1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 16:14
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Michael Schumacher's another current example.
    Not doing as well as he'd have liked, either. Nor has Armstong. Of course, what both they and their hyping-up journalist friends forgot is that Schumacher without team orders is not as good as Schumacher with team orders; and that Armstrong semi-clean is not the beast that Armstrong doped to the gills was.

Now, Kim Clijsters... she claims she went back to tennis because she thought she would enjoy it more than she did when she stopped. I suspect that she also came back because she thought that, even after having had a baby girl, and at nearly thirty, she could still volley rings around these teenage upstarts who try and reach number one these days.
    Difference is, she is very merrily proving this correct. I wouldn't put my money on Zvonareva tonight.

Richard
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by chesstora
    When the so called "sports stars" retire; why can't they stay retired. Some try to make a come. The most recent one that comes to mind is Lance Armstrong. Jordan did it, "Magic" Johnson did and a few others gave it a try.

But once retired why don't they just stay retired?
    Why don't you try supporting a wife and a harem of girl freinds. If its so easy lets see you do it. If you ask me, there is no retirement, you just keep plugging away till you drop!! 😛
  3. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 02:37
    Originally posted by PGGMMLB
    lt's not for the money!???
    Favre came back because he didn't like the idea of ending his career on one really bad interception.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 02:41
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    Favre came back because he didn't like the idea of ending his career on one really bad interception.
    That's right, he prefers to end it on a myriad of bad interceptions. 😛
  5. Joined
    05 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 03:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    That's right, he prefers to end it on a myriad of bad interceptions. 😛
    and a prosthetic...
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 08:53
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    I don't think his career is 'quite' over yet, but he DID have 4 interceptions today....

GO DOLPHINS! 😀
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 15:52
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I don't think his career is 'quite' over yet, but he DID have 4 interceptions today....

GO DOLPHINS! 😀
    I'm betting he's thinking long and hard rightn ow about how he should've just stayed in Mississippi this Winter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree