1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 23:47
    0 - 0

Lot's of action so far, exciting game. Great goal tending by both sides - especially Canada.

If the USA beats Canada again at hockey, what do they have left?

Sure they have delicious maple syrup, but Vermont maple syrup is just as good.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 23:56
    Canada scored 🙁

It's still early and the US is playing well. Come on! Answer!
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 00:02
    Score again. Still very early but it's pretty much over. The steam is out of the US team.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 00:16
    nothing like american defeatism... it's hockey two goals isn't a lot, america scores one and canada might get nervous.

saying that... go canada 😛
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 01:04
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    0 - 0

Lot's of action so far, exciting game. Great goal tending by both sides - especially Canada.

You're showing bias about the maple syrup.

If not for the American Goal Tender the score would be about 6-0 right now, after two periods. She has kept them in the game, and given them a chance to have a chance to win in the 3rd.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 02:011 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You're showing bias about the maple syrup.

If not for the American Goal Tender the score would be about 6-0 right now, after two periods. She has kept them in the game, and given them a chance to have a chance to win in the 3rd.
    Congrats to Canada on a well deserved gold medal! USA played well, but could never solve the riddle of that great defense! Oh, and BTW Maple Syrup from Canada is not only better, but cheaper than Vermont's. I'm partial to Maine's only because I get it at a discount while camping in Maine and I know the discount outlets!
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 06:59
    Q. Is there something as sweet as seeing the U.S. being defeated in sports?

A. Russia being defeated.
  8. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 22:46
    Originally posted by Seitse

LOL and suedo recced

😉
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 00:19
    Originally posted by Seitse

at least back in the days when they were the "evil" USSR or CCCP.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 15:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    0 - 0

In looking back, the Canadian womens team was clearly the best. I was a bit dismayed at the drinking and cigar smoking by the Canadian ladies...I thought only Americans were that arrogent.😏
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 16:02
    Originally posted by bill718
    In looking back, the Canadian womens team was clearly the best. I was a bit dismayed at the drinking and cigar smoking by the Canadian ladies...I thought only Americans were that arrogent.😏
    What is it with you and this thing about alleged American arrogance? Don't like it when players celebrate a gold medal? Real killjoy you are! Allez Canada! Nothing sexier than women drinking and enjoying a celebratory cigar! Simply a bunch of great players truly enjoying the moment!
  12. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    What is it with you and this thing about alleged American arrogance? Don't like it when players celebrate a gold medal? Real killjoy you are! Allez Canada! Nothing sexier than women drinking and enjoying a celebratory cigar! Simply a bunch of great players truly enjoying the moment!
    Sorry to burst your bubble spanky, but loud, arrogent "in you face" celebrations are what Americans are known for. There is plenty of time to celebrate in the locker room. I see respect and manners are not your strong suit. (What a suprise!)😏
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Sorry to burst your bubble spanky, but loud, arrogent "in you face" celebrations are what Americans are known for. There is plenty of time to celebrate in the locker room. I see respect and manners are not your strong suit. (What a suprise!)😏
    Just how exactly am I being unmannerly or disrespectful? Merely a difference of opinion. What you consider in your face is simple exuberance emanating from the joy of victory. I would see it as in your face were the game not over. Canada won fair and square against a tough opponent. Celebrating in the locker after winning on home ice is simply an option no one in their right mind would do. Do you ever consider the enormous pressure release that comes after finishing a tournament you were expected to win? If that's arrogance so be it. I'd rather see a wild celebration than what you call "respect". At no moment did the Canadians behave direspectfully towards their opponent. The crowd was applauding the USA effort as did the Canadian players.

What I'm dismayed about is that team Canada felt they needed to apologize for their actions. There's a real double standard about women behaving exuberantly after a win. No one makes a peep when men celebrate wildly! In case you wanna enjoy once more, here it is! YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree