Mike Summerbee
    Joe Corrigan
    hmmm...I could go on and on...
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 17:37
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Can you imagine Brazil picking Calton Palmer and leaving "le god" back home not even on the bench? The amount of times I watched England a goal down and never looking like scoring, or in a penalty shoot out. Le Tiss was the best penalty taker England never had and for a crap team like the saints scored 30 goals in a season from midfield.
    Le Tissier is the most talented English player I've ever seen. He could do things Gazza could only dream of.

I remember a story from the mid-nineties when Brazil were over for a friendly. Some of their players were seen in a shop buying Le Tissier videos.
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 17:46
    Originally posted by cantspell
    From a Place point of view - John Salako. 2 footed and a great crosser. Got a terrible injusty v Leeds at Selhurst and lost that extra half a yard of pace he had> he would be in the England team now as an answer to the left side. Scored his fair share of goals.

Jamie Carrager
    Rodney Marsh
    Stan Bowles
    Naaahhhhh... you can't say Rod and Stan were under-rated... everyone's aware of the class they possessed....
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 21:05
    Originally posted by blade68
    Naaahhhhh... you can't say Rod and Stan were under-rated... everyone's aware of the class they possessed....
    Underrated by england though
  5. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 21:43
    Kevin Phillips
  6. Standard memberderbrad
    Ireland Clan Leader
    Eire
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 23:53
    Roy Keane was the best midfielder in the Prem for many years and how many times did he win player of the year???

Enough said really
  7. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 00:13
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Kevin Phillips
    Good call. I've always rated Kevin Phillips.
  8. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 03:36
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Le Tissier is the most talented English player I've ever seen. He could do things Gazza could only dream of.

I remember a story from the mid-nineties when Brazil were over for a friendly. Some of their players were seen in a shop buying Le Tissier videos.
    I used to love watching him play. Some of the goals he scored were awesome
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 10:17
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    But what really upsets me is that i think of all those identi-kit midfielders that used to fill up the whole England squad.

Palmer!!!!, Batty, Lee, etc etc Brazilians would laugh at them, "their second touch is a tackle" is how they described England's midfield.

Le god not even worth a place on the bench??????????????

England never had a plan B. Great long passing is a crime in England. Waddle, Hoddle, Beckham are only appreciated abroad.

It is the same now with McClaren. Play Serbia with 8 defenders, smart guy!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 15:06
    Were they under-rated?

Bully got a couple of England caps, and I have a feeling that Clive Allen did too?

Alan Woodward was definately under-rated... for those of you old enough to remember!
    😉
    Got to laugh at that one.............one foot woody.........a good full back always took him out of the game........nearly as good as tony fat lazy currie being underated..........
  11. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 18:13
    Originally posted by fizzz24
    Got to laugh at that one.............one foot woody.........a good full back always took him out of the game........nearly as good as tony fat lazy currie being underated..........
    Back in the seventies I read every football report every week in three different papers.

I'm no Leeds fan but I was amazed at how many man of the match awards he was given. Only Alan Ball came close for week after week rave reviews.The few times i saw him play live I realised why.
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:53
    Originally posted by fizzz24
    You're only jealous 'cos you never had anyone at Swillsborough with anywhere near the talent that TC possessed.... only one you could mention would be the Waddler, he was half decent.
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:54
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Back in the seventies I read every football report every week in three different papers.

I'm no Leeds fan but I was amazed at how many man of the match awards he was given. Only Alan Ball came close for week after week rave reviews.The few times i saw him play live I realised why.
    Don't ever EVER mention TC and L**ds in the same sentence! That's blasphemous!!!

TC was, and always will be a Blade.
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    22 May '07 22:15
    Don't ever EVER mention TC and L**ds in the same sentence! That's blasphemous!!!

TC was, and always will be a Blade.
    Here ya go.... let's start this one up again as well - before Rooney Once A Blue does!!!!
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 10:14
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    His goal when he came on as sub at the last ever game at the dell wasn't too shabby. Fitting that he scored it.

YouTube

I always thought Chris Powell was underrated. He eventually got his England call when he was at Charlton, but didn't really cut it.

Riggot is another solid defender. Just too many of them around for him to get the opportunity to make it as an England international.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree