Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 20 Jun '07 21:02
    So who will win this year?

On the mens side, can anyone touch the Fed?

On the womens, can JH finally win on grass?
  2. 20 Jun '07 21:57
    Originally posted by zebano

rafa

henin
  3. 20 Jun '07 22:29
    Originally posted by trevor33
    rafa

henin
    yeah I think that may be the case..... but two players that have impressed me on Grass so far...
    Jankovic, she went one set down to Sharapova and came back to win in Birmingham, ok sharapova is not on form right now, neither is serena williams, but still shes in rich form and on grass could really push henin, so I'm thinking she could do it! The womens is by far the tightest contest.
    As for the mens, well all the men I was looking forward to seeing flopped at queens, Ljubicic and Djokovic that is, but with the exception of Andy Roddick, I think he is the only player on grass that could cause an upset, with the Fed pulling out of halle who knows but I think the Fed will make it five...awsome!! Anyhow, Roddick looked class in queens, he still relies on the big serve but I think the influence conners has had on the other aspects of his game puts him right in the mix, grass suits his game.
    Will be a great comp though.
  4. 22 Jun '07 12:18
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    yeah I think that may be the case..... but two players that have impressed me on Grass so far...
    Jankovic, she went one set down to Sharapova and came back to win in Birmingham, ok sharapova is not on form right now, neither is serena williams, but still shes in rich form and on grass could really push henin, so I'm thinking she could do it! The womens ...[text shortened]... ects of his game puts him right in the mix, grass suits his game.
    Will be a great comp though.
    history tells us roddick doesn't have a hope in hell of winning wimbledon, 2 many long matches in the early rounds and not enough variety against the top 2. semis yeah, final maybe, can't see him winning it though.
  5. 23 Jun '07 12:26

Federer

Either Serena or Sharapova
  6. Standard member asromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    23 Jun '07 12:38

Henman, er....
  7. 23 Jun '07 16:36
    I never agreed with them moving to Milton Keynes...
  8. 23 Jun '07 17:46
    Originally posted by blade68
    I never agreed with them moving to Milton Keynes...
    i didn't care
  9. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    23 Jun '07 17:48

Federer and Sharapova. Federer without losing a set I'm sure... Sharapova will prolly have to fight for it.
    Nadal won't beat federer on grass until he can adjust his swing to attack at least a little.
  10. 23 Jun '07 18:32
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Federer and Sharapova. Federer without losing a set I'm sure... Sharapova will prolly have to fight for it.
    Nadal won't beat federer on grass until he can adjust his swing to attack at least a little.
    we'll see
  11. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    23 Jun '07 22:09
    Wimbledon
    Don't you mean MK Dons?
  12. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    27 Jun '07 19:26
    If Federer has an off day against Roddick (provided they both make it that far) Andy has a slight chance.

I like both Serena and Venus on the grass, but Henin such a solid player she'll be tough to beat.
  13. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    01 Jul '07 18:14

Sunday, Middle Sunday...
  14. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    04 Jul '07 19:04

Henin just notched her first win over Serena on grass.
    Unfortunately Serena wasn't at her best, playing with 2 injuries, still she put up quite a fight.
  15. 04 Jul '07 21:50
    the rain as always