1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 16:43
    Does it wreck havoc on television coverage? I think they are an annoying distraction and ruin the game as seen on the tv.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 16:47
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Does it wreck havoc on television coverage? I think they are an annoying distraction and ruin the game as seen on the tv.
    Yes.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 17:12
    Must be really terrible in the stadium. I seriously doubt I'd pay to see a football match live like that.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 17:50
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Must be really terrible in the stadium. I seriously doubt I'd pay to see a football match live like that.
    i actually think it wouldn’t be as bad in the stadium... will probably never get to find out but at least live you could join in or just try to take it in as part of the noises during a match. when watching on tv you want to be able to hear the commentary not a single pitch drown all match, i'm sure it would be easier to stomach live.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 23:541 edit
    They're a little too loud.

No, they're really dreadful.

And then:
    http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/the-giant-vuvuzela-from-hell.html
  6. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 01:58
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    They're a little too loud.

No, they're really dreadful.

And then:
    http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/the-giant-vuvuzela-from-hell.html
    I wonder if ESPN has a noise filter for the home viewers.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 10:57
    They are the only thing giving SA a chance to get out of the group stages. Foreign teams will struggle to communicate, while the SA players are used to the horrible noise.

South Africa's twelfth player...
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 18:50
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Yes. Its better to watch the games without sound. Its weird watching the game and listening to it on the radio. Kind of kills some of the joy of watching football.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 01:05
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Yes. Its better to watch the games without sound. Its weird watching the game and listening to it on the radio. Kind of kills some of the joy of watching football.
    Aye!
    just do what I do- your own commentary, which is always better if your watching it with someone else. Kinda strange for the neighbours otherwise-"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!GGOOAL!!GOAL!............ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALL!!"
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 12:44
    I can ignore it after a while since it's all at the same pitch. Not half so irritating as that brass band that plays The Great Escape theme over and over again through every England match ever.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 13:27
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I can ignore it after a while since it's all at the same pitch. Not half so irritating as that brass band that plays The Great Escape theme over and over again through every England match ever.
    Got to agree with you there . I dont know why they keep playing the great escape ? 🙄🙄🙄
  12. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 13:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Aye!
    just do what I do- your own commentary, which is always better if your watching it with someone else. Kinda strange for the neighbours otherwise-"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!GGOOAL!!GOAL!............ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALL!!"
    Are you my neighbor?
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 14:54
    What a bunch of wuss eared posters. It's white noise. Live with it. Better than the horrible Euroweenie singing. Now there's a distracting, incessant, seizure inducing noise!
  14. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 16:10
    You should see a Champions League match once - you would never return to yankees land.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 16:42
    Originally posted by orion25
    You should see a Champions League match once - you would never return to yankees land.
    Someday, lad, someday. For now the telly is alls one can do. POsters should put the set on mute if noise is too distracting!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree