Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 25 Feb '10 23:47
    0 - 0

    Lot's of action so far, exciting game. Great goal tending by both sides - especially Canada.

    If the USA beats Canada again at hockey, what do they have left?

    Sure they have delicious maple syrup, but Vermont maple syrup is just as good.
  2. 25 Feb '10 23:56
    Canada scored

    It's still early and the US is playing well. Come on! Answer!
  3. 26 Feb '10 00:02
    Score again. Still very early but it's pretty much over. The steam is out of the US team.
  4. 26 Feb '10 00:16
    nothing like american defeatism... it's hockey two goals isn't a lot, america scores one and canada might get nervous.

    saying that... go canada
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    26 Feb '10 01:04
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    0 - 0

    Lot's of action so far, exciting game. Great goal tending by both sides - especially Canada.

    If the USA beats Canada again at hockey, what do they have left?

    Sure they have delicious maple syrup, but Vermont maple syrup is just as good.
    You're showing bias about the maple syrup.

    If not for the American Goal Tender the score would be about 6-0 right now, after two periods. She has kept them in the game, and given them a chance to have a chance to win in the 3rd.
  6. 26 Feb '10 02:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You're showing bias about the maple syrup.

    If not for the American Goal Tender the score would be about 6-0 right now, after two periods. She has kept them in the game, and given them a chance to have a chance to win in the 3rd.
    Congrats to Canada on a well deserved gold medal! USA played well, but could never solve the riddle of that great defense! Oh, and BTW Maple Syrup from Canada is not only better, but cheaper than Vermont's. I'm partial to Maine's only because I get it at a discount while camping in Maine and I know the discount outlets!
  7. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    26 Feb '10 06:59
    Q. Is there something as sweet as seeing the U.S. being defeated in sports?

    A. Russia being defeated.
  8. 26 Feb '10 22:46
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Q. Is there something as sweet as seeing the U.S. being defeated in sports?

    A. Russia being defeated.
    LOL and suedo recced

  9. 27 Feb '10 00:19
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Q. Is there something as sweet as seeing the U.S. being defeated in sports?

    A. Russia being defeated.
    at least back in the days when they were the "evil" USSR or CCCP.
  10. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Feb '10 15:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    0 - 0

    Lot's of action so far, exciting game. Great goal tending by both sides - especially Canada.

    If the USA beats Canada again at hockey, what do they have left?

    Sure they have delicious maple syrup, but Vermont maple syrup is just as good.
    In looking back, the Canadian womens team was clearly the best. I was a bit dismayed at the drinking and cigar smoking by the Canadian ladies...I thought only Americans were that arrogent.
  11. 27 Feb '10 16:02
    Originally posted by bill718
    In looking back, the Canadian womens team was clearly the best. I was a bit dismayed at the drinking and cigar smoking by the Canadian ladies...I thought only Americans were that arrogent.
    What is it with you and this thing about alleged American arrogance? Don't like it when players celebrate a gold medal? Real killjoy you are! Allez Canada! Nothing sexier than women drinking and enjoying a celebratory cigar! Simply a bunch of great players truly enjoying the moment!
  12. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Feb '10 16:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    What is it with you and this thing about alleged American arrogance? Don't like it when players celebrate a gold medal? Real killjoy you are! Allez Canada! Nothing sexier than women drinking and enjoying a celebratory cigar! Simply a bunch of great players truly enjoying the moment!
    Sorry to burst your bubble spanky, but loud, arrogent "in you face" celebrations are what Americans are known for. There is plenty of time to celebrate in the locker room. I see respect and manners are not your strong suit. (What a suprise!)
  13. 27 Feb '10 16:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Sorry to burst your bubble spanky, but loud, arrogent "in you face" celebrations are what Americans are known for. There is plenty of time to celebrate in the locker room. I see respect and manners are not your strong suit. (What a suprise!)
    Just how exactly am I being unmannerly or disrespectful? Merely a difference of opinion. What you consider in your face is simple exuberance emanating from the joy of victory. I would see it as in your face were the game not over. Canada won fair and square against a tough opponent. Celebrating in the locker after winning on home ice is simply an option no one in their right mind would do. Do you ever consider the enormous pressure release that comes after finishing a tournament you were expected to win? If that's arrogance so be it. I'd rather see a wild celebration than what you call "respect". At no moment did the Canadians behave direspectfully towards their opponent. The crowd was applauding the USA effort as did the Canadian players.

    What I'm dismayed about is that team Canada felt they needed to apologize for their actions. There's a real double standard about women behaving exuberantly after a win. No one makes a peep when men celebrate wildly! In case you wanna enjoy once more, here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toieStGHtfI