1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 08:20
    Originally posted by barstudd
    Well your win for NZ against Iraq didnt quite happen as you were hoping for, but atleast they got something out of it in a 0-0 draw.

will need to improve over 2 games to qualify... but 😀 on the bright side Iraq are ranked 7th in Oceania/Asia Fifa rankings only slightly behind your next opp....so a nil all draw not too bad, and think yourself lucky your ...[text shortened]... ed 10th Asia/Oceania) provided they play a good away result they could be in for a good outcome?
    lol are you sure that shouldn't be "Bar Steward" 😉
    but sadly true enough the kiwis haven't really got a hope
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 08:55
    Originally posted by barstudd
    I see they may not even get the chance to play in the hard road yet if they dont get the better stats.

I see that in Europe the 9 group winners qualify automatically.
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/europe/standings/index.html

[b]Group 9 consists of five teams, one less than the other pools. When calculating the best runners-up, therefore, ...[text shortened]... he top 8 of 9 statistics....so there is still a chance they may not even take the hard road yet?
    They have a history of missing out on the next stage by goal difference regardless of european or world cup etc. 🙁
    They keep the fans hopes alive but usually they beat an unbeatable team and lose to minnows ending up on a poorer goal difference.
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 00:49
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    They have a history of missing out on the next stage by goal difference regardless of european or world cup etc. 🙁
    They keep the fans hopes alive but usually they beat an unbeatable team and lose to minnows ending up on a poorer goal difference.
    seems history just keeps repeating itself for them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree