1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 03:37
    As greedy NFL owners and players divide up there over inflated pile of cash, I'll be looking ahead to the 2011 college football season. Go Notre Dame!!

NFL...go jump in a lake!!😀
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 12:18
    Originally posted by bill718
    As greedy NFL owners and players divide up there over inflated pile of cash, I'll be looking ahead to the 2011 college football season. Go Notre Dame!!

They'll get a deal done, you watch. This is too huge a cash cow to let it die. NCAA needs to NFL as well. I love both college and pro ball!
  3. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 18:05
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    They'll get a deal done, you watch. This is too huge a cash cow to let it die. NCAA needs to NFL as well. I love both college and pro ball!
    Everyone says they will walk away from the strike and never watch another game, only to find themselves parked in front of the television clamoring for the kickoff in the first game after the work stoppage....and all is forgiven.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 18:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    They'll get a deal done, you watch.
    like they did in the nhl a few years back? i was just getting into hockey, the tampa/montreal series was great and then smack no nhl for a year.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 18:42

NFL owners everywhere are cringing at the thought of your failure to watch their games.
    They already know you never purchased a game ticket or merchandise.
    In fact, i heard from a reliable source, that they have you listed on the "malcontent" list.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 18:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    like they did in the nhl a few years back? i was just getting into hockey, the tampa/montreal series was great and then smack no nhl for a year.
    Hell trev, don't you remember the MLB strike that nearly ruined the game?
    Killed over half the season.

This strike was the pre-cursor to the owners going to the players and asking them to juice up.
    They also juiced up the baseball.
    Then the homers were a flying and the fans were back in the seats again.

The NFL and the NBA will get it done, unless the players are total idiots.
    The players need to realize that most of the owners already have the money.
    If the season is nixed, they don't have to spend what they have, but they won't make any more.
    The players make nothing, and they get another year of age on them.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Hell trev, don't you remember the MLB strike that nearly ruined the game?
    Killed over half the season.

This strike was the pre-cursor to the owners going to the players and asking them to juice up.
    They also juiced up the baseball.
    Then the homers were a flying and the fans were back in the seats again.

The NFL and the NBA will get it done, unl ...[text shortened]... hey won't make any more.
    The players make nothing, and they get another year of age on them.
    97 was the year i started watching mlb... it was the first season ever to be shown on tv here so while i've heard of the strikes a few years previous it didn't affect me. i'll never forget the marlins winning that series... no idea how i started supporting the mets.

then after the 2008 season they took it away from us, it was still available on satellite tv but without the studio, we used to get the wed and sun night matches live every week on free tv, even if it was a poor game you'd always watch it because of the entertainment in the studio in between innings. now all we get is espn ads 😞

i hope they strike in the nba, worse sport ever.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 20:20
    97 was the year i started watching mlb... it was the first season ever to be shown on tv here so while i've heard of the strikes a few years previous it didn't affect me. i'll never forget the marlins winning that series... no idea how i started supporting the mets.

then after the 2008 season they took it away from us, it was still available on satellite ...[text shortened]... n innings. now all we get is espn ads 😞

i hope they strike in the nba, worse sport ever.
    Have you bought your season tickets yet for the synchronized swimming season??😛
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 22:03
    Have you bought your season tickets yet for the synchronized swimming season??😛
    i've also bought the tissue paper 😵
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 01:14
    i've also bought the tissue paper 😵
    So, you are still trying to convince the women to wear your high tech tissue paper swim suits eh? 😉😀
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 02:39
    So, you are still trying to convince the women to wear your high tech tissue paper swim suits eh? 😉😀
    That's the best idea ever. Ratings would go through the roof.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 22:56

NFL will be back right on cue- the money involved for TV and the NFL is just to much for them not to resolve all the issues
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 13:08
    All I can say is that if the NFL folds and never plays another game, then the last game Tom Brady and the New England Patriots ever played will have been a home playoff loss to the Jets.

Almost makes me root for the NFL to fold...

😛
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 14:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    All I can say is that if the NFL folds and never plays another game, then the last game Tom Brady and the New England Patriots ever played will have been a home playoff loss to the Jets.

Almost makes me root for the NFL to fold...

😛
    Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 04:05
    Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
    Why would a hog want an acorn?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree