1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    15 Jun '16 18:49
    "William Payne Stewart

    "William Payne Stewart (January 30, 1957 – October 25, 1999) was an American professional golfer who won eleven PGA Tour events, including three major championships in his career, the last of which occurred a few months before he died in an airplane accident at the age of 42.

    Stewart gained his first major title at the 1989 PGA Championship. He won the 1991 U.S. Open after a playoff against Scott Simpson. At the 1999 U.S. Open Stewart captured his third major title after holing a 15-foot (5 m) par putt on the final hole for a one stroke victory.

    Stewart was a popular golfer with spectators, who responded enthusiastically to his distinctive clothing. He was reputed to have the biggest wardrobe of all professional golfers and was a favorite of photographers because of his flamboyant attire of ivy caps and patterned pants, which were a cross between plus fours and knickerbockers, a throwback to the once-commonplace golf "uniform". Stewart was also admired for having one of the most gracefully fluid and stylish golf swings of the modern era.[1]."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payne_Stewart
    ________________

    Your thoughts regarding the reasons for this disaster?
  2. wherever I am needed
    Joined
    13 Dec '12
    Moves
    40201
    15 Jun '16 21:12
    I believe that the plane was badly maintained, and that the cabin pressure fell alarmingly before the pilot and passengers could don oxygen masks, resulting in death or unconsciousness. The plane flew on autopilot for an alarming time before crashing. Tragic
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    17 Jun '16 22:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"William Payne Stewart

    "William Payne Stewart (January 30, 1957 – October 25, 1999) was an American professional golfer who won eleven PGA Tour events, including three major championships in his career, the last of which occurred a few months before he died in an airplane accident at the age of 42.

    Stewart gained his first major tit ...[text shortened]... g/wiki/Payne_Stewart
    ________________

    Your thoughts regarding the reasons for this disaster?[/b]
    Causes, not reasons.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Jul '16 04:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"William Payne Stewart

    "William Payne Stewart (January 30, 1957 – October 25, 1999) was an American professional golfer who won eleven PGA Tour events, including three major championships in his career, the last of which occurred a few months before he died in an airplane accident at the age of 42.

    Stewart gained his first major tit ...[text shortened]... g/wiki/Payne_Stewart
    ________________

    Your thoughts regarding the reasons for this disaster?[/b]
    Rich folk often fly their own private planes which sometimes costs them their life.

    Shrug, it's the price you pay for being rich folk.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    26584
    19 Jul '16 17:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rich folk often fly their own private planes which sometimes costs them their life.

    Shrug, it's the price you pay for being rich folk.
    Stewart was not piloting the plane.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jul '16 16:50
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    Stewart was not piloting the plane.
    The point being, rich folk tend to have their own planes.

    Commercial planes I think, by in large, undergo more scrutiny in terms of safety issues.
Back to Top