01 Feb '09 18:32
    Federer cried.
  4. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 19:26
    I would have done!!

Interestingly Federer won more points than Nadal overall.
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:39
    That's 3 in a row for nadal. Can Federer beat this guy?
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 00:07
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Originally posted by dryhump

the last two matches between these two have been absolute epics -- incredible tennis from both sides. But both matches went 5 sets - and while Nadal won both, it's clear that they appear to be very evenly matched (on non-clay surfaces). Nadal may be better, but if they were to play 20 matches, I'd expect Federer to win at least 7 or 8 of them.

On clay, Nadal is on a totally different planet

One of Federer's main weaknesses is that until Nadal came along, Federer went a few years where he almost never had a match in a major that was even close -- so he hasn't had much experience dealing with adversity. On the other hand, it seems like Nadal always has a tough match in there somewhere - such as the one he had vs Verdasco. I think Federer is still probably the better player, but Nadal right now is a bit tougher when the pressure is on, and that's been the difference.

I believe Federer will address this - you learn the most when you lose - and it's possible that future matchups will be even better than the last two (which would mean some absurdly amazing tennis).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree