1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 02:19
    http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=11582

The Holding company owner of Southampton Football Club is in Administration. the club is broke and floundering.

Basically Saints need a buyer before the end of the season of it's curtains.

So:

FOR URGENT SALE

One historic football club
    New Stadium with excellent facilities and transport infrastructure
    Some good young promising players
    lost one game in the last 7 under new coach

I'll start the bidding at NZ$100

Hope the Administrators see this and ring me.

Come on rich stars and oil magnates ...grab it while you can and get us back in the Prem.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 09:34
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=11582

The Holding company owner of Southampton Football Club is in Administration. the club is broke and floundering.

Basically Saints need a buyer before the end of the season of it's curtains.

So:

FOR URGENT SALE

One historic football club
    New Stadium with excellent facilities and tr ...[text shortened]... .

Come on rich stars and oil magnates ...grab it while you can and get us back in the Prem.
    I have always liked Southampton, i remember that bobby stokes goal in the fa cup final , i was a bit gutted when lawrie mcmenemy left my team for Southampton in the 70,s but i always thought they were a good honest team who punched above their weight for many a year .
    I wonder if Mick channon and Le tissier could come up with something?
    Good luck any way🙂
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 20:50
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have always liked Southampton, i remember that bobby stokes goal in the fa cup final , i was a bit gutted when lawrie mcmenemy left my team for Southampton in the 70,s but i always thought they were a good honest team who punched above their weight for many a year .
    I wonder if Mick channon and Le tissier could come up with something?
    Good luck any way🙂
    Thats my fav saints moment.. and the final whistle..
    hee hee beating Man U 4.2 with Kevin Keagan having a brilliant overhead scissor kick rocket into the net only to be disallowed for another player off side... brilliant.
    I have know idea is those guys have the dosh to put a deal together.. i think it's ripe for over seas or a pop star....

so is your bid $120?
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 21:14
    This one was always my favourite:

October 26th, 1996: Southampton 6 (SIX!) - ManUre 3

Those mighty legends Berkovic and Ostenstad both get a brace in the same game against the 'mighty' (snigger) Manure.

Matt Le Tissier makes the Man U defence look like fools:

YouTube
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 23:28
    I blame redknap.

Why not?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 03:35
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    [b] October 26th, 1996: Southampton 6 (SIX!) - ManUre 3
    That was all down to the Jerseys and nothing to do with football 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 09:12
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    This one was always my favourite:

October 26th, 1996: Southampton 6 (SIX!) - ManUre 3

Those mighty legends Berkovic and Ostenstad both get a brace in the same game against the 'mighty' (snigger) Manure.

Matt Le Tissier makes the Man U defence look like fools:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1IF3zImlY
    I still have that game on a worn out vhs.. brilliant.

I hope all of you south coasters get to St Mary's in a couple of hours to fill that ground and show the admin guys that this club deserves to be saved.

Be in that number!!!!! Come on Saints.

I wonder what the book value of the club is and how much it's really could be bought for? If someone had a bit to spare and could afford a couple of really good players too.. this bargain club could go place's.
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 06:19
    SOS SOS Save our Saints.

The loss to Charlton at the bottom must surely mean curtains for the club... what a nightmare.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 13:21
    SOS SOS Save our Saints.

The loss to Charlton at the bottom must surely mean curtains for the club... what a nightmare.
    I bet my last pound some one will step in and save them, i dislike Keagan as a man but he has the dosh and contacts ,and who knows ,good luck ,!!!. Iam 48 yrs old and have some fond memories of sfc and it wouldnt be the same with out them in the league....
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 19:261 edit
    I bet my last pound some one will step in and save them, i dislike Keagan as a man but he has the dosh and contacts ,and who knows ,good luck ,!!!. Iam 48 yrs old and have some fond memories of sfc and it wouldnt be the same with out them in the league....
    I'm 51 Phil so share many of those memories of the Dell Mick Channon, Ron Davies days. Used to have a Saturday job at Heaths grocers in Portswood.. the team used to come and buy vege after the game Eric Martin and later Peter Osgood. .. always cheerful nice blokes.. down to earth.

I see there have been 19 enquiries and two serious bids. I hadn;t heard about Keagan. He would get us back up.. no point in investing if he thought he could get them up. He would want full control ?

PS Edit... I've been in NZ since I was 16 but the thought of the club going out of the champs and going bust hurts to the core of my Southampton heart more so than if the All Blacks couldn't qualify for the World Cup.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 21:17
    Only been to the Dell (which is now a housing estate!) once, and fortunately got to see Matt The Tissier in his prime. I remember he was just about to take a free kick about 40 yards away from the goal. My view was side on to it and it looked a huge distance. I thought the goalie would have time for a cup of tea before having to make a save from a direct shot. But Matt smacked a belter over the wall and it crashed against the post and out before the keeper could move- couldn't believe a ball could travel so fast!
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 10:30
    I'm 51 Phil so share many of those memories of the Dell Mick Channon, Ron Davies days. Used to have a Saturday job at Heaths grocers in Portswood.. the team used to come and buy vege after the game Eric Martin and later Peter Osgood. .. always cheerful nice blokes.. down to earth.

I see there have been 19 enquiries and two serious bids. I hadn;t heard ...[text shortened]... re of my Southampton heart more so than if the All Blacks couldn't qualify for the World Cup.
    Dan ,i come from Grimsby [ i used to turn the paper up side down and then GTFC were top of the old first div 😉 ] there wre a couple of teams i used to follow in the fist div and Southampton was one of them ,i remamber we had a epic [epic to us lol] struggle in the Fa cup in the late 70,s ,drew at blundell park and drew at the dell and then got stuffed 4-0 at filbert street .
    Ron Davies ,Frank Worthington ,Shilton , Le Tisier, Channon,Osgood and not least Bobby Stokes [ i think he won a car for scoring the first goal in that final ?] You could go on and on ,all great players ,was,nt the dell the first to have flood lights ?
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 11:34
    Dan ,i come from Grimsby [ i used to turn the paper up side down and then GTFC were top of the old first div 😉 ] there wre a couple of teams i used to follow in the fist div and Southampton was one of them ,i remamber we had a epic [epic to us lol] struggle in the Fa cup in the late 70,s ,drew at blundell park and drew at the dell and then got stuffed 4-0 ...[text shortened]... l ?] You could go on and on ,all great players ,was,nt the dell the first to have flood lights ?
    Saints have a long heritage. I thought White Hart Lane had the first lights? I was a programme lad several times as a kid and recall being alone on the sideline one afternoon (early for an evening game) I lay flat on my back on the hallowed turf soaking up the sun and imagining the Milton Roar .. til the groundsman very nicely asked to move as he rolled the sideline. A one armed lift operator from Cunard line ( a neighbour) took me to games as my dad was always on nights.. Awesome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree