1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 01:171 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    At least we live in the real world unlike RN and his countrymen 🙄
    We have potential to give the best in the world a good game plus the potential to lose to the worst 🙁
    Since Jack Charlton & Bingham I notice your lot don't achieve much 😉
    You give your brethren a bad name. you have no respect. Hang your head in shame.

Like this: 😞
  2. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 02:02
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    The U.S. team have discipline, strength and speed.
    Brasil don´t have.

The U.S. team have a [b]real
    head coach.
    Brasil don´t have.

Brasil has lucky.
    The U.S. team don´t have...

IÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ-HÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
    It's true, Dunga has been under such heavy criticism in Brazil, the team is doing just well enough for him to keep his job I guess.

Brazil is the team that is is most fun to watch play soccer in the world, when on form, excellent movement off the ball, switch the point of attack, and the fullbacks get involved in the attack. Kaka and Robinho are very dangerous with the ball.

Of course, talent-wise they are stronger than the US in general, but obviously the US team has sufficient technique to play with anyone - definitely the US's best team ever, Donovan, Howard, and Onyewu proving themselves to be high class players.

I wish the US played Torres at some point, he played excellently in CONCACAF qualifying. I think the US will do better with Hejduk and Bradley in the lineup.

The US will field a very different lineup in the Gold Cup, many up and coming players. Also the MLS is expanding too, good signs for American soccer.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 02:21
    Originally posted by Yuga
    It's true, Dunga has been under such heavy criticism in Brazil, the team is doing just well enough for him to keep his job I guess.

Brazil is the team that is is most fun to watch play soccer in the world, when on form, excellent movement off the ball, switch the point of attack, and the fullbacks get involved in the attack. Kaka and Robinho are very danger ...[text shortened]... p, many up and coming players. Also the MLS is expanding too, good signs for American soccer.
    Hedjuk, the older Edu, and most of all Brian Ching.

Will Freddie ever live up to his hype?

Howard played a phenomenal game today.

Bob Bradley obviously sees something in Kasey that the rest of us don't. It will be interesting to see what role he plays in the world cup.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 03:06
    Originally posted by trev33
    what the hell is that noise in the background and is this what we can expect in a year at the wc?
    That noise was made by thousands of plastic trumpets called vuvuzelas, they're "a part of South African football", and they annoy the hell out of me. There have been complaints from all over the world about vuvuzelas but FIFA won't ban them, so you can expect that noise to be at every world cup game next year. I definitely won't be going to any matches.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 03:36
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    That noise was made by thousands of plastic trumpets called vuvuzelas, they're "a part of South African football", and they annoy the hell out of me. There have been complaints from all over the world about vuvuzelas but FIFA won't ban them, so you can expect that noise to be at every world cup game next year. I definitely won't be going to any matches.
    it wasn't as bad in the final.......corporate seats i guess.

hopefully the majority of wc goer isn't from s. africa and the noise isn't to unbearable. i turned the usa/italy match off because i couldn't stand it anymore.
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 09:35
    btw how does it feel to be looking at finishing second in your qualifying group and not even making it into the playoffs? 😛
    We are used to it 🙁
    We tend to get difficult groups due to our seeding, look at the last european qualifyers Italy & France. Even you can't say we did not deserve to go through, especially as the last minute goal by Italy was from a free kick that should have gone our way not theirs :'(
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 09:37
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    You give your brethren a bad name. you have no respect. Hang your head in shame.

Like this: 😞
    What an utter cheek, how the h**l can someone from the Usa lecture anyone - utter cheek.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 10:03
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    We are used to it 🙁
    We tend to get difficult groups due to our seeding, look at the last european qualifyers Italy & France. Even you can't say we did not deserve to go through, especially as the last minute goal by Italy was from a free kick that should have gone our way not theirs :'(
    yeah they were unlucky at the euros, would've been nice to see them get through. a bit unfair the way they are doing it for the world cup with one team who finishes second not getting a playoff spot.

ireland hit gold with their group this year 🙂
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 10:58
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Soccer fans around the world are looking forward to this match between two of the best teams in the World.

Could this be a preview of the World Cup finals in 2010?
    No they weren't and they are not.

USA will never in my lifetime reach a world cup final. I guarantee it.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 11:41
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No they weren't and they are not.

USA will never in my lifetime reach a world cup final. I guarantee it.
    This is the bet I will make with you or anyone else.

USA will win a world cup before England wins another.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 12:24
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Those blerrie vuvuzelas are probably a BIG reason many South Africans have never seen a match... Including me.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 14:43
    Originally posted by Red Night
    This is the bet I will make with you or anyone else.

USA will win a world cup before England wins another.
    i agree with the other poster- the USA will never win the WC of football

Dont get to carried away with what happened here- YEA u did fantastic to reach the final but most of the worlds top countires were not here.
    No England
    No Hollad
    No Germany
    No argentina to name just 4
    how far do you reallythink the USA would have got if all the BIG teams were here taking this tournamanet seriously!
  13. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 15:58
    Originally posted by spurs73
    [b
    how far do you reallythink the USA would have got if all the BIG teams were here taking this tournamanet seriously![/b]
    Probably not anywhere, and neither would have South Africa. BUT they did play well when they had the motivation. Now they need to be more consistently passionate. The Brazilians CARED and when they upped the tempo and skill levels, the USA was left wanting.
  14. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 17:27
    i'm an american and admittedly not a huge soccer fan, but i do watch international.

it seemed to me that brazil thoroughly dominated that game yesterday. the us lead 2-0 on one fluke goal and one nice break-away individual effort, but was badly outshot, what like 20-5, and had to scramble to take that lead into the half.

brazil was controlling the tempo and attacking far more frequently, you could feel it was only a matter of time before the ball went into the net. the americans were far too defensive and passive in the second half.

rather than see this a new level of american soccer, i think the game clearly showed brazil is the far better squad. the us win over spain was a good one, but yesterday was more of the same mediocrity (with the exception of the american keeper). still, an entertaining match, though.
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 18:45
    yeah they were unlucky at the euros, would've been nice to see them get through. a bit unfair the way they are doing it for the world cup with one team who finishes second not getting a playoff spot.

ireland hit gold with their group this year 🙂
    A. My first hope is Scotland, not been there since 1978
    B. My next hope is North or Republic - made Spain & USA
    C. As long as those St. George ones don't get off the starting blocks then I would give up A & B and settle for plan C 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree