1. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    And the other nations of the world are completely free of prejudice! Yeah, right. 🙄

Prejudice is a human problem, not just an American one.
    hang on friend.. i am only replying to the post. If what he/she is saying is true then truly it is sad that white americans have stopped watching certain sports becasue the majority of players are black!!

I mean how sad is that?

Some of the other PPl who have posted seems to agree that WHITE americans do not follow these sports becasue it is dominated my blacks..read frank burns posts for goodness sake!
  2. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 22:33
    Originally posted by gdyr99
    If you believe that white males have abandoned following the NBA, maybe it is because the game has changed over the years from one of 'fundamentals' to street ball and trash talking.
    ...would you like to expand on that?

A few examples of what you mean would be good
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 04:111 edit
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    hang on friend.. i am only replying to the post. If what he/she is saying is true then truly it is sad that white americans have stopped watching certain sports becasue the majority of players are black!!

I mean how sad is that?

Some of the other PPl who have posted seems to agree that WHITE americans do not follow these sports becasue it is dominated my blacks..read frank burns posts for goodness sake!
    But basketball's been dominated by blacks for years. That didn't stop tons of fans from watching during the Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan eras.

You had to go and bring in the usual tired America bashing, mention of the KKK-buzzword, and the rest of the typical inflammatory tactics.

Forgive me if I don't feel much pity for a group of extremely rich athletes, team owners, league officials, etc. losing some TV ratings.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 19:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 20:01
    Originally posted by richfeet
    NBA Basketball is followed by fans in the USA, Canada, and around the world however in the midwest of the USA it seems sometimes as if white males dislike the NBA and i think its due to the fact that its a mostly Black sport and many whites find it hard to root for a team however its their lost .
    I think that it's simply that hockey is more popular in the midwest. many midwesterners grew up playing hockey, not basketball. At least that is how it was growing up in Minnesota.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 20:24
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I think that it's simply that hockey is more popular in the midwest. many midwesterners grew up playing hockey, not basketball. At least that is how it was growing up in Minnesota.
    Well your Minnesota experience is pretty universal for the entire midwest = particularly Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Iowa, Ohio, & Illinois where Hockey reigns supreme and they barely play basketball at all....😵
  7. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:10
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Well your Minnesota experience is pretty universal for the entire midwest = particularly Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Iowa, Ohio, & Illinois where Hockey reigns supreme and they barely play basketball at all....😵
    lol i live in Ohio and basketball is big here, its too bad a lot of people cant see past race i grew up playing all sports basketball,baseball,football but not hockey i have never been to a live hockey game but would like to go someday i am not closed minded about sports and it does not matter to me what race a team is if its my home team i want them to win i enjoy all sports I watched the WORLD CUP THIS YEAR AND REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!!!!!!!
  8. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 13:58
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Even Kevin McHale has said that, as a kid growing up in Minnesota, he played a lot more hockey than he did basketball.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 14:16
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Even Kevin McHale has said that, as a kid growing up in Minnesota, he played a lot more hockey than he did basketball.
    I'm sure that is true in Minnesota. I was suggesting that it might not be true for the ENTIRE mid-west.
  10. Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 23:11
    I am a white high school varsity basketball player from the center of the midwest.

i love basketball.

i love watching college basketball.

I cannot stand the NBA because it has killed everything that is fun in basketball. And it has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with the officials, the rules and they style of game.
  11. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 15:431 edit
    I used to love the nba when it had Bird, Magic, Jordan, Stockton and Malone.

Today I hate it. Its full of thugs and people who could not make it in life without the nba. They arent even the best in the world anymore, yet they seem to think they are.

The league is full of thugs and dummies today.

People playing the race card on the issue are just dumb themselves.

"In the 80's and early 90's the Portland Trailblazers recruited not only for skill but for the admirable traits and character of the individual. And they were able to do it with great success. I happen to know that as I lived in Portland in that era (and still do) and due to the legal problems with the pro athletes around here, a great deal of the community here has abandoned a team they used to support whole heartedly."

~Frank Burns

And Frank is correct throughout.

Drexler, Porter, Kersey, Duckworth and Williams formed what was my favorite team in all of the history of basketball.

Good players and great people, and gosh they are all black.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:03
    Carmelo Anthony is a punk bitch. Sucker-punching a guy then running backwards across the court like that. I haven't seen a pussy run that fast since Tom and Jerry.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 19:25
    Is there any actual evidence that the NBA is less popular now then it was in the past? I remember for a few years in the 70's, some of the NBA Finals games had to be watched on tape delay after the late news. Attendence seems fine and is composed of mostly (you guessed it) whites. Perhaps TV ratings are down, but most TV sports ratings are down these days due to the proliferation of channels with different programming. I really don't think there's an overall problem.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Carmelo Anthony is a punk bitch. Sucker-punching a guy then running backwards across the court like that. I haven't seen a pussy run that fast since Tom and Jerry.
    Darvlay, let me ask you this: do you think this fight got more negative publicity due to the players largely being black? It seems like every baseball season there are bench-clearling bralls that don't get nearly the publicity.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:23
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Darvlay, let me ask you this: do you think this fight got more negative publicity due to the players largely being black? It seems like every baseball season there are bench-clearling bralls that don't get nearly the publicity.
    you might have a point. but ive never seen a fight like that in basketball, in baseball it is old news that might be why its gotten a lot of publicity. id like to see a fight in football, breaking each others helmets and stuff

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree