1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Feb '11 04:14
    We descend further and further into honoring thugs and criminals as if they were heroes. This is the latest evidence of our deep cultural decline! HOw any idiot mayor pro tem feels it is right to go behind the mayor and bestow an honr on this sociopath is beyond me. Fr the record, mayor pro tem Steve Salazar did the same with Gene Simmons. It just cheapens the award so much!

    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super-bowl/local/20110207-floyd-dallas-mayor-pro-tem-caraway-erred-in-giving-michael-vick-a-key-to-the-city.ece
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    09 Feb '11 05:19
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We descend further and further into honoring thugs and criminals as if they were heroes. This is the latest evidence of our deep cultural decline! HOw any idiot mayor pro tem feels it is right to go behind the mayor and bestow an honr on this sociopath is beyond me. Fr the record, mayor pro tem Steve Salazar did the same with Gene Simmons. It just cheap ...[text shortened]... l/20110207-floyd-dallas-mayor-pro-tem-caraway-erred-in-giving-michael-vick-a-key-to-the-city.ece
    Makes you proud to be from Big D !!!!!
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    09 Feb '11 14:13
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We descend further and further into honoring thugs and criminals as if they were heroes. This is the latest evidence of our deep cultural decline! HOw any idiot mayor pro tem feels it is right to go behind the mayor and bestow an honr on this sociopath is beyond me. Fr the record, mayor pro tem Steve Salazar did the same with Gene Simmons. It just cheap ...[text shortened]... l/20110207-floyd-dallas-mayor-pro-tem-caraway-erred-in-giving-michael-vick-a-key-to-the-city.ece
    He's got the key, I hope he doesn't break into the kennel!~

    Come back player of the year also, while some other player split his pelvis in half and made a 'real comeback'.

    P-
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53362
    09 Feb '11 15:49
    The hatred of Vick is just mind boggling. He is a tremedous athlete who spent years in jail (for a crime that most people get no jail time for), he paid monetary debts that he could have discharged in bankruptcy, he lost a tremendous contract and every single advertising contract.
    Instead of being bitter, he signs on as a third string quarterback. Works his way back into the starting line up and is absolutely tremendous. He is a good teammate, has completely stayed out of trouble, he always genuinely apologized (something amazingly rare for athletes) for his previous transgressions and he does comunity work.
    What exactly could he possibly do to make you people happy?
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    09 Feb '11 16:33
    Originally posted by quackquack
    The hatred of Vick is just mind boggling. He is a tremedous athlete who spent years in jail (for a crime that most people get no jail time for), he paid monetary debts that he could have discharged in bankruptcy, he lost a tremendous contract and every single advertising contract.
    Instead of being bitter, he signs on as a third string quarterback. W ...[text shortened]... essions and he does comunity work.
    What exactly could he possibly do to make you people happy?
    Hey, i have never had a problem with Vick.
    I have spoken out on his behalf.
    I was merely prodding the Dallas Vick hater's Club.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Feb '11 17:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Makes you proud to be from Big D !!!!!
    Indeed Big D has had better days! It is completely disgusting. I already have my Dallas Ain'ts bag ready for when I go out in public. At any rate, I'm not from Detroit, but Dallas!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Feb '11 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    The hatred of Vick is just mind boggling. He is a tremedous athlete who spent years in jail (for a crime that most people get no jail time for), he paid monetary debts that he could have discharged in bankruptcy, he lost a tremendous contract and every single advertising contract.
    Instead of being bitter, he signs on as a third string quarterback. W ...[text shortened]... essions and he does comunity work.
    What exactly could he possibly do to make you people happy?
    If you think Vick is such a good guy take a look at the Dick Hunter video. Vick is about as reformed as Manson! At any rate, you confuse digust with hate. Who hates Vick? Certainly nt me. As a football player he is excellent. s a human being he is pure garbage. Making conculiosn regarding what others may or may not have paid for similar crimes is the worst non sequitur. Focus needs to be on Vick and Vick alone. How many NFL QB's do you see with body guards? A better human being would have turned down the key to the city, would never have nominated himself MVP or uirned his team's chances with tat greedy INT at the end of the Eagles-Packers game. The man is pure scum. In spite of that Jay Cutler scores #1 in a poll of most disliked QB's ahead of Vick and Roethlisberger! More evidence of the deciline in our culture! For the record, I find BIg Ben an excellent player on the field, but a disgsuting piece of garbage off the field, but he remains unindicted and unprosecuted. I am sooo glad Steelers did not win and the good guys did. PLus it ticks off shortie I was right and he was wrong!

    As for "comeback player of the year" Vick is also most undeserving. His plight was self inflicted. Other players were way more deserving since they came back from on field injuries out of their control, Rewarding a thug like Vick is unconscionable!

    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/michael_vick_named_ap_comeback_player_ej_henderson_robbed/4118358
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53362
    09 Feb '11 18:02
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    If you think Vick is such a good guy take a look at the Dick Hunter video. Vick is about as reformed as Manson! At any rate, you confuse digust with hate. Who hates Vick? Certainly nt me. As a football player he is excellent. s a human being he is pure garbage. Making conculiosn regarding what others may or may not have paid for similar crimes is the wo ...[text shortened]... rs did not win and the good guys did. PLus it ticks off shortie I was right and he was wrong!
    I never said Vick was a great guy but there are far worse guys then Vick and there aren't 90 threads about him. There is nothing that you said about him that is even remotely bad.
    Furthermore, I don't know why everything he does you seem to think is bad.
    (1) If he hires a body guard that isn't bad, in fact it as a responsible act of avoid confrontation. Perhaps he understands that people like yourself have an irrational hatred for him and some might be violent. Perhaps his body guard also gives him advice and helps him avoid questionable places and situations.
    (2) There is no reason to turn down the key to the city. If he or anyone does good work and people want to honor him, I think that is wonderful. If he appeared and made a speech thanking people that's even better -- if someone reported his good work and it encouraged others to do good work that's even better.
    (3) The argument that he is a bad person because he made a bad play is just silly.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223260
    09 Feb '11 18:27
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We descend further and further into honoring thugs and criminals as if they were heroes. This is the latest evidence of our deep cultural decline! HOw any idiot mayor pro tem feels it is right to go behind the mayor and bestow an honr on this sociopath is beyond me. Fr the record, mayor pro tem Steve Salazar did the same with Gene Simmons. It just cheap ...[text shortened]... l/20110207-floyd-dallas-mayor-pro-tem-caraway-erred-in-giving-michael-vick-a-key-to-the-city.ece
    He should only Get a key to the city if he wins the Super Bowl.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53362
    09 Feb '11 19:531 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    He should only Get a key to the city if he wins the Super Bowl.
    I agree because in the ideal world we would reward people for winning at football, not for doing good deeds. I believe that is what the "Jesus is life" next to your name stands for.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Feb '11 20:07
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I never said Vick was a great guy but there are far worse guys then Vick and there aren't 90 threads about him. There is nothing that you said about him that is even remotely bad.
    Furthermore, I don't know why everything he does you seem to think is bad.
    (1) If he hires a body guard that isn't bad, in fact it as a responsible act of avoid confrontatio ...[text shortened]... better.
    (3) The argument that he is a bad person because he made a bad play is just silly.
    There you go confusing hatred for contempt. Vick is contemptible as they come. His greedy play hurt his team and speaks of poor character. His hiring body guards is not to avoid confrontation but merely more self preservation from a selfish individual. Vick refused to acknowlegde the dog pic shown to him by his confronter. His body gaurds clearly state Vick does not care about that dog. He hired them so Vick should know what should be said given you believe he indeed hired body guards for this type of confrontation. How s it irrational to detest a dog killer? It would be irrational had Vick never done anything wrong! There is nothing irrational about wanting sociopaths removed from society. Giving them awards, keys of cities, allopwing them to self nominate MVP's is simply too much of a setting him up as a role model he should never be allowed to be. The man is a kiler, plain and simple.
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53362
    09 Feb '11 21:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    There you go confusing hatred for contempt. Vick is contemptible as they come. His greedy play hurt his team and speaks of poor character. His hiring body guards is not to avoid confrontation but merely more self preservation from a selfish individual. Vick refused to acknowlegde the dog pic shown to him by his confronter. His body gaurds clearly state ...[text shortened]... him up as a role model he should never be allowed to be. The man is a kiler, plain and simple.
    Vick killed dogs. It ain't the highlight of his resume but why is such a big deal to you? Why do you constantly want to bash Vick and not others who avoid punishment for their crimes.
    (1) It is because he killed animals? because we kill animals all the time. Some people hunt for fun (they shoot animals and leave them there -- our society does not even care enough to make it illegal). Billions and billions let others cook killed food for them in McDonalds. Some people actually eat dogs (it's food like chicken).
    (2) It is because a made animals fight. Some people watch chickens fight (Pedro Martinez and Juan Marichal were said to have attended fights -- legal in their country). Not an activity I'd be interested in but much of the world does not even beleive it should be illegal.
    (3) It is because he broke the law. Major league sports is filled with people who break laws. Some win awards after using illegal drugs (performance enhancers). Charles Oakley estimated that 80% of the NBA used marijuana an illegal drug. People commit DWIs all sexual assaults the time and come back play. The NFL has players who were drunk and killed humans (a far worse crime).
    Iverson was pardoned of a felony so he could go to Georgetown.

    I think you just have an irrational anger toward dog fightintg. Vick was punished; he served real time. Now he's back and making the most of it.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    10 Feb '11 12:53
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Vick killed dogs. It ain't the highlight of his resume but why is such a big deal to you? Why do you constantly want to bash Vick and not others who avoid punishment for their crimes.
    (1) It is because he killed animals? because we kill animals all the time. Some people hunt for fun (they shoot animals and leave them there -- our society does not eve ...[text shortened]... ghtintg. Vick was punished; he served real time. Now he's back and making the most of it.
    So I can't comment unless I go vegan? You think it's cool for some idiot mayor pro tem to usurp power and give the key to the city to a thug like Vick? Because others eat meat and hunt it's OK for Vick to torture, drown, maim, electrocute and immiserate animals, dogs in this instance. I guess he should never have been prosecuted at all. An injustice was done against the poor, poor dude! Let's start a thread about that! Let's give Vick a key to the kennel and the city!

    Bashing? Bashing is when you take an unfair issue and use it against someone. I have never made anything up about Vick nor used falsehood against the dude. I'm glad you're not a judge because you would be a real sucker for the likes of Vick. You'd be thinking, hmm, I ate a burger today, let's let Vick walk. Organized crime? No big deal! Torture? Nah I had fried chicken, too! Electrocution of dogs? Nah, I used bug spray on a roach. Why I should saint the dude, now where did I leave Pope Benedict's #?
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    53362
    10 Feb '11 13:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    So I can't comment unless I go vegan? You think it's cool for some idiot mayor pro tem to usurp power and give the key to the city to a thug like Vick? Because others eat meat and hunt it's OK for Vick to torture, drown, maim, electrocute and immiserate animals, dogs in this instance. I guess he should never have been prosecuted at all. An injustice was ...[text shortened]... pray on a roach. Why I should saint the dude, now where did I leave Pope Benedict's #?
    If you were the judge everyone justice would be swift because everyone would get the death penalty. Vick served far more time then I think was reasonable. Now you are angry he gets recognized for charity work. You are angry he was able to continue his livelihood. You are angry that people appreciate his performance.
    If everyone came out of jail as successful as Vick: (1) working harder than ever (2) more successful than ever and (3) staying out of trouble and (4) doing charity work then we could actually release every single prisoner. The reformation of Michael Vick is a great success story. Somehow you completely miss this.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66543
    10 Feb '11 20:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    So I can't comment unless I go vegan? You think it's cool for some idiot mayor pro tem to usurp power and give the key to the city to a thug like Vick? Because others eat meat and hunt it's OK for Vick to torture, drown, maim, electrocute and immiserate animals, dogs in this instance. I guess he should never have been prosecuted at all. An injustice was ...[text shortened]... pray on a roach. Why I should saint the dude, now where did I leave Pope Benedict's #?
    Careful with the Pope Benedict requests. You certainly will be hating him soon.
    Or haven't you heard? While he was a Cardinal, he was involved in a cover up of some Priest's who were pedofiles.
    It is starting to come to light now, but the Vatican is doing their best to quash it.

    Would that be on par with killing dogs?
Back to Top