1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 20:30
    Lots of sloppy playing, coaching and play calling going on out there. I wonder what is so different this year than previous years. I mean the only 4-0 team out there is Kansas City and No other team is really playing with anything that even closely resembles consitency... look what happened to the Bears "No. 1 offense" against the Giants crappy defense last week! At this point I almost want to start watching soccer.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 08:231 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Lots of sloppy playing, coaching and play calling going on out there. I wonder what is so different this year than previous years. I mean the only 4-0 team out there is Kansas City and No other team is really playing with anything that even closely resembles consitency... look what happened to the Bears "No. 1 offense" against the Giants crappy defense last week! At this point I almost want to start watching soccer.
    you should, its faster moving and more beautiful to watch (with the exception of the cheerleaders whom one could quite happily watch all day). I suggest a compromise, watch International rugby union, France , New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Argentina, Italy, Wales and yes even England (just to watch them get hammered), its tough and mean, fast flowing with plenty of incidents and the occasional fist fights (South Africans especially)
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 11:51
    Don't listen to robbiecarrobie. Switch to college ball instead. Alabama, Oregon, and OSU will take your breath away. STay away from rugby and especially the EPL! After a few weeks of college ball then the NFL willl have righted its ship and you'll be happy again!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 15:28
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Don't listen to robbiecarrobie. Switch to college ball instead. Alabama, Oregon, and OSU will take your breath away. STay away from rugby and especially the EPL! After a few weeks of college ball then the NFL willl have righted its ship and you'll be happy again!
    Texas longhorns rule!
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 16:28
    Bears offense was never any good; they beat GB and even Det with smoke and mirrors. And the Giants defense can muster a good pass rush.

I think the NFL is great and I don't see any drop-off this year.

Oh, and KC is 3-0.

Oh, and the Jets are playing great. They're one loss was 10-9 and came as a result of a million penalties.

Go ahead. Try soccer. The NFL will still be there when you're looking for a real sport again.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 17:07
    its October -- lots of baseball to watch -- the real NFL season doesn't begin until the world series is over.

and by then, the NBA season will be starting and we can find out if the Miami Sound Machine is actually capable of doing the conga.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 09:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    Bears offense was never any good; they beat GB and even Det with smoke and mirrors. And the Giants defense can muster a good pass rush.

I think the NFL is great and I don't see any drop-off this year.

Oh, and KC is 3-0.

Oh, and the Jets are playing great. They're one loss was 10-9 and came as a result of a million penalties.

Go ahead. Try soccer. The NFL will still be there when you're looking for a real sport again.
    NFL are pansies, padded up and with helmets on, International rugby is a real dudes sport!
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 12:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Texas longhorns rule!
    Longhorns sux real bad! Dropped out of the top 25 like rats off a sinking ship. TCU is Texas' number ne team as of now! For noe Texas Rangers rule as well!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 14:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Longhorns sux real bad! Dropped out of the top 25 like rats off a sinking ship. TCU is Texas' number ne team as of now! For noe Texas Rangers rule as well!
    are they not simply young and inexperienced? they'll be back or they don't call me Mr Longhorn for nuttin!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 16:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are they not simply young and inexperienced? they'll be back or they don't call me Mr Longhorn for nuttin!
    Won't be back anytime soon. Need to recruit a credible running back. Have not done so since Ricky Williams. NO QB either. Garrett Gilbert and Lil Bro McCoy aren't that great. Right now it's Bama, Oregon and OSU. After those three it's a huge dropoff in quality although Nebraska is on the rise.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 23:04
    Couldn't stay away but am still unimpressed with the play so far this year compared to past seasons.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 02:401 edit
    Couldn't stay away but am still unimpressed with the play so far this year compared to past seasons.
    No argument from me. I can't seem to stay away, but after watching college ball on Saturdays NFL seems drab and lackluster. College had a plethora of exciting constests like LSU-Florida. How many times have you seen a no look over the head backwards lateral on a fake field goal? Man that was a gutsy call! I was rooting for FL yet Les Miles won me over . Don't get called mad hatter for playing conservative!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree