1. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 03:18
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Take your pick...but I was thinking of that loser that cost England whatever small glimmer of hope they had in the last cup.
    Shouldn't that make him good, in your books?
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 17:08
    Take your pick...but I was thinking of that loser that cost England whatever small glimmer of hope they had in the last cup.
    I think that Rooney was to blame and got off very lightly.

However if he is a loser for that then you must think Zidane is even worse (he is another soccer player not as famous as Arnold Palmer). Apart from the world cup final, he has been sent off loads.

Maradona was sent off in the world cup too when only young.

It must be remembered that without Rooney for the large part of the game, playing against one of the best teams in the world, playing in the type of heat that is normally disasterous for our style of play, we were at least the equal of portugal. Had Rooney stayed on the pitch, we would have been favourites to beat both France and Italy.
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 19:082 edits
    Is it his upbringing? his lack of a work ethic? psychological problems?
    the fact that he is English?
    No I think he is loser because instead of making the most of enjoying his own life and successes and concentrating on positive things in his life, he wastes most of his free time in front of a pc typing hate posts about the scots in various forums.
  4. LA
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 20:02
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    No I think he is loser because instead of making the most of enjoying his own life and successes and concentrating on positive things in his life, he wastes most of his free time in front of a pc typing hate posts about the scots in various forums.
    Rooney should spend his free time practising even more so he truely will become the best player in the world.

Also why would he waste his time writing hate posts about the Scots when there is nothing to talk about sports wise, expect maybe tennis, unless he was provoked I guess.

And he certainly wouldn't waste most of his life talking and boring everyone about how he's going to change the way he plays, how he's seen the light, because Rooney is an innovator, he doesn't need books and databases to tell him how he should play, he just plays.

And even Rooney can write a single sentance without having to edit it twice.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 20:14
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    And he certainly wouldn't waste most of his life talking and boring everyone about how he's going to change the way he plays, how he's seen the light, because Rooney is an innovator, he doesn't need books and databases to tell him how he should play, he just plays.

And even Rooney can write a single sentance without having to edit it twice.
    Nice to see you adapting your adopted countries lack of appreciation of irony. If only the pesky Mexicans would assimilate similarly.

D
  6. LA
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 20:28
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Nice to see you adapting your adopted countries lack of appreciation of irony. If only the pesky Mexicans would assimilate similarly.

D
    Your post is way to "over rmy head" to understand.

I though I made 3 interesting points in my previous post:-
    - Not everyone shows the other cheek when slapped in the face
    - You're either a natural or not, whatever just do what's best for you and don't be judgemental
    - Rooney left school at 16 with no qualifications but could probably write a sentance without having to change it twice and if he did notice a mistake who cares as long as its ledgiable
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 05:211 edit
    Your post is way to "over rmy head" to understand.

I though I made 3 interesting points in my previous post:-
    - Not everyone shows the other cheek when slapped in the face
    - You're either a natural or not, whatever just do what's best for you and don't be judgemental
    - Rooney left school at 16 with no qualifications but could probably wri ...[text shortened]... having to change it twice and if he did notice a mistake who cares as long as its ledgiable
    What he was saying is that my post was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the thread originator who is a scot and always seems to be writing posts about the english.

Edit (for further clarification as you seem to be taking interest in the number of edits): I was replying as if the thread was aimed at the footballer, I do not even know you, as far as I am aware we have never played or crossed paths in the forum before. If you read my post again with red night's posting background in mind I think you will get the point of it and realise it was not aimed at you (although I have to confess it was amusing that you thought it was).
  8. LA
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 08:04
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    What he was saying is that my post was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the thread originator who is a scot and always seems to be writing posts about the english.

Edit (for further clarification as you seem to be taking interest in the number of edits): I was replying as if the thread was aimed at the footballer, I do not even know you, as far as I am ...[text shortened]... se it was not aimed at you (although I have to confess it was amusing that you thought it was).
    Ok, I see, sorry for over reacting and I appologise.

The thread originator created this thread as an attempt to wind me up, so I guess he succeded.

Congratulations RN, maybe I should start a thread about Arnold Palmer, great golfer maybe one of the top 100 sportsmen of all time, maybe.
  9. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 08:061 edit
    Ok, I see, sorry for over reacting and I appologise.

The thread originator created this thread as an attempt to wind me up, so I guess he succeded.

Congratulations RN, maybe I should start a thread about Arnold Palmer, great golfer maybe one of the top 100 sportsmen of all time, maybe.
    No harm done, actually I thought this thread was about the real Rooney so I got it wrong too

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree