1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39591
    20 Dec '08 20:29
    Who's hyped for this one? http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8963930/Holyfield-ready-to-make-history
  2. Subscriberdivegeester
    the altruistic one
    Forked
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86657
    20 Dec '08 20:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Who's hyped for this one? http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8963930/Holyfield-ready-to-make-history
    Hope he is getting paid well 'cos he will probably lose more than a bit of ear!
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39591
    20 Dec '08 20:592 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hope he is getting paid well 'cos he will probably lose more than a bit of ear!
    $750,000 to $1 million, not bad for a guy who hasn't won a fight for years and who got whipped by Sultan Ibragimov last year.

    Despite his size, Valuev isn't really a big puncher and Holyfield always had a great chin. I don't think it's likely he'll get seriously hurt.

    EDIT: It looks like Holyfield has very little choice but to continue to fight. http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/schultz/entries/2008/06/06/difficult_times_for_evander_ho.html

    EDIT2: I see the PPV start was 3 PM EST, but I assume there's some undercards. It's not too late to order!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Dec '08 23:00
    Who watches boxing anymore?
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39591
    20 Dec '08 23:13
    Valuev wins by a majority decision! http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8970290/Valuev-beats-Holyfield-by-majority-decision

    Must have been sensational!
  6. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    18178
    20 Dec '08 23:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Valuev wins by a majority decision! http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8970290/Valuev-beats-Holyfield-by-majority-decision

    Must have been sensational!
    According to Russian press reports Valuev basically just stood in the center of the ring without doing much. Hollyfield should've won.
  7. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    84652
    31 Dec '08 02:46
    i'm a huge boxing fan, but this fight was a disgrace.

    holy should have retired about 10 years ago. it's a joke he's even fighting anymore. that said, he probably did enough to win as valuev was godawful.
Back to Top