1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 10:531 edit
    There is a lot of talk about the Big Ten adding another team. A few years back, ND turned down the offer to join and I think was asked again this year. Other teams include Mizzu, Pitt, Cincinnati, and Iowa State. Personally, I can't get too exited over any of them except ND, however, I don't think there is much of a chance of them climbing aboard.

Edit: Just as a bit of trivia, there are three teams in college football who do not belong to a division. Name them!!
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 14:291 edit
    I think they should make a special "Notre Dame Conference" - it would be made up of Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, Stanford, Navy, and Boston College.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 18:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a lot of talk about the Big Ten adding another team. A few years back, ND turned down the offer to join and I think was asked again this year. Other teams include Mizzu, Pitt, Cincinnati, and Iowa State. Personally, I can't get too exited over any of them except ND, however, I don't think there is much of a chance of them climbing aboard.

Edit: ...[text shortened]... rivia, there are three teams in college football who do not belong to a division. Name them!!
    Easy, whodey! Army, Navy! Cinci would add a great rivalry factor against OSU and Michigan! on't happen, however. Iowa St would be a good fit!
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 01:471 edit

Edit: ...[text shortened]... rivia, there are three teams in college football who do not belong to a division. Name them!!
    It might be a good thing for ND to join the Big Ten, I don't think it will happen though. They should let in 2 teams at once if they do. The Big 12 I can live with, the Big 11 does not compute with me.😏
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 03:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    It might be a good thing for ND to join the Big Ten, I don't think it will happen though. They should let in 2 teams at once if they do. The Big 12 I can live with, the Big 11 does not compute with me.😏
    They should get a team like Villanova to add an instate rivalry for PennSt!

Did anyone watch that fantastic bowl game between Wyoming and Fresno St? What a finish. One of the best goal line stands I've ever seen!
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 04:49
    Originally posted by bill718
    You should count them now because there are 11 teams in it now when Penn State added a few years back.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 05:17
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You should count them now because there are 11 teams in it now when Penn State added a few years back.
    They were going to rename the conference the Big Eleven but 7-11 threatened a lawsuit because of their big gulp and the eleven!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Yes, but if they added another team from a different state then there would be ten states represented instead of nine.

Edit: Does anyone know which teams are not part of a division? There are three, name them!
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 14:17
    Yes, but if they added another team from a different state then there would be ten states represented instead of nine.

Edit: Does anyone know which teams are not part of a division? There are three, name them!
    I did already! Notre Dame, Army and Navy!
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 16:22
    Missouri to the Big 10 and move TCU into the Big XII. Bump Oklahoma State to the North. Kick Iowa Sate out of the Big XII and move Boise State in.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 16:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Missouri to the Big 10 and move TCU into the Big XII. Bump Oklahoma State to the North. Kick Iowa Sate out of the Big XII and move Boise State in.
    That would be really, really great! Will it happen? Unlikely, but if it did that would be awesomeness!
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 17:561 edit
    Here is an idea. Completly do away with the divisions as they are. Then take the top 10 best performers in each division in the last 5 years and put them in a division. Then take the best performers of 11-15 and put them in a division, and so forth. then every 5 years or so, reassess the divisions. After all, how many times must we watch Ohio State beat up on Indiana, or watch Texas beat up on Oklahoma State?
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 22:48
    Here is an idea. Completly do away with the divisions as they are. Then take the top 10 best performers in each division in the last 5 years and put them in a division. Then take the best performers of 11-15 and put them in a division, and so forth. then every 5 years or so, reassess the divisions. After all, how many times must we watch Ohio State beat up on Indiana, or watch Texas beat up on Oklahoma State?
    Nah! We like the rivalries! How could we live without these?
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 14:34
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Nah! We like the rivalries! How could we live without these?
    each division has a couple of great "rivalry" games -- the other 95% of the games are just boring matchups that happen every year and they're just as tedious the 25th time they play as it was the first time.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 19:50
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    each division has a couple of great "rivalry" games -- the other 95% of the games are just boring matchups that happen every year and they're just as tedious the 25th time they play as it was the first time.
    What do you want....a super conference with the 12 best teams in the land banging each other every week until they are all toasted? Then several leagues of the wallflowers tiptoing with their boring matches all season?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree