1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    02 May '13 21:38
    Why do you Englanders insist on calling it football when in most of the world, particularly in places where they still play the game well, it is properly referred to as futbol?

Come on, get off your pompous butts and call the game what it is called in the rest of the world.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 May '13 00:04
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Why do you Englanders insist on calling it football when in most of the world, particularly in places where they still play the game well, it is properly referred to as futbol?

Come on, get off your pompous butts and call the game what it is called in the rest of the world.
    Perhaps because that is what the world governing body call it.
    (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 May '13 08:061 edit
    When you start using the name Gloverounders, we will happily oblige.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:01

I find that a bit strange when you call a game where you throw the ball "American football " when in the rest of the world .... i will forget that one, nobodys interested in it anyway !
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:04

they are Morris dancers to the last one of them, what ya expect.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they are Morris dancers to the last one of them, what ya expect.
    I find that a bit strange too coming from a nation ( Scotland ) where the men dress up in skirts
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:203 edits
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I find that a bit strange too coming from a nation ( Scotland ) where the men dress up in skirts
    the term is a plaid, no a skirt and we are not the ones dressing up as chicks to go and watch cricket. Chicks dig kilts, get yourself one and let the summer breeze permeate your nether regions
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 May '13 20:53

Hey Red Night, its been awhile. 🙂

I bet you are excited to watch our Soccer Team this summer. There are a lot of important soccer games scheduled. 😀
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 May '13 10:13
    Bah, don't feed the troll, dumbasses.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 May '13 15:59

Look on the bright side...at least the Englanders have the good sense to play the same game, no matter what they call it. American's on the other hand play an inferior brand of rugby, complete with all kinds of protective equpiment, major knee injuries, and spinal injuries so severe, many of them never walk again. European sports are superior! 😏
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '13 19:28
    Originally posted by bill718
    Look on the bright side...at least the Englanders have the good sense to play the same game, no matter what they call it. American's on the other hand play an inferior brand of rugby, complete with all kinds of protective equpiment, major knee injuries, and spinal injuries so severe, many of them never walk again. European sports are superior! 😏
    And tights ..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree