1. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 22:20
    Originally posted by blade68
    Surely you don't mean David James???

He started at Watford anyway didn't he?
    Maybe, but he was in the West Ham team with all the other names mentioned. Ridiculous haircut and all.

He's quality. He went through a shaky patch with England and Man City, but you can't deny his talent.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 22:23
    Originally posted by Crita
    Maybe, but he was in the West Ham team with all the other names mentioned. Ridiculous haircut and all.

He's quality. He went through a shaky patch with England and Man City, but you can't deny his talent.
    Hee hee hee..... that's why I love football - it's all about opinions!
  3. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 22:49
    Hee hee hee..... that's why I love football - it's all about opinions!
    Yeah, two people can look at the same thing and come up with totally different opinions and there is no way you could convince either to see it a different way!
  4. Joined
    06 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 23:49

He certainly pulls of some remarkable saves,but keepings all about constant reliability surely still remember those dodgy keeper chants
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 23:57
    Yeah, two people can look at the same thing and come up with totally different opinions and there is no way you could convince either to see it a different way!
    very true my friend... very true!
  6. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 01:54
    ..all I ask when will we see Noble? Bloody 'ell! 😠 btw that spanish guy seems a class
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 09:32
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    Unless they are 'keepers' ofcourse...😵😵😵😵
    Sorry Blade68......jst could not resist!!!
    You got owt to say about yesterday's result Saladin?

😵 😀 😉

THE BLADES ARE STAYING UP!
  8. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 11:52
    You got owt to say about yesterday's result Saladin?

😵 😀 😉

THE BLADES ARE STAYING UP!
    LOL...Blade what can i say??!!! The same old story when we play away.

Jol is becoming like Sven-Goran Eriksson was with England.. he does not seem to have a 'plan B' during a match.

But you guys are safe i would say, judging by the West ham and Charlton results.. SO SEE YOU NEXT SEASON FOR TWO MORE GAMES!
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 12:18
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    LOL...Blade what can i say??!!! The same old story when we play away.

Jol is becoming like Sven-Goran Eriksson was with England.. he does not seem to have a 'plan B' during a match.

But you guys are safe i would say, judging by the West ham and Charlton results.. SO SEE YOU NEXT SEASON FOR TWO MORE GAMES!
    Yeah I think we'll be OK now.... I was pleased we beat your lot yesterday though... out of the London clubs, only Chelsea have come to the Lane and taken anything away!
    Hopefully when we beat WHU in April at our place it will be to seal their fate...
  10. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 18:34
    Yeah I think we'll be OK now.... I was pleased we beat your lot yesterday though... out of the London clubs, only Chelsea have come to the Lane and taken anything away!
    Hopefully when we beat WHU in April at our place it will be to seal their fate...
    Right from the first same of the season, when you held Liverpool, you guys were always going to be hard to beat at home,and that home form has now (i am sure) saved you.

Very un-lucky Wigan today I thought (see my other thread!)
  11. swivel seat
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 12:36
    Interestingly Watford sold their 'best' player for £9.65 mill and bought in a few free signings and we have beaten the sorry hammers twice in a fortnight, 😀
  12. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 10:15

David James was absolutely fantastic for City most of the time we had him.......as usual the press pick up on a couple of mistakes and question his ability - overall he was brilliant for us..

....now he's carrying on that good form at Pompey..

IMHO, Nicky Weaver is actually a better keeper though - how good he would have been without 5 years of injuries is anybodies guess.....
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 17:42
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    David James was absolutely fantastic for City most of the time we had him.......as usual the press pick up on a couple of mistakes and question his ability - overall he was brilliant for us..

....now he's carrying on that good form at Pompey..

IMHO, Nicky Weaver is actually a better keeper though - how good he would have been without 5 years of injuries is anybodies guess.....
    I do not like David James.

The Soft G
    a.ka. The G Breve

p.s. Subscribers!, please make sure you vote for my pirate poll. Thread 63062
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 19:08
    Originally posted by Cityblue

IMHO, Nicky Weaver is actually a better keeper though - how good he would have been without 5 years of injuries is anybodies guess.....[/b]
    ...born on the wrong side of Sheffield though!
  15. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 13:23
    ...born on the wrong side of Sheffield though!
    Fair point from a Blade 😀

Better than him being from Salford or the South 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree