1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    What an irritant you are. USA made many more mistakes in the game than England did. Your passing was terrible. And that is WHEN you tried to pass the ball. When you make a bad pass it goes out of play or to one of our players. The difference is if a keeper makes a mistake it loses a goal. Do you really think you know anything at all about football ?. An ir tactics. Thats the way an inferior team should play. Not very sporting but often effective.
    In the end the result is what matters. Here's England's problems: Could not resolve the riddle of an inferior squad; no cohesion; no striker; no midfield; no goalie; no nothin'! Admit it. England was saved by a goal post playing better goalie than your goalie. England, the vaunted squad, ready to take the tournament? LOL. Might not even make it through. If Slovenia, a better D than USA takes a page off the USA playbook England is in trouble. All these so called USA mistakes resulted in exactly how many England goals? zero! You know why? because Rooney had to play midfielder all night because England has no linkage between ancient and slow Carragher on D and their absent strikers. Crouch is the best you got? Can't hold a candle to Podolski or Klose. Germany showed how to take care of a team they outrank. England thought they could dial it in and USA came to play. They are lucky to have emerged with an undeserved point! Here's my wager: England has trouble advancing and if they do advance they're out in one in the knockout phase! Here's the difference between us. I know USA sucks at soccer, but it's largely because eight from our squad play EPL. Ya'll think you're good when you're not! Rooney would have trouble making any La Liga squad. Maybe second division or lower teir. England should send their players abroad to learn how to play, especially the goal keepers. However, there is good reason why they all stay in EPL. No one else wants them!

Let me add a further irritant. England's sole cup win in 1966 was a complete aberration. They are the only cup winner to never even make it back to a final. At least France did so last cup after winning it in 1998. Statistically speaking this points to a rigged 1966 win. All other cup winners are multicup winners and no one argues with results that indicate these wins are not statistical anomalies. To wit: Brazil 5 cups, Italy 4 cups, Germany 3 cups, Argentina, Uruguay, 2 cups each and Argentina made it to the 90 final. England stands alone as the non finals return appearance team. Suspicious? I'll say!
  2. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 08:17
    lol
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 08:46
    Originally posted by orion25
    lol
    Lol indeed.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 09:191 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 11:361 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Count the number of EPL players making it abroad. None, zippo, niente. If they're so darn good how come they can't even find a keeper? Where's the equivalent of Buffon from EPL? Or Casillas? Although Howard plays in Everton he learned goalkeeping before playing EPL. Where's the next Gordon Banks? Maybe EPL was good in 66 and might still be OK at the club level, but only with the injection of fresh SPanish or Portuguese blood. Where's the one pure all UK EPL team? Admit it. Rooney sucks. England midfield sucks. Carragher is a dinosaur. Could not keep up with lowly USA strikers. EPL is so great they have not produced quality players for their national team. England failed to make EuroCup08! Real quality at EPL! Champions League evidence of quality? Nah! It's the foreigners making Rooney look good. Once surrounded by pure English blood he sucks! Lampard? Where was he all game? Milner pull me because I got yellow (bellied)? Green? These are the notables. The others don't deserve mentioning. Lastly, Capello is not worth his salary. I could have made better subs than putting in crOUCH. What an idiot Capello is. My shame is he is Italian and should know better.

IN fact it seems like all the assistant coaches are Italian. For shame! Cannot even find one decent coach in England. Why I thought EPL is so great they would find a vaunted EPL coach to lead the team of the rose far into a championship! Or was it an EPL coach failing to make EuroCup08? Sad state of affairs to be outcoached by an amateur like USA's Bradley!
  6. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 13:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Count the number of EPL players making it abroad. None, zippo, niente. If they're so darn good how come they can't even find a keeper? Where's the equivalent of Buffon from EPL? Or Casillas? Although Howard plays in Everton he learned goalkeeping before playing EPL. Where's the next Gordon Banks? Maybe EPL was good in 66 and might still be OK at the clu ...[text shortened]... make EuroCup08? Sad state of affairs to be outcoached by an amateur like USA's Bradley!
    Well, all I gotto say is thanks a lot for making me laugh
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 14:32
    Well, all I gotto say is thanks a lot for making me laugh
    Glad you're beginning to see the light and find me less irritating. What you should find pruritus inducing like a fungus is indeed the sorry a... EPL. Premier? Yeah! Of a bad movie. Could be titled "The thing from the GREEN lagoon of unBUFFONery". Guess the other keepers must really, really suck bad! I looked at the game stats. Rooney did not make his first touch until 13' in and did not enter the box until 70' in. Now there's a striker! Couldn't strike a small bell with a giant clapper! These blokes need to get less busy bangin' one another's wives and girlfriends and hit the soccer blackboard. Secondly, send Carragher back to Shaun of the Dead land from whence he came and lastly, cover Green's gloves with stickum. Then, only then, might ya'll advance to next round.
  8. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 19:02
    What an irritant you are. USA made many more mistakes in the game than England did. Your passing was terrible. And that is WHEN you tried to pass the ball. When you make a bad pass it goes out of play or to one of our players. The difference is if a keeper makes a mistake it loses a goal. Do you really think you know anything at all about football ?. An ...[text shortened]... ir tactics. Thats the way an inferior team should play. Not very sporting but often effective.
    Unfortunately, tactics or strategy isn't the biggest problem with England's squad. It's the lack of talent. Only Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard can be cosidered world class. Terry is OK, and Crouch and Heskey can contribute once in a while. This isn't nearly enough to be considered a contender for the World Cup. Others are only average and have creativity problems. Wright-Phillips, for example, has some speed but 9 out of 10 times just runs into the defender's legs and loses the ball.

US can be dangerous in attack, mostly because they're not afraid to advance in numbers and are good in supporting each other. Overall, though, they lack technical skills and their defense is amateurish (but the goalies are superb). The vuvuzellas are a big disadvantage for them, since they play better when hearing the U-S-A chant.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 19:33
    Originally posted by infomast
    Unfortunately, tactics or strategy isn't the biggest problem with England's squad. It's the lack of talent. Only Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard can be cosidered world class. Terry is OK, and Crouch and Heskey can contribute once in a while. This isn't nearly enough to be considered a contender for the World Cup. Others are only average and have creativity prob ...[text shortened]... llas are a big disadvantage for them, since they play better when hearing the U-S-A chant.
    A sober analysis at last. Too bad you're not English. They are blind to their total absence of talent and cohesion. They also better check the voodoo practices of other UK countries. Betcha they've got English player dolls stuck with needles. More seriously, you do point out England's obvious flaws!
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:47
    A sober analysis at last. Too bad you're not English. They are blind to their total absence of talent and cohesion. They also better check the voodoo practices of other UK countries. Betcha they've got English player dolls stuck with needles. More seriously, you do point out England's obvious flaws!
    Listen Scacchi , Its early days ,no team wants to lose the first game .
    England will progress to the knock out stage [not so sure about the USA though ] .... Its a marathon not a sprint !!! It will be Cup hello ...not coppello !!! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:26
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Listen Scacchi , Its early days ,no team wants to lose the first game .
    England will progress to the knock out stage [not so sure about the USA though ] .... Its a marathon not a sprint !!! It will be Cup hello ...not coppello !!! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    Let's just hope for your sake that you're right and I'm wrong. At least you are not entirely deluded, outside of your 5-1 prediction, like manual schmanual enginal is. However, in this marathon England looks winded already, as does Italy. Only two teams looking good are Netherlands and Germany. Rest look like has beens or wannabes, including good ol merry England! As for cup hello, in your dreams. Lightning does not strike twice and it already did in 66!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 01:48
    Of course I'm taking it badly! Tie was an upset since USA should have won.
    The only tip I'd take from you is a Q-Tip dipped in antibiotic ointment to disinfect this thread.
    ๐Ÿ™‚ .. nah, I couldn't help you there. It would just be like the infected trying to uninfect himself with his own infections๐Ÿ˜‰
    BTW-nice tip with the Aussies. I knew they didn't have a goal in them, but I expected their defence to limit Germany to just 1 or two.
    Perhaps you should keep predicting the Aussie matches and I'll do the U.s. ones?๐Ÿ˜€
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 02:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ๐Ÿ™‚ .. nah, I couldn't help you there. It would just be like the infected trying to uninfect himself with his own infections๐Ÿ˜‰
    BTW-nice tip with the Aussies. I knew they didn't have a goal in them, but I expected their defence to limit Germany to just 1 or two.
    Perhaps you should keep predicting the Aussie matches and I'll do the U.s. ones?๐Ÿ˜€
    Now there's an idea worth considering! How about you smear yourself with Calamine lotion, stick to your eeuroweenie ways and I'll stick to mine. Your pruritus infested mind may stop itching at last and your thoughts might clear once and for all. Put the koolaid down lad. You're as good at predicting as any clod, except Green who predicted he'd stop anything USA sent his way. I believe it has now been scored an own goal. Could not stop himself I guess. Sounds like Terry!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:17
    Now there's an idea worth considering! How about you smear yourself with Calamine lotion, stick to your eeuroweenie ways and I'll stick to mine. Your pruritus infested mind may stop itching at last and your thoughts might clear once and for all. Put the koolaid down lad. You're as good at predicting as any clod, except Green who predicted he'd stop anyt ...[text shortened]... lieve it has now been scored an own goal. Could not stop himself I guess. Sounds like Terry!
    Ahhh! the smell and grunt of a true gentleman. You are indeed a complex sort sir. My hat off to you, but I'm not exactly sure what for... perhaps you could remind me?
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:21
    stick to your eeuroweenie ways and I'll stick to mine.
    If by "euroweenie ways" you mean not coming here trash-talking without end then I'm glad to be part of those ways.

But I give your fellow compatriots more credit than that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree