1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 17:40
    Morinhio seems to be the fans favourite but i can't see the FA (being the backward stupid bunch of *$^£'s) hiring him, he's too high profile for them. Look at all the scoldings they handed him when he was a Club manager, they'd never be able to keep him under control and lets face it, they never pick someone they can't mess around!

Who would you like to see? If not Morinhio, then perhaps an ex-player? Looking around at ex-players who turn manager, i'd say there's a case. Klinsman for Germany springs to mind...
  2. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 17:41
    harry rednap
  3. Utrecht
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 19:09
    Klinsmann would be a good one. He got germany back on top with exciting play for german standards since decades.
    Hiddink should do as well I reckon, but he's engaged with Russia.
    I would say Mourinho. Just because of his high profile. He could be the one to change things.
    Here in Holland Louis van Gaal (now AZ) was fishing openly for the job.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 23:58
    The England team should be picked by a phone vote from the nation ala The X Factor.... far more sensible than putting a single idiot in charge again.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 14:52
    I find it unlikely that Mourinho goes, but of course that depends on the alternatives he has...

I think the England FA should try to get Capello first.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 15:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I find it unlikely that Mourinho goes, but of course that depends on the alternatives he has...

I think the England FA should try to get Capello first.
    I'd be happy with either of them. Capello's got more experience. But Mourinho knows English football. And speaks English, which might be an advantage!
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 23:09
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Morinhio seems to be the fans favourite but i can't see the FA (being the backward stupid bunch of *$^£'s) hiring him, he's too high profile for them. Look at all the scoldings they handed him when he was a Club manager, they'd never be able to keep him under control and lets face it, they never pick someone they can't mess around!

Who would you like ...[text shortened]... players who turn manager, i'd say there's a case. Klinsman for Germany springs to mind...
    simon cowell - he always finds a winner
  8. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 23:56
    does it really matter, any half decent manager will get as much from the english team as possible because none of the big players really care about the national team - and naturally these same players can't be dropped in fear of loosing the next game because the media will single handely lose the coach his job if the rooney's, lampard's gerrard's are dropped for the game in question
  9. Standard memberPacketman
    Just me
    By the beach
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 01:46
    We need someone bigger than the overrated nancys who are the so called "stars" of English football. Either that or someone who has the balls to pick players that have heart and fight and not a high profile lifestyle. imo

Tangerine army.
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 18:03
    Mike Bassett...

😀
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 19:29
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb

Who would you like ...[text shortened]... players who turn manager, i'd say there's a case. Klinsman for Germany springs to mind...
    Why not... an English person?
    The manager is not England's problem, by the way. It's the attitude of the fans and the media. They expect to win. And can't handle losin'.
  12. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 20:32
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Why not... an English person?
    The manager is not England's problem, by the way. It's the attitude of the fans and the media. They expect to win. And can't handle losin'.
    Those are some of England's problems. The manager was another one.

Why not an English person? Who?
  13. Glasgow Scotland
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 20:49
    Originally posted by blade68
    The England team should be picked by a phone vote from the nation ala The X Factor.... far more sensible than putting a single idiot in charge again.
    As I remember, the last time the FA organised a phone/online vote was to name the famous bridge that leads to Wembley after a player, the vote was nearly won by Jim Baxter after Scottish fans voted in their masses.
    Just after this, Radio Clyde ran a story on April Fools day which said that Glasgow council had agreed to rename the Clyde Tunnel in Glasgow 'The Bobby Moore Tunnel' their switchboards were besieged by unhappy Scots.
    So my point is that if they had a national vote, I think that Steve McLaren may return!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree