Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Jan '10 01:07
    C- I. Rodriguez
    1B- Pujols
    2b- Utley
    SS- Jeter
    3B- A-Rod*
    RF- Ichiro
    CF- Beltran
    LF- Manny Ramirez*
    DH- Bonds*

    SP- Pedro
    SP- Clemens*
    SP- Randy Johnson

    RP- Mariano

    * Roids not taken into account.
  2. Standard member Traveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    04 Jan '10 05:12
    Originally posted by sh76
    C- I. Rodriguez
    1B- Pujols
    2b- Utley
    SS- Jeter
    3B- A-Rod*
    RF- Ichiro
    CF- Beltran
    LF- Manny Ramirez*
    DH- Bonds*

    SP- Pedro
    SP- Clemens*
    SP- Randy Johnson

    RP- Mariano

    * Roids not taken into account.
    Looks like a good team to me. (you missed the asterisk next to Pudge)

    My different picks would be:

    SP Halladay (instead of Pedro)
    SP Oswalt (instead of Clemens)
    LF Bonds
    DH Guerrero
  3. 04 Jan '10 22:31 / 2 edits
    I really like your team, but for policy reasons I'd prefer a list without steriod guys. For example, lets put Chipper at 3B, put Vlad in the OF, use Helton as a DH and Johan Santana should be the ace of the four man rotation (with Randy Johnson, Halladay and Pedro)
  4. 04 Jan '10 23:05
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I really like your team, but for policy reasons I'd prefer a list without steriod guys. For example, lets put Chipper at 3B, put Vlad in the OF, use Helton as a DH and Johan Santana should be the ace of the four man rotation (with Randy Johnson, Halladay and Pedro)
    I'd also prefer a list without steroid guys. But I fear that such a list would include little more than utility infielders and journeymen. There's probably at least five steroid guys for every one we know about.
  5. 05 Jan '10 00:03
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I'd also prefer a list without steroid guys. But I fear that such a list would include little more than utility infielders and journeymen. There's probably at least five steroid guys for every one we know about.
    While it is true that we never know who is clean, we definitely have a list of players who are not. I would never include those players.
  6. 05 Jan '10 00:18
    Id put Mauer in as the catcher.
  7. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    09 Jan '10 03:37
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Id put Mauer in as the catcher.
    My first inclination was to put him in as well, but Pudge's numbers over the entire decade are better than Mauer's partial decade. If he stays healthy, i would expect him to be there for the next decade's team though.