1. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:50
    Don't neglect what you have never witnessed.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 13:182 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Live with it. Vuvuzelas are catching on and will wend their way to Europe and have already arrived in USA. Here you can buy them in your team colors or flag colors. Look at the travelling fans. They all have their vuvuzelas in their team colors. I for one love the things and love a noisy stadium as long as it is not that awful European singing. What are those songs anyway? Nursery rhymes, beers songs, anthems?
    Live with it. Vuvuzelas are catching on and will wend their way to Europe and have already arrived in USA.

Please NO!! Please keep that swarm of killer bees away from the USA!! -- are these things going to soon be taking over baseball games and filling basketball arenas? I promise to enjoy every last word of every last awful European song - just keep all of those horns on the eastern side of the Atlantic.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 15:53
    Vuvuzelas have been around forever. I don't remember soccer matches without these, at least in South America and Mexico. First I ever heard these was Azteca stadium in Mexico 70. No one seems to remember these from back then.
    many here were born after that😵 You can tell by their football 'knowledge' !!
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 21:131 edit
    http://www.vuvuzela.fm/

It's funny how people drone on about vuvuzelas ...

For the vuvuzealous:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/cultural-capital/2010/06/sound-world-art-listening-160
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 21:45
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Live with it. Vuvuzelas are catching on and will wend their way to Europe and have already arrived in USA.

Please NO!! Please keep that swarm of killer bees away from the USA!! -- are these things going to soon be taking over baseball games and filling basketball arenas? I promise to enjoy every last word of every last awful European song - just keep all of those horns on the eastern side of the Atlantic.
    Are you kidding? They're already here. Go to an MLS game, especially Chivas USA!
  6. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 07:10
    Live with it. Vuvuzelas are catching on and will wend their way to Europe and have already arrived in USA. Here you can buy them in your team colors or flag colors. Look at the travelling fans. They all have their vuvuzelas in their team colors. I for one love the things and love a noisy stadium as long as it is not that awful European singing. What are those songs anyway? Nursery rhymes, beers songs, anthems?
    They might catch on in the USA but then there might be reasons for that, eh? Baseball and basketball are hardly big in the UK, maybe there's an issue of cultural compatability to take into consideration. If you pulled out a vuvuzela on the terraces at my club you'd end up needing surgery to remove it.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 09:50
    Vuvuzela filter:
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gd-nIYl7-dvmYGpgwFngii1k6OTg

😲
  8. Internet
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 11:45
    I hate those horns, they make the soundscape annoying and monotonous. Of course there is the mute option but the sound coming from thousands of fans usually adds to the atmosphere.

Superb goal, outrageous red card, huge drop from the goalie or the most boring match this side of the millennium? -it all sounds like this in the WC2010 transmissions: YouTube
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 11:58
    Originally posted by Svin1
    I hate those horns, they make the soundscape annoying and monotonous. Of course there is the mute option but the sound coming from thousands of fans usually adds to the atmosphere.

Superb goal, outrageous red card, huge drop from the goalie or the most boring match this side of the millennium? -it all sounds like this in the WC2010 transmissions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2CxVxtztY
    Tender ears, eh? Prefer the awful singing? It's a simple droning noise like so many giant bees buzzing about the stands. Notice how the visitors have embraced the vuvuzelas and sport them in their national colors. I'm gonna buy one and bring it to the next baseball game I attend. Since Norway is not in the cup, who do you root for?
  10. Internet
    Moves
    16 Jun '10 12:37
    Tender ears, eh? Prefer the awful singing? It's a simple droning noise like so many giant bees buzzing about the stands. Notice how the visitors have embraced the vuvuzelas and sport them in their national colors. I'm gonna buy one and bring it to the next baseball game I attend. Since Norway is not in the cup, who do you root for?
    Yes, I prefer the [horrible] singing, hooing, booing and what have you over that awful noise. I wouldn't mind vuvuzelas at all if people only blew them when something happened. Fog-horns is an integral part of every european match and those sound very much like a vuvuzela, only nobody use them all the friggin time!

I'm Danish but you won't catch me rooting for the national team, I hope some African team takes it home 😉
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 02:47
    Originally posted by Svin1
    Yes, I prefer the [horrible] singing, hooing, booing and what have you over that awful noise. I wouldn't mind vuvuzelas at all if people only blew them when something happened. Fog-horns is an integral part of every european match and those sound very much like a vuvuzela, only nobody use them all the friggin time!

I'm Danish but you won't catch me rooting for the national team, I hope some African team takes it home 😉
    Sorry about confusing your flag. I guess you're right. The incessant manner in which it's used is unappealing. Guess you can root for whomever you like. I favor Italy although they don't look like they'll go far. Not a single African team has looked good so far. Maybe they'll straighten out. Ghana is about the only one with a decent chance and maybe CIV. Hard not to like Denmark since they played their hearts out despite loss. Luckily for Egger he's not Colombian!
  12. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    17 Jun '10 12:45
    I ordered a vuvuzela today. I plan on "playing" it at the little league game near my home.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 00:44
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I ordered a vuvuzela today. I plan on "playing" it at the little league game near my home.
    How much are they these days? Is it in your national colors? I don't mind the things as much as rest of posters.
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 12:40
    How much are they these days? Is it in your national colors? I don't mind the things as much as rest of posters.
    the telecasts have now been filtering them out - the horns are much softer now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree