1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Wrong...idiots on this forum....
    You have a penchant for calling everyone who disagrees with you an idiot or a moron.

Why?

Meanwhile, you are suggesting that the # 10 ranked team in the country, Boise State, should get a shot in the Title Game.

But, I guess the rest of us who are arguing that the #3 ranked team is actually, by all measures, better than the # 2 ranked team are so far out in left field that we must be morons.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 17:34
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You have a penchant for calling everyone who disagrees with you an idiot or a moron.

Why?

Meanwhile, you are suggesting that the # 10 ranked team in the country, Boise State, should get a shot in the Title Game.

But, I guess the rest of us who are arguing that the #3 ranked team is actually, by all measures, better than the # 2 ranked team are so far out in left field that we must be morons.
    I called you an idiot because rather than looking at the facts I enumerated in the first post, you simply assumed I was an OSU fan. That is intellectually lazy and stupid. And perhaps you could provide some reason why the #8 (not #10) team which is unbeaten, isn't a worthy opponent for the only other undefeated team, the #1 team.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 17:382 edits
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    There really is no argument for Bosie State. If you play in a really tough conference plus play good teams out of conference and have one loss, you are more impressive than if you are undefeated but are in the WAC. Rooting for the underdog does not change this reality. Michigan went through the whole big ten plus beat Notre Dame. Their only loss dule games against top 10 opponents and if they end the year 11-1 then they can get their shot.
    So no mid-major teams should be allowed in March Madness either I presume. Does the fact that the WAC's #2 just beat the Big Ten's #4 and that Boise state crushed Oregon State mean absolutely nothing? If the rules were set up so that no mid major team could go to a BCS Bowl your attitude might make sense, but it isn't. If Boise State winds up beating Nebraska and/or Oklahoma they're going to be undefeated and probably ranked in the top 5.

EDIT: Oddly enough the weak WAC won 2 out of 3 games this year against the super strong Big Ten. And Michigan doesn't deserve kudos for their out of conference scheduling unless you consider barely beating Ball State praiseworthy.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 17:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 17:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Have you seen Boise State play? I watched their 38-7 victory over Nevada (a 9-3 team which beat Big Ten Northwestern). They have a running back who's probably going to a first round pick, a solid QB and a special team that hits. Of course, they couldn't match up with OSU's offensive speed - who can? I'd think the score would be about 38-21. But the AFC Jets were supposed to get slaughtered in Super Bowl III by the superior NFC Colts.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 18:24
    I called you an idiot because rather than looking at the facts I enumerated in the first post, you simply assumed I was an OSU fan. That is intellectually lazy and stupid. And perhaps you could provide some reason why the #8 (not #10) team which is unbeaten, isn't a worthy opponent for the only other undefeated team, the #1 team.
    Sorry I ignored these HARD-HITTING facts:

3. It's a great Cinderella story.

4. Rematches between two teams in the same conference?

5. Southern Cal AGAIN in the Title game?

Boise State is 8th in the BCS and 10th in the AP.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 18:281 edit
    Have you seen Boise State play? I watched their 38-7 victory over Nevada (a 9-3 team which beat Big Ten Northwestern). They have a running back who's probably going to a first round pick, a solid QB and a special team that hits. Of course, they couldn't match up with OSU's offensive speed - who can? I'd think the score would be about 38-21. But the AFC Jets were supposed to get slaughtered in Super Bowl III by the superior NFC Colts.
    Boise State's Ian Johnson is a superb RB. He rushed for 240 yds and 5 TDs on 22 carries against Oregon State.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 18:44
    I don't think anyone is saying Boise doesn't have any good players. Many BCS teams have great backs. Peterson (oklahoma) is probbaly the best back. Michigan has a great back. So does USC. But are people really arguing that having a good back = deserves a chance to play for national title.

The #2, #3 and #4 teams in the polls have tons of pro prospects. They also beat good teams. USC, Michigan and Florida can actually talk about their schedule and not that they beat an OK team like Nevada who beat a poor teams in good conferences Northwestern. The BCS was created so #1 could play #2 and Boise's strength of schedule puts them too far down.
    It seems to that direct arguments are far more convincing than indirect arguments
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 18:50
    But are people really arguing that having a good back = deserves a chance to play for national title.
    I'm certainly not nor do I think anyone in this thread would even attempt to make that argument. I just mentioned it as a point of interest.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 19:301 edit
    I don't think anyone is saying Boise doesn't have any good players. Many BCS teams have great backs. Peterson (oklahoma) is probbaly the best back. Michigan has a great back. So does USC. But are people really arguing that having a good back = deserves a chance to play for national title.

The #2, #3 and #4 teams in the polls have tons of pro ar down.
    It seems to that direct arguments are far more convincing than indirect arguments
    The thickness of people's heads in this thread is utterly amazing. Of course I didn't make the ridiculous argument that just because Boise State had a good back they should play for the national championship! I mentioned that I (unlike most people in this thread apparently) had actually watched Boise State play and that they have various first class players. No one else seems to even consider this.

Michigan played one good out of conference team and some weak ones, including Ball State. Only if you assume that the Big Ten is way stronger than the WAC do you come to the conclusion that Boise's schedule is "weak" compared to Michigan - Boise smashed Oregon State, a strong Pac-10 team. The Big Ten has no quality out of conference wins outside of OSU and Michigan and lost 2 out of 3 to the WAC - including Purdue, the #4 team in the Big Ten, losing to Hawaii who Boise beat.

Heck, OSU would be a heavy favorite over Boise but they'll probably be a 10 point favorite over USC. If Boise beats a Southwest team in the Fiesta, they'll wind up in the top 5, unbeaten but without a chance to play for the title. That seems unfair to me.

EDIT: OK Nevada beat Northwestern by 10; superpower Michigan beat NW by 14.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 19:52
    You continually talk about the fact that michigan and ohio state played only one tough out of conference schedule game as if they are but 1 of a 1000 good out of conference games. Ohio state's win at then #2 texas is the best out of conference win of the year. Michigan's win over Notre Dame and USC's win over Notre dame are the #2 and #3 best out of conference wins. These are big time wins over other big time programs. Conferences and schedules are ranked and Boise has not accomplished anything close out of conference. I cannot believe that you would argue that they are in a conference that Is equivalent to the SEC, BIg Ten or PAC. So they are not the #2 team and should play Ohio State the #1 team for national title.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 19:54
    Oregon state is a good team and it is Boise's best win. But they did not beat anyone like USC or Cal (the top 2 pack ten teams) or Michigan or Ohio State (the top 2 big ten teams) or florida or LSU the top 2 (SEC teams).
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 21:201 edit
    Oregon state is a good team and it is Boise's best win. But they did not beat anyone like USC or Cal (the top 2 pack ten teams) or Michigan or Ohio State (the top 2 big ten teams) or florida or LSU the top 2 (SEC teams).
    Neither did Michigan. Of course, if Boise isn't allowed to play such teams, they won't be able to beat them, will they?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 21:24
    You continually talk about the fact that michigan and ohio state played only one tough out of conference schedule game as if they are but 1 of a 1000 good out of conference games. Ohio state's win at then #2 texas is the best out of conference win of the year. Michigan's win over Notre Dame and USC's win over Notre dame are the #2 and #3 best out ...[text shortened]... PAC. So they are not the #2 team and should play Ohio State the #1 team for national title.
    Huh? Texas won't even play in the Big 12 Conference championship game. Why smashing the team that beat USC doesn't rate as a "big time win" is beyond me.
  15. over there
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 22:23
    Huh? Texas won't even play in the Big 12 Conference championship game. Why smashing the team that beat USC doesn't rate as a "big time win" is beyond me.
    Maybe Oregon State isn't good. Maybe USC is weak and Michigan deserves a shot at the title.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree