1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Carmelo Anthony is a punk bitch. Sucker-punching a guy then running backwards across the court like that. I haven't seen a pussy run that fast since Tom and Jerry.
    after seeing him run so fast, the coach will expect to see some hustle
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:34
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    you might have a point. but ive never seen a fight like that in basketball, in baseball it is old news that might be why its gotten a lot of publicity. id like to see a fight in football, breaking each others helmets and stuff
    I think the one in Indianapolis a couple of years ago was better because the fans got in on it and they were throwing drinks.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 02:43
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Darvlay, let me ask you this: do you think this fight got more negative publicity due to the players largely being black? It seems like every baseball season there are bench-clearling bralls that don't get nearly the publicity.
    I'd like to think not but it's difficult to understand why this particular fight was such a big deal. I'm used to the NHL where, in the same situation (the Nuggets were attempting to embarrass the Knicks at home), you can expect a nasty ending with multiple fights and game misconducts. A couple players might get suspended in the fall-out, too, but no one would get eight games for a sissy punch, and it certainly wouldn't be headline sports news unless it was your hometown paper.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:29
    Darvlay, let me ask you this: do you think this fight got more negative publicity due to the players largely being black? It seems like every baseball season there are bench-clearling bralls that don't get nearly the publicity.
    People who want to see boogeymen/racism at every turn, will.

The reason baseball brawls dont get the same amount of attention, in your opinion, (I see them covered plenty everytime) is because of precisely what you said, they happen all of the time, which is a stain on the sport.

A brawl on the court where 10 players are ejected is very uncommon.

Thats why its getting the coverage.

But do continue to see your boogeymen.
  5. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 07:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'd like to think not but it's difficult to understand why this particular fight was such a big deal. I'm used to the NHL where, in the same situation (the Nuggets were attempting to embarrass the Knicks at home), you can expect a nasty ending with multiple fights and game misconducts. A couple players might get suspended in the fall-out, too, but no one w ...[text shortened]... punch, and it certainly wouldn't be headline sports news unless it was your hometown paper.
    No, but the guy who threw the sissy punch would know whats coming to him next time he's in town.
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 00:50
    I think that's why it gets more pub, kirksey. I wish that it weren't true, but I believe that it is.
  8. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 20:00
    Originally posted by gdyr99
    If you believe that white males have abandoned following the NBA, maybe it is because the game has changed over the years from one of 'fundamentals' to street ball and trash talking.
    I agree with what gdyr99. It's not the race issue that turns people off of the NBA its the behaviors. From outside court behavior like Kolby Byran cheating on his wife w/ some white girl here in Denver or major fights that break out and even spill out onto the fans. I don't like the NBA, Nascar, or MLB. I'll watch the NFL playoffs and maybe Golf but thats it. If the sport is not Boxing or MMA then the athletes shouldn't throw down fists. Plain and Simple. They are professional athletes. They should start acting like it. (This is meant for all races)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree