PERFORMANCE IN THE GAME by Liverpool, StevieG did his 1 man act in the last 10 minutes but the woodword stopped him

Similar miracle comebacks have happened in about 50% of Liverpools games this season and is not sustainable.
    Like I said you need to aim to win 18 from your next 20 games to have a really good chance of winning the league.
    Thats the form United, Chelsea and the old Arsenal teams could (and did) put it in.
    Liverpool are going to fall away from this but still finish not far off the pace.

- Again the point is MIRACLE COMEBACK in 50% of games not being sustainable

Liverpool are not playing consistent championship winning football but are getting the reesults with I think 4 games already won with less than 5 minutes to go.

- Here's another one, LIVERPOOL NOT PLAYING WELL and getting a late result

Liverpool have played well in the league twice from what I've seen this season against Chelsea and Manchester United.
    The rest of the games you ceretainly deserved points from them but are lucky to have so many this early in the season.
    I'm impressed you did play so well at Chelsea but I just can't see your inconsistent performances getting you 18 wins in the next 20 games.
    I'll admit I think Liverpool look like they could finishish close this season.

- Another one, LIVERPOOL NOT PLAYING WELL and getting results, NOT SUSTAINABLE

Do you get it now?

Liverpool were playing poor dire boring football and getting late late goals that get them 3 points they do not deserve. I'm consistently saying Liverpools position was false and they can't sustain it.

Manchester United however are CONSISTENTLY DOMINATING GAMES but are going through a patch where goal scoring is difficult.
    We have had about 4 late wins recently but our overall play has deserved it.
    We completely dominated the Stoke and Wigan games and got late goals.

MANCHESTER UNITEDS POSITION AT THE TOP IS NOT FALSE.
    We are playing the best football, dominating games.
    Getting some late wins.
    It helps when your manager puts on strikers to get you a late goal rather than keeping themon the bench.

Again its consistently good performance that wins the league not unsustainable last minute wins in games that send you to sleep.

Liverpool are so dire right now I can see them finishing 5th, look at the table, lol.

And Rafa is a mad man and a con man.
    Here's the content of his last 3 press conferences:-

2 weeks ago: Sir Alex is a cheat, United pressure officials to get results and only they do it

1 week ago: David Gill is using his position in the league to influence FA decisions in Uniteds favour

Now: I'm not signing a new contract, the Liverpool fans will decide who the manager is. Either I decide what player we buy or a director of football does.

Is it any wonder Liverpool are playing so poorly?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 22:36
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Now: I'm not signing a new contract, the Liverpool fans will decide who the manager is. Either I decide what player we buy or a director of football does.
    he did the same threat at Valencia and walked, don't be that surprised if he wasn't at liverpool next year but at real.

i think liverpool should do whatever it takes to keep him, the man doesn't know how to win a league. did said it himself that liverpool were the same as valencia in the respect that they needed their opponents to play badly to win the league. the most successful club in english football has to rely on the opposition playing badly to win the league.....1st, 2nd or 15th in the league you don't want your coach to say or even think that.
  9. LA
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 00:15
    he did the same threat at Valencia and walked, don't be that surprised if he wasn't at liverpool next year but at real.

i think liverpool should do whatever it takes to keep him, the man doesn't know how to win a league. did said it himself that liverpool were the same as valencia in the respect that they needed their opponents to play badly to win the le ...[text shortened]... ague.....1st, 2nd or 15th in the league you don't want your coach to say or even think that.
    I remember the famous quote when Rafa left Valencia:-
    He famously said "I asked for a table and they bought me a lampshade".

We have the same situation here, the owners are not living up to their promises:-
    - No sign of a new stadium
    - They can't afford to buy the players he wants

Rafa must be frustrated, if they had signed Barry, he would have made a difference.
    Equally though the owners must be frustrated with Rafa, I mean 20m on a 28 year old striker and he doesn't even play him.

I think he'll leave for Real Madrid in the summer, who else is there left that Madrid can go for?

Rafa has developed Liverpool into a much stronger team, he's made a lot of bad buys but also some good ones.

You'll never win the Premier Leeague though playing defensive football and that seems to be all Rafa can do.

What other manager would of dropped Keane after he seemed to get his confidence back, he's crazy.

What other manager challenging for the league, 0-0 with 20 minutes to go at Stoke does NOT bring on all his strikers.

Sir Alex has been known to play 5 strikers in the last 10 minutes to turn a draw into a victory.

I also think the owners must be furious with Rafa.
    He always seems to use the press and "the fans" to try and get what he wants, he uses the fans to try and pressure his boses in public.

You can't do that and get away with it in any business.
    Rafa works for Hicks and Gilette not the fans.
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 00:49
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I remember the famous quote when Rafa left Valencia:-
    He famously said "I asked for a table and they bought me a lampshade".

We have the same situation here, the owners are not living up to their promises:-
    - No sign of a new stadium
    - They can't afford to buy the players he wants

Rafa must be frustrated, if they had signed Barry, he woul ...[text shortened]... and get away with it in any business.
    Rafa works for Hicks and Gilette not the fans.
    Top post, best of the year so far.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree