Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Bulger Benched!
    What, did the Patriots film this and send you the camera!? 😠
  2. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:18
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The Patsies won't win it this year. It is a known fact that [b]cheaters never win!!![/b]
    The Patriots are not cheating.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:44
    Uh Huh, if you believe that, I got some oasis property in Alaska I'm selling. Belichek never backed down from a fight in his life over anything, but he wilted into the back room when the fines came down and never opened his mouth to fight the allegations. Dude was caught RED HANDED!!! He got busted and knew there was no way out. Spin it anyway you want to, Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady and the Colts will own the Pats....again!
    Coach BB didn't wilt; he knew that any histrionics would only distract his Patriots from the mission of preparing themselves for the season. Coach BB put the team first, which is exactly what he asks of his players. This is what makes the Patriots great.

Peyton Manning is great, but Tom Brady is great, too. Tom Brady has done more with less of a receiving corps than any QB in history. Deion Branch is a dependable WR, but he's no Marvin Harrison or T.O. or Steve Smith or Randy Moss etc. And on the other side of Branch during their Super Bowl runs was David Givens and David Patten. After leaving the Pats, Givens caught 22 passes in 2005, 1 pass in 2006, and 5 passes so far this year. Givens caught 5 passes in 2006 and none so far this year. Come on, face it. It was Tom Brady being a great quarterback that made those guys successful. Just think of what Brady could do if he had really good receivers? Well, no need to imagine it any more because with Moss and Stallworth and Welker in the lineup for the Pats, we're going to see it with our own eyes. So you can all keep your pretty boy Peyton "Face of the NFL" Manning; I'm going to take the quarterback who knows how to win when he's got nothing, when he's got his back against the wall, when he's not supposed to win, when everyone thinks he's just a "system" quarterback. I'm going to take the guy who knows how to handle pressure. I'm taking Tom Brady.
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:46
    Originally posted by Ramned
    What, did the Patriots film this and send you the camera!? 😠
    Yeah, it's true. Bulger is benched, but only because he can't keep fighting against his rib injuries and be effective. When he's healthy again, he'll be back. Gus Frerotte will be bradying the helm in the mean time.

(i refuse to use the term manning until everyone recognizes that brady is manning's equal)
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:46
    They are bound to win some week.

P-
    ... one of these years.
  6. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:47
    You remind me of the timid little field mouse flipping the finger at the hawk descending down upon his prey. But keep the faith (you're gonna need it).

Oh, six more women mysteriously turned up pregnant in the northeast. Can you verify Tom Brady's whereabouts recently?
    It's no mystery how women get pregnant. Didn't your parents ever explain this to you?
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:55
    Originally posted by uzless
    Miami will be the first team to go 0-16
    Several teams have gone winless for the season, Miami will not be the first if they do.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    😠
    I actually have a new respect for Bulger after watching him against the Cowboys. That game loss was not all his fault. He stood up time and time again after the sick beating he took on a couple sacks. That had to hurt with broken ribs, yet he popped right up and never even flinched. It is too bad what has happened to the rams. I have to hand it to them, they tried and played pretty good as beat up as they were. I just think that they shouldn't have been so vocal before the game. Not only was it humiliating, it cost them a quarterback and a game. Don't be broken hearted stand up for your team. Go Rams! They are a great team that just happens to be fighting on crutches at the moment. They might get healthy about the time everyone else is in the hospital. Don't count the Rams out just yet.
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:03
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I shall present some damming evidence. I hate to get in on this one but did you know that New England hasn't really played anyone with a winning record this year. I think it's something like a combined record of 3 wins and 9 losses against their opponents. Hardly anything to brag about. Their cheerleaders could have beat that record. Provided they some ...[text shortened]... e ball off to Tedy Bruschi and the cowboys would still score on the drive. 34-17 Cowboys Baby.
    Pats fans have heard this argument before a few years ago. 2004 season, the 5-0 pats up against the 5-0 seahawks, "The Pats got lucky so far, but now they are facing a REAL team" but of course the Pats won. But that didn't shut up the Pat-haters. The next week it was the 4-1 Jets facing the 6-0 Pats, "The Pats got lucky last week against the Seahawks but the are no match for Pennington and the Jets who are gonna finally take the AFC East again. Go Joe Namath!" and of course the Pats won, sending the Jets into a downward spiral from which the Jets have never recovered.

Look, one of the reasons that the Pats opponents don't have a very good record is because the Pats gave them one of those losses! So bring on those Cowboys. The Pats aren't scared.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:13
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Pats fans have heard this argument before a few years ago. 2004 season, the 5-0 pats up against the 5-0 seahawks, "The Pats got lucky so far, but now they are facing a REAL team" but of course the Pats won. But that didn't shut up the Pat-haters. The next week it was the 4-1 Jets facing the 6-0 Pats, "The Pats got lucky last week against the Seahawks but ...[text shortened]... he Pats gave them one of those losses! So bring on those Cowboys. The Pats aren't scared.
    What will you say if I am right?

By the way the AFC East looks pretty weak so far. That should help NE a lot.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:15
    I actually have a new respect for Bulger after watching him against the Cowboys. That game loss was not all his fault. He stood up time and time again after the sick beating he took on a couple sacks. That had to hurt with broken ribs, yet he popped right up and never even flinched. It is too bad what has happened to the rams. I have to hand it to them, ...[text shortened]... t healthy about the time everyone else is in the hospital. Don't count the Rams out just yet.
    Bulger is benched... or is he in 'the protective custody of the Silent Majority' (I.E. duct-taped to a chair in your basement)

P-
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:16
    I actually have a new respect for Bulger after watching him against the Cowboys. That game loss was not all his fault. He stood up time and time again after the sick beating he took on a couple sacks. That had to hurt with broken ribs, yet he popped right up and never even flinched. It is too bad what has happened to the rams. I have to hand it to them, ...[text shortened]... t healthy about the time everyone else is in the hospital. Don't count the Rams out just yet.
    Bulger took quite a few hits, I saw. But he showed alot of people a very important thing: He's a leader.

Yes, they did play well - the third quarter was really the only point in the game where they just...fell.

As for how vocal they were; every team should be confidently vocal before a game.

As for my confidence in the Rams, it is just as high now as ever. I realize fully that they haven't even had a chance to prove themselves due to the injury plague - they actually played carolina well until the O-Line took a double hit that game. I am very confident we WILL beat the Cardinals -> 1-4! Woo!
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:201 edit
    Bulger is benched... or is he in 'the protective custody of the Silent Majority' (I.E. duct-taped to a chair in your basement)

P-
    Read cashthetrash's post. Maybe you'll be enlightened just how dedicated Bulger is to leading St. Louis. Check out the interviews he's had and Linehan, who clearly said he has full confidence in Bulger. The ONLY reason he benched was because the coach QUOTE said he needed to rest [his ribs]. Not because he was having a bad game.

BTW I hope the Cowboys C-R-U-S-H the Pat Riots - because the Pat-Riots (Or Traitors, properly) cheated in the Ram's SB. You know it's true Phlabibit, don't bother backing up a load of cheaters.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:22

P-
    Bulgar is benched because Bulger is hurt. Just like Tom Brady might be. That is Two players Benched after a Cowboy game. But who is keeping score.
  15. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 23:231 edit
    Bulgar is benched because Bulger is hurt. Just like Tom Brady might be. That is Two players Benched after a Cowboy game. But who is keeping score.
    Brady benched! How lovely that would be! Hope the Cowboys know pressure points well. 😉

JK

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree