1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 18:17
    Originally posted by pulu2
    probably 🙂 but West Ham will win FA Cup, so there! 😉
    Nah, who knows, Jol has done a good job, and yer squad looks pretty good while West Ham is still in a bit of flux. I admit I'm worried about next season. IMO Hammers need at least three more *big* signings.
    West Ham won't win the FA Cup and Spurs won't finish in the top 4.
    .. and I'll put my money where my mouth is.
  2. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:02
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    West Ham won't win the FA Cup and Spurs won't finish in the top 4.
    .. and I'll put my money where my mouth is.
    I would have to agree, how can anyone say who is going to win a cup this early on??

There is no reason why West Ham can be as good as Tottenham are now within a year or so, or for that matter for Tottenham to be as bad a West Ham last year. It is only a few seasons ago that Tottenham were a bottom half table team and West Ham a top half. Outside the current top four their are no certainites. West Ham, Man City, Aston Villa, and Newcastle are all looking for considerable improvement with a lot of funding behind them. I think Tottenham need to worry about that competition rather than that for the Champions League.
  3. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:35
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    I would have to agree, how can anyone say who is going to win a cup this early on??

There is no reason why West Ham can be as good as Tottenham are now within a year or so, or for that matter for Tottenham to be as bad a West Ham last year. It is only a few seasons ago that Tottenham were a bottom half table team and West Ham a top half. Outside the ...[text shortened]... think Tottenham need to worry about that competition rather than that for the Champions League.
    Oh the cup, well, I just keep blowing bubbles 🙂 but about the league... Man.Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool are imo clearly above the rest but Arsenal are losing ground, Henry leaving, all that Wenger stuff.. imo the last Championsleagueplace can go to several teams. I don't think Aston Villa can improve that much, Man.City hasn't actually done anything yet, West Ham.. bit chaotic situation and I'm not that fond of Curbs, Newcastle.. dunno can Allardyce have instant effect..

my 5 cent.. at this point
    1-2 Man.Utd/Chelski
    3 Liverpool
    4-5 Arsenal/Tottenham

rest who knows...
  4. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 21:43
    i am hoping if there is any justice west ham will win nowt and will be relegated. many people will be smiling
  5. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 22:40
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    i am hoping if there is any justice west ham will win nowt and will be relegated. many people will be smiling
    aw cmon..
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 23:20
    without Tevez i reckon its going to happen
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 02:40
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    It is only a few seasons ago that Tottenham were a bottom half table team and West Ham a top half. Outside the current top four their are no certainites.
    LoL !! not sure about that mate.. a few season ago WHU got relagated from the prem league remember...?

I recocon Spurs need to push for the 3rd or 4th palace now.. or evern better! They have finished 5th twice now in two years, they need to improve next season and win something
  8. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 08:39
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    without Tevez i reckon its going to happen
    well, even without Carlito, West Ham surely has better team than e.g. Derby, Wigan, Fulham, Reading.. imo Bolton will be in trouble since the change from Big Sam to Little Sam, and what about 'Boro if they lose also Yakubu? And so on and so on..
  9. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 08:43
    Originally posted by spurs73
    LoL !! not sure about that mate.. a few season ago WHU got relagated from the prem league remember...?

I recocon Spurs need to push for the 3rd or 4th palace now.. or evern better! They have finished 5th twice now in two years, they need to improve next season and win something
    Leaguewise 4th place is highest you can hope. And hey, imo that's sad but Big Three are so far above the rest of the league. As for winning something-- well, you have as much chance as West Ham 🙂 you know, cup games are a bit of lottery.. ok, so you'll have chance at the UEFA Cup, I grant that 🙂 uhm, Bayern München anyone for winning UEFA?
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 09:05
    Spurs fans have been saying this for 20 years. You always buy a couple of players each summer, get totally carried away with it all and start thinking you'll be challenging for trophies. By October you've realised that the league's out of the question and by February you're out of the cups.

Spurs should finish 5th-8th, with a possible QF appearance. 4th is an acheivement and a cup win would be an absolute dream. However the top 3 are breaking away and it's only Arsenal's developing youngsters that will have any chance of getting amongst them.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 11:16
    well, even without Carlito, West Ham surely has better team than e.g. Derby, Wigan, Fulham, Reading.. imo Bolton will be in trouble since the change from Big Sam to Little Sam, and what about 'Boro if they lose also Yakubu? And so on and so on..
    LOL at the Carlito comment! Rated mate!!
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 11:171 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Spurs fans have been saying this for 20 years. You always buy a couple of players each summer, get totally carried away with it all and start thinking you'll be challenging for trophies. By October you've realised that the league's out of the question and by February you're out of the cups.

Spurs should finish 5th-8th, with a possible QF appearance. 4th ...[text shortened]... 's only Arsenal's developing youngsters that will have any chance of getting amongst them.
    Mate.. you dont know much about football..... by the way when did you last win the Prem League?😉

'Puds' are one of the most boring Prem teams to watch. rafa has no idea about how to play in the English, thats why all this success has been in Europe.

How can a team that has neve won the Prem league be in two finals of the champions league? What are they the champions of???

UEFA realy need to sort out this mess in the Champions League format... its JOKE AT THE MOMENT
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 17:58
    WHU will do ok next season... 'cos all they need to do is pretend to sign a couple of players, who will then score the goals that keep them in touch with the 'smaller clubs' above them in the table... and if that fails there's always the Premier League committee that will find a way to keep them in the league just 'cos they're a London side.

Bitter?
    You bet!
  14. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 18:26
    Originally posted by blade68
    WHU will do ok next season... 'cos all they need to do is pretend to sign a couple of players, who will then score the goals that keep them in touch with the 'smaller clubs' above them in the table... and if that fails there's always the Premier League committee that will find a way to keep them in the league just 'cos they're a London side.

Bitter?
    You bet!
    Hey, IMO you were relegated fair and square but ya' know I can still sympathize with you. Yeah, it hurts.. management must now make sure that downslide won't get any further. Financially you lot are alright, ain't ya?
  15. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 18:30
    [b]..... by the way when did you last win the Prem League?😉
    Uhhuh, I would never ever dare to ask that kinda question from Liverpool fan! 😀 Really, Liverpool is the most succesful team in the England ever hands down so Spurs fan trying mock them about winning anything? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree