1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 00:11
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    How about Steve Bull and Clive Allan- two fantastic goal scores
    Were they under-rated?

Bully got a couple of England caps, and I have a feeling that Clive Allen did too?

Alan Woodward was definately under-rated... for those of you old enough to remember!
    πŸ˜‰
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 10:45
    Ji Sung Park, let down by poor finishing, but consistently involved in United's most dangerous moments.

If Cesc Fabrigas isn't being spoken about as a potential world player of the year, then he is underrated.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 10:46
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Andrea Pirlo
    Allesandro Nesta
    Gabriel Batistuta
    Ryan Giggs
    Lucas Neil
    You forgot the πŸ˜›

D
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 13:06
    I'd also like to add Gianfranco Zola, I know alot of people rated him, but he should have been playing for Italy every game instead of the few caps that he got. To me he is world class and a genuine guy to go with it.
  5. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 13:35
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    I'd also like to add Gianfranco Zola, I know alot of people rated him, but he should have been playing for Italy every game instead of the few caps that he got. To me he is world class and a genuine guy to go with it.
    Another good shout - Zola was a genius IMO
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If Cesc Fabrigas isn't being spoken about as a potential world player of the year, then he is underrated.
    Definitely underrated. People don't even know how to write his name.
  7. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 17:18
    Originally posted by blade68
    Were they under-rated?

Bully got a couple of England caps, and I have a feeling that Clive Allen did too?

Alan Woodward was definately under-rated... for those of you old enough to remember!
    πŸ˜‰
    i see your point... but people here ..nomenated Zola...

anyway what about John Richards? anyone remember him from his Wolves days... or am i really showing my age?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 19:17
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Another good shout - Zola was a genius IMO
    I'm really surprised you've not put Kinkladze forward????

Now that lad should've been playing for a top side... very gifted, but often overlooked when people start mentioning foreign players.
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 11:48
    Following on from the 'over-rated' thread...

Bob Hatton - going back a few years I know, as a front man used to graft his preverbials off for the team, never got any accolades for it.

Tony Adams - got over all the 'eeyore' chants, and proved to be an excellent centre-half in my opinion. Solid.

John Robertson - old Forest winger. Absolute quality, and deceptively quick when he wanted to be.
    Tony Currie

Glen Hoddle

Matt le Tissier

And with some idiots David Beckham.

Ironically Hoddle was the most incomplete yet he got the most caps.

Can you imagine Brazil picking Calton Palmer and leaving "le god" back home not even on the bench? The amount of times I watched England a goal down and never looking like scoring, or in a penalty shoot out. Le Tiss was the best penalty taker England never had and for a crap team like the saints scored 30 goals in a season from midfield.
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 11:52
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    [b]Tony Currie
    My hero.... not under-rated at all in my house!
    It's a fact that if he'd played for a more fashionable team he'd have got more than 17 caps though...
  11. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 12:06
    It's a fact that if he'd played for a more fashionable team he'd have got more than 17 caps though...
    he played for LEEDS😡
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 14:45
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    he played for LEEDS😡
    Jees, you know how to wind me up Sal!!!
  13. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 20:41
    Only 17 caps!!! It was nothing more than a crime. He lit up match after match with his skill. If he had gone abroad there would be statues all over Europe.

When I become world ruler I will hold a nuremburg style trial. Quite a few England managers are lucky that they are not still alive.

Alan Ball was another who was dropped by England when he was awesome. Rumour was that he had refused a bribe from Revie and Revie would never pick him for England.
  14. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 20:44
    Following on from the 'over-rated' thread...

Bob Hatton - going back a few years I know, as a front man used to graft his preverbials off for the team, never got any accolades for it.

Tony Adams - got over all the 'eeyore' chants, and proved to be an excellent centre-half in my opinion. Solid.

John Robertson - old Forest winger. Absolute quality, and deceptively quick when he wanted to be.
    Danny Mcgrain
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 20:52
    From a Place point of view - John Salako. 2 footed and a great crosser. Got a terrible injusty v Leeds at Selhurst and lost that extra half a yard of pace he had> he would be in the England team now as an answer to the left side. Scored his fair share of goals.

Jamie Carrager
    Rodney Marsh
    Stan Bowles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree