1. In your face
    Moves
    20 May '12 20:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's thick skinned enough; he comes from Scotishland after all.
    Haggis skinned I think.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 May '12 18:17
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Haggis skinned I think.
    You left out "revolting". Only good thing ever come out of Scotland is single malt whiskey! Isn't the casing for haggis lamb scrotum?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 May '12 19:00
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You left out "revolting". Only good thing ever come out of Scotland is single malt whiskey! Isn't the casing for haggis lamb scrotum?
    I cannot believe you would side with the Angles against your cousins the Scots,
    unbelievable, the casing is traditionally made from sheep's stomach.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 May '12 08:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I cannot believe you would side with the Angles against your cousins the Scots, unbelievable, the casing is traditionally made from sheep's stomach.
    If your haggis casing has been made from lamb stomach, scrotum, or any other part, you've been fed a city-produced, ersatz Glasgow Haggis™. Real haggis, from the Hielans, is made from (of course!) the wild haggis, haggis scoticus (MacB). Its taste is much more subtle than that of the Glasgow fake - well, it could hardly be less subtle! In fact, real haggis connoiseurs claim to be able to tell the deiseal sub-species from the widdershins one by their taste alone. Try doing that with one made from a sheep's inedible bits!

Richard
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '12 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If your haggis casing has been made from lamb stomach, scrotum, or any other part, you've been fed a city-produced, ersatz Glasgow Haggis™. Real haggis, from the Hielans, is made from (of course!) the wild haggis, haggis scoticus (MacB). Its taste is much more subtle than that of the Glasgow fake - well, it could hardly be less subtle! In ...[text shortened]... ne by their taste alone. Try doing that with one made from a sheep's inedible bits!

Richard
    I like vegetarian Haggis to be honest, the Heilans, LOL, ah laddie, we'd mak you an
    honoury Scotsman in a sinch!🙂
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 May '12 09:51
    I like vegetarian Haggis to be honest
    Vegetarian haggis? I suppose you then have beef neeps and venison tatties on the side? And start your day with salmon porridge? Of course, you have to have non-alcoholic whisky to wash it down with.

Richard
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 11:31
    I cannot believe you would side with the Angles against your cousins the Scots,
    unbelievable, the casing is traditionally made from sheep's stomach.
    Aye, a sad momentary lapse of reason, old friend. Yet I was never going to side wit the Huns, even with a Gomez leading the attack!

As for Haggis, I tried it at the Scottish booth at the Folklife Festival in San Antone one year and confess I actually liked it. As for my cousins, their food is generally worse than the Angle's boil the hell outa meat and peas haute cuisine and which is only a notch below the German potatoes and brat crap! Bizarre foods needs to do a highland's episode!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree