1. USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 21:28
    Whats the fun in watching cars go in circles 500 times? Can any NASCAR enthusiasts explain this to me?

Now Formula 1 racing is much more interesting in my opinion....
  2. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 21:33
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Whats the fun in watching cars go in circles 500 times? Can any NASCAR enthusiasts explain this to me?

It's a southern thing...competitive...lots of wrecks.

Beats the hell outta soccer.

Dave
  3. In your face
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 21:57

500 laps in NASCAR, 50 or so in formula 1. It's all the same to me. Lots of lawn mowers going round in circles.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 14:56
    I do not think that there are any mile long NASCAR tracks. Your math is wrong?
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 15:03
    I grew up with uncles that were dirt track drivers. It's the manuevering, pit stop strategy, speed and daring. NASCAR often has exciting finishes.

Formula One bores the daylights out of me.
  6. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 17:26
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I grew up with uncles that were dirt track drivers. It's the manuevering, pit stop strategy, speed and daring. NASCAR often has exciting finishes.

Formula One bores the daylights out of me.
    Pit stop strategy is much more important in F1 - NASCAR isn't exciting because the only time there is excitemen is when there is a crash, and that's because some driver has no respect for the other driver which is basically against the ethics of sport - respect your opponent.

Exciting finishes is because after 500 laps no one can get an advantage - why not have 100 laps and the finishes would still be as exciting.
  7. USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 22:42
    Originally posted by John1916

Exciting finishes is because after 500 laps no one can get an advantage - why not have 100 laps and the finishes would still be as exciting.
    My point exactly
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 23:00

Someone once described it to me as "rednecks turning left." I used to leave near a museum dedicated to Matt Kenseth. It was just ... odd.