Uzbekistan 4-0 Australia
    Brazil 2-0 Ecuador
    Congo 1-2 Uruguay
    Japan 6-0 New Zealand
    Germany vs United States
    England vs Argentina
    France vs Ivory Coast
    Mexico vs Panama
    Uzbeks impressive thus far. None of the results are terribly surprising. I hope USA at least puts up a good fight versus Germany, but I doubt they will be able to handle the Germans. England should dispatch the Argentines, France might have their hands full with an atheltic Ivory Coast. Panama should be no match for Mexico.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 02:261 edit
    Excellent quarters. Three were hugely dramatic and contested to the end although the Germany-England and Brazil-Japan started lopsided. None of the losers have anything to hang their heads about. Results: Uruguay-Uzbekistan2-0; Brazil-Japan 3-2; Germany-England 3-2; Mexico-France 2-1. Semis Thursday: Brazil-Uruguay, Germany-Mexico. If only the adults would play this way football would be way more watchable. I predict the final will be Brazil-Germany, but anything could happen. Japan showed Uruguay the blueprint for beating Brazil. Mexico has the home crowd behind it. Who knows!
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 16:36
    Brazil will beat Uruguay. I'm not sure about the other one.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 20:22
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Brazil will beat Uruguay. I'm not sure about the other one.
    brazil has to show up defensively. Uruguay is way more skilled than Japan and always seem to have Brazil's number. I think Germany will be too much for Mexico. However, gotta decide it on the pitch. On paper anyone can pick a game.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 11:43
    Semis today. Promises to be exciting. Fun to watch football without all the rolling around and usual adult antics. I am picking Uruguay and Germany to go on to the final.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 23:26
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Semis today. Promises to be exciting. Fun to watch football without all the rolling around and usual adult antics. I am picking Uruguay and Germany to go on to the final.
    One right! Uruguay crushed Brazil 3-0!!!!!!! I knew that their poor defense against Japan was a poor sign. Uruguay showed up big time!
  8. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 03:06
    Mexico 3-2 Germany. Uruguay vs Mexico will be in the final at Azteca Stadium.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 04:40
    What a game it was! Anyone's game until the last few minutes when Mexico showed they clearly wanted it more. Poor display of German sportsmanship at the end although I oculd see their beef in that not enough time was added and once it was it was not abided by. Sux to fall behind! Heroic performance by the scorer of winning goal. It will be a game which shall live long in the memories of those of us who enjoyed it! Germany clearly played as if they merely needed to show up. Brazil thought they could win it all on mystique. Really enjoyable tournament.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 11:51
    What an incredible winning goal it was. Incredible heroics by a youngster. Now if only the adult team could learn something from these youngsters. To begin with their never die attitude and their constant pressure on opponent, ball control and will to win.

Picking winner in final will be tough. Uruguay's defense is way better than Germany's, they control the ball better and it seems like playing keep away might be the best strategy against a tough Mexican side. Uruguay's players are more skilled and play a style that is better suited to beat Mexico. However, it is hard to pick against the home team. Azteca stadium will probably be full with 105K screaming partisan fans. Daunting for young kids. Yet they possess the mystique of beating giants in their home. I bet they'll talk to the old timers from "The Tragedy at Maracana" who beat Brazil for their second WC win in 1950. I'm going to have to go Uruguay.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 01:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    What an incredible winning goal it was. Incredible heroics by a youngster. Now if only the adult team could learn something from these youngsters. To begin with their never die attitude and their constant pressure on opponent, ball control and will to win.

Picking winner in final will be tough. Uruguay's defense is way better than Germany's, they con ...[text shortened]... racana" who beat Brazil for their second WC win in 1950. I'm going to have to go Uruguay.
    NO Uruguay magic left. mexico won it all in more than convincing fashion. Seldom have I seena team so thoroughly dominate another team. Congrats to Mexico for a well deserved vicotry!
  12. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 02:15
    I congratulate Mexico on a fine performance.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 21:05
    I congratulate Mexico on a fine performance.
    Mexico scored a historic victory on home ground. Well deserved, richly earned and displayed a determination and grit associated with champiions. Uruguay has nothing to hang their heads about. Simply outplayed, outdefensed, outscored and overwhelmed by a superior team. Proof is how Germany beat Brazil. Mexico beat Germany, Uruguay beat Brazil. Ergo, Mexico's team clearly the better of the four semifinalists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree