1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:571 edit
    On Intrade, you could have gotten Lebron to the Knicks for 5 cents on the dollar just a scant few days ago. This morning, Lebron to NY was trading at 10. As of right now, NY has passed Cleveland as favorites on Intrade, as Lebron to NY surpasses 40.
  2. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 05:13
    I'm thinking New York. We will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to find out. He's crafty at marketing himself I think.
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 05:32
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I'm thinking New York. We will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to find out. He's crafty at marketing himself I think.
    The media down here says a good shot to hook up w/ Dwayne Wade in Miami... who knows?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 13:05
    Looks like he's going to Miami to create a dynasty with Wade and Bosh.

Okay. Whatever.

At least the south Florida fans will have to keep their mouths shut next time the Yankees sign a big FA.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 13:09
    Originally posted by sh76
    Looks like he's going to Miami to create a dynasty with Wade and Bosh.

Okay. Whatever.

At least the south Florida fans will have to keep their mouths shut next time the Yankees sign a big FA.
    Or 3 big FAs.

Free agency has officially ruined basketball.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 14:16
    it would be really funny if LeBron dropped a bombshell and announced he just signed a $100mill-yr deal to play in Europe.
  7. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 14:35
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    The media down here says a good shot to hook up w/ Dwayne Wade in Miami... who knows?
    Yeah, makes sense but why is he going to New York to make his announcement? Cavs fans are in for the big let down.
  8. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 23:47
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Yeah, makes sense but why is he going to New York to make his announcement? Cavs fans are in for the big let down.
    Why play for 100 mil in Europe if the Nets owner is ready to fashion a Billion dollar showcase for Lebron?

Anyway, the Cavs are toast and the Heat has the inside straight..
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 02:18
    Miami it is! I hope they flop. I dislike most teams who buy championships except the Yankees! Go figure!
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 02:22
    Maimi is weak. He will do worse with them. He should have stayed.
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 02:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Maimi is weak. He will do worse with them. He should have stayed.
    You mean Miami WAS weak right? Look at Boston, they had an awfull team, picked Allen and Garnett and won the championship.

The difference is that Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all young stars. And WAY better than Boston's big 3.

They will dominate the league at least for the next 5 seasons.

I hope Kobe enjoyed a lot his fifth ring... it's going to be the last!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 15:02
    Originally posted by monteirof
    You mean Miami WAS weak right? Look at Boston, they had an awfull team, picked Allen and Garnett and won the championship.

The difference is that Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all young stars. And WAY better than Boston's big 3.

They will dominate the league at least for the next 5 seasons.

I hope Kobe enjoyed a lot his fifth ring... it's going to be the last!
    NO sir....HUGE difference between Boston and Miami. You see, Boston has FIVE solid startes AND a solid bench. Miami has three studs and nine duds. They can't afford anything else. They will probably give the coaching job back to Riley to see if he can deal with three super egos!!! The back biting should be interesting when the losing sinks in.
  13. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 19:53
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    NO sir....HUGE difference between Boston and Miami. You see, Boston has FIVE solid startes AND a solid bench. Miami has three studs and nine duds. They can't afford anything else. They will probably give the coaching job back to Riley to see if he can deal with three super egos!!! The back biting should be interesting when the losing sinks in.
    I like this analysis, should be interesting, yes sir. And I'm not even an NBA fan.
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 20:22
    the key is going to be how well the team plays defense. One of the strengths of Boston has actually been their defensive play.

There's this tendency with the NBA to greatly glorify offensive skills (and to a lesser extent, rebounding) but very rarely does anyone say much about who the great defensive players and defensive teams are. But every play in basketball involves an offense AND a defense -- the defense is just as important as the offense. If the Miami Heat turns out to be a below-average defense team, their studly trio might each score 27 points a game and the fans may still be in for a big disappointment.

Somewhere in there, someone is going to write the basketball version of Moneyball and argue that the best strategy should be to focus on acquiring players with extremely high defensive skills (and the motivation to use them) and merely average offensive skills -- such players would be relatively cheap to acquire -- and then hire the coaches that will make this team into a defensive MONSTER -- if you can lead the league in defense and be in the middle of the pack on offense, your team should win 50+ games.
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 23:28
    Easy to say that today, Today they are a solid team with 5 great starters and a solid bench. But Boston finished the 2006-2007 season with one of the worst records in the league. Rondo wasnt even a starter, he was just a prospect. People doubt he could be a starting pg of a team battling for the title. Same works with Perkings. Boston brough the big 3 and completely reformulated their supporting cast. They did everything since ground zero. So dont try to compare today`s Boston with last season Miami. Compare what they did Building a winning team. Miami still has a lot of work ahead, building a support cast for their big 3. That wont really be such a tuff job, anybody looking for a ring (or ringS) will consider Miami

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree